Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Help Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS

Hi Guys. I'm loving the Sims3 just now even though I have this issue. It's difficult to explain so have added a link of a screenshot to show it.

The game will play fine for 5-10 mins and then this will happen. My PC Spec is above min requirements. I have 2GB Ram, 3.05GB Pentium 4 processor and 256 Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS (which is supported) on Windows XP.

I have checked drivers for graphics card and updated DirectX but still same issue is happening and it doesn't matter what settings I have on in the game as it happens on low as well as high settings. Any help would be great.

Screenshot of issue

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• JodiPMJodiPM Posts: 496 Member
    edited June 2009
    That happens to me too and a whole lot of other people. I have no fix though, sorry. :(
    Live, love, Laugh and forget the drama queens.

• NewDawnNewDawn Posts: 263 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Have you tried to go to http://nvidia.com to get a driver update?
  • JodiPMJodiPM Posts: 496 Member
    edited June 2009
    everything on my end is up to date. :)
    Live, love, Laugh and forget the drama queens.

• amicablywhimamicablywhim Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same graphics card but I haven't encountered that problem yet so I'm not sure if that's the reason why that's happening. And from the specs you gave, mine aren't nearly as good as yours either.
  • NewDawnNewDawn Posts: 263 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Very strange... it seems like a graphics artifact issue... can you put it on different settings and see what happens?
  • dinkickledinkickle Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Graphics Driver is definately up to date. I even tried a beta driver but that was slightly worse so have reverted back. I have tried reducing all graphic settings to low but this does not make any difference at all.

Thankfully it is still playable at the moment its just frustrating considering specs state this should work fine.
  • KulintanKulintan Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have this same problem on my ATI Raedeon HD 3650 card. I've updated drivers and played with settings till my mouse bled. Nothing new. Runs fine on my HP Touchsmart TX2-1027 with an ATI Raedeon HD 3200. Very weird..
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Looks like a symptom of your card/system overheating. It seems to have artifacts and it's rendering at 8 or 16 bit color.
  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If your card is going bad or is overheating it will look like that. It should look like that in all of your games though if they are roughly close in system demands. If it is overheating, it will usually occur after a set amount of time into a game. You might experience weird stuff on your desktop as well if things were crapping out (weird tiling on windows, pieces of windows still on the screen when you move them, slow to draw windows to the screen, etc.). If it is just this one game, it is most likely a driver/game issue. I have had it happen with other games, and with new drivers and game updates it has eventually stopped.

If you know how to change settings on your card, you could try changing things around to see if that helped (make sure there is something that lets you push a button a button to return to default settings before doing that). Sorry, not much help.
  • MaggieDoo747MaggieDoo747 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a nvidia Ge Force 6200 (nothing special) and it does the same thing! Except mines all the time immediatly when I load my game :( I got the graphics card before ts3 came out and when I played ts2 it did the same :( I'm so bummed it makes the game impossible to play...
  • priushornpriushorn Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep...that's happening to me as well. And it happens immediately upon game start. I have a GeForce 7900 GTX w/ 512 MB. But, to be fair, it's been doing that in Sims 2 for me, not quite on that scale, but same sort of thing. I've also had wierd things happening on desktop out of game, so I know my card is kaput.

We're getting a GeForce GTX 260 this next week when we have the monies. That 7900 was cutting edge back when I bought my Area-51 Alienware...so, now it's time for an upgrade.

I suggest trying newegg first. They have great deals.
  • KinaioKinaio Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i think its a bug because my other games run just fine and i put the settings on high and one of the games i play is spore and that requires better specs than TS3
  • TallahasseeTallahassee Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Looks like there is blades coming out of a gothic city hall dude. I don't know how the heck that happened LOL