Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No books in bookstore? Sim won't age?

Everytime i go to the bookstore there are no books. I deleted all of my book related mods but that didn't work!
And also my sim won't age. She was stuck as a child untill i moved her out and waited. But now i can't get her to grow up to a ya! I tried forcing her and the cake.
What do i do on these problems?

Comments

• gtrip2luvgtrip2luv Posts: 11
    edited October 2010
    I just installed it yesterday and prior to doing so everything worked. Now I'm having the same problem. deleted all of my skillbook mods and social interaction mods.....now my sims can chat and interact again but I lost all books at the book stores. I check the book stores in the travel location ie. china, france etc and they are all gone too has anyone heard anything about this issue
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2010
    Did you clear your cache files after removing your book mod(s)? I had one book mod that I removed, cleared the cache files, and the books showed back up at the store.

I don't know about the aging thing yet, though.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • sheinyosheinyo Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2010
    I tried but it didn't work. :cry:
  • Granny0214Granny0214 Posts: 22
    edited October 2010
    Okay this is getting bad, no books, no skillups.....EA why did you do this to us?? Anyone know how to get the books back? I took care of the cache and since I have no Mods installed that are connected to the books, tried again...oh and just so you all know I am running no CC and removed anything I DL'd just to be sure .... still no books.. I do not have NiteLife but I have all the rest of the expasions......
    edited October 2010
    Granny0214 wrote:
    Okay this is getting bad, no books, no skillups.....EA why did you do this to us?? Anyone know how to get the books back? I took care of the cache and since I have no Mods installed that are connected to the books, tried again...oh and just so you all know I am running no CC and removed anything I DL'd just to be sure .... still no books.. I do not have NiteLife but I have all the rest of the expasions......
    Do you have the newest patch? Maybe thats the problem for us.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2010
    If you get a bookless game, you need to remove the mods causing it - that means ALL book related CC and mods, delete cache files, delete the bad game and it's backup, then start a new game.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    edited October 2010
    I didn't delete my game, but my sister started a new game and it does the same thing. No books.
  • evie12evie12 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have this problem to, i've deleted all the caches but the books dont show still
  • PrincesschaosPrincesschaos Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Same here. No books in any bookstores since installing Ambitions. :cry:
  • KatterlyKatterly Posts: 88 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I had books in my stores until I installed the patch then *poof* no books. I even went as far as to uninstall the entire game and reinstall it but all that led to be was being forced to buy the Late Night expansion just to get the game to run at all because without it I just kept getting errors about it not being compatible.

So now I have the expansion and I STILL have no books in the bookstores, no recipes or sheet music either.

Haven't played long enough to know if my Sims will age.

This is very frustrating
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    Did you all check the for mods folder in the old (all expansion packs) place AND the new place and maybe search your hard disk for *book*.package to make extra sure that you don't have a mod hiding ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• KatterlyKatterly Posts: 88 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I did find a books.package in my mods folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods) after deleting that my books came back.

Still haven't checked out the aging but at least my Sims can read stuff again.

Hope this helps others.