Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Houses and Gardens

Hey Simmers! Please help!!
I want to move my Sim family to a new house by the beach, but my founder Sim collected lots of seeds and planted them, which have grown into plants and trees... one of them I suspect might be the money tree, it's taking forever to grow and its the same colour as the tree in my Sims moodlet to want to grow a money tree...
Anyway, how can I move my Sim's beloved garden to the new lot?

Comments

• Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hate to say it, but you can't move the grown plants. You can however get seeds from the plants, or fruits from the plants, and plant them on the new lot. I think someone said before that the money tree will drop seeds? Not positive on that though as I haven't had one yet.
  • seassonseasson Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmmm.... grrrr!
    Thanks anyway. I find it odd that you can move the plants and trees freely within the lot but not take them to a new lot... its the same thing pretty much, isn't it?
    edited June 2009
    seasson wrote:
    Hmmm.... grrrr!
    Thanks anyway. I find it odd that you can move the plants and trees freely within the lot but not take them to a new lot... its the same thing pretty much, isn't it?

Say, I've never tried this, but can you move the plant into your family inventory when you're in the build screen? If you can do that then it might work. :) NM, false alarm. You can't move them into family inventory, so there went that idea. :P
  • SwaydeSwayde Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think you can plant a new money tree from the sacks of money. At least my Sim with level 10 gardening and 3 money trees never gets the option. It would be great if the garden could move with the Sim, but I just don't see any way for that to happen.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    one thing you can do is move the entire house garden and all to another lot but unfortinately that doesent cure your current situation . I would suggest grow the money tree and eventually it will drop a seed if you tend it well
    edited June 2009
    I won't say I wish it would change in an upcoming EP, coz then I'd just be like everyone else.
    edited June 2009
    Swayde wrote:
    I don't think you can plant a new money tree from the sacks of money. At least my Sim with level 10 gardening and 3 money trees never gets the option. It would be great if the garden could move with the Sim, but I just don't see any way for that to happen.

Have the Money Trees ever dropped any seeds? I thought I saw someone post that, but god knows where now.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    you cant plant bags but Moneytrees do drop a seed when they reach perfect status
    edited June 2009
    you cant plant bags but Moneytrees do drop a seed when they reach perfect status

Ah, that's what it was then, thank you! :D
  • Queenie69Queenie69 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gouka989 wrote:
    Have the Money Trees ever dropped any seeds? I thought I saw someone post that, but god knows where now.
    Yes, they do.

From 2 money trees, I have grown a further 3 from the seeds they have dropped.
  • breegammbreegamm Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wait until the tree matures to the point where it is harvestable, then move (leaving the tree behind because you can't take it with you). Then, every couple of days go back to the old lot and harvest the tree. Keep doing this and see if eventually a seed will drop. If not, at least you can still harvest that tree as long as you don't bulldoze the property.
    edited June 2009
    breegamm wrote:
    Wait until the tree matures to the point where it is harvestable, then move (leaving the tree behind because you can't take it with you). Then, every couple of days go back to the old lot and harvest the tree. Keep doing this and see if eventually a seed will drop. If not, at least you can still harvest that tree as long as you don't bulldoze the property.

That's great advice, thankyou! My Sims has a garden full of Excellent and Very Good quality veggies I'd hate to lose.
  • graciee_xgraciee_x Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I know this is an old post, but if you use 'testingcheatsenabled true' then use 'buydebug' you can buy the plants in the seeds/plants section, including the omni plant and money tree. They're free, but I'm not sure what the quality is, I think it varies. Hope I helped anyone still having this problem :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited December 2012

Move your family to the new house but still go back to the old house to harvest. No need for watering, weeding or fertilizing. The money trees will eventual mature to become perfect trees when they will drop 1 money tree seed each. To keep any other family from being moved into the old house go into town edit and remove the refrigerator. Before you leave unlock the gate if there is a fence around the garden.

If any of your sims is working toward a perfect garden then you will need to plant a new garden in your new house.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize this was an old post.

• extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited December 2012
    Can't you put the lot in the Library and then place it down in a new location?
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    Can't you put the lot in the Library and then place it down in a new location?

Does anyone know if this is possible. I have a money tree I planted but it won't grow in the desert it seems on a public park. So I thought I could save the lot and import it to a new lot out of the desert.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    @ZzMANzZ - Hi there. This is a TS3 thread from back when the game was just released in 2009. I take it you are playing TS4? Although they both have Money Trees, the mechanics of the two games are very different from each other. TS3 doesn't really have the concept of a desert to the extent that it inhibits plant growth. You want want to repost the question on the TS4 section of the forum. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    Thanks @igazor I was not until after I posted that I noticed the wrong thread.