Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is definately a problem with Bridgeport.

I tried saving a testing game to see what is going on with the crashing. This is what I have noticed and painstakingly spent over four hours doing all this.

What I did first was uninstall everything and placed all my saved content in another folder so I didn't lose it.

Reinstalled all the games, expantion packs, updates then saved stuff last. Did the DEP thing, updated the NVIDIA drivers since they have new ones out. Then tried the game AGAIN.

I tried toying around in Bridgeport then try to save it......it crashed. So I decided to go back to Twinbrook which was my last save and save another one from here as TESTING. It saved the file and I can go back and play. But for some reason, it doesn't want me in Bridgeport. I deleted all the Ambitions content as well and still no try. There is definitely a problem that needs to be fixed in bridgeport in order for us to continue the game.

Until the meantime, I am stuck in twinbrook until the issue is resolved. All the other towns work as well.

Comments

• oldjeeperdudeoldjeeperdude Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2010
    And of course it has never occured to you that the fact thousands of people are playing the game with no issues at all, would indicate there is some sort of problem with your computer, not the game?
  • JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Like oldjeeperdude said, maybe it's your computer. I have been playing Late Night since I got it yesterday and I have had no problem with it crashing.
  • guitarangelguitarangel Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2010
    It would be nice if EA would just let us place the new buildings from Ambitions into BRidgeport..... It has to be the problem. I can do everything that Bridgeport has in Twinbrook and get all the items in there. I just can't move to bridgeport is the problem. So I narrowed it down that far. I also tried deleting all the ambition buildings and still getting the crash.
    edited October 2010
    My computer has a Nvidia 480 video card. A $500 video card. 2tb hjard drive. Intel i7 960 overclocked. ASUS premium MB. It is a $3000 custom built computer. It is definitaly NOT the computer. It is the game. How can one play it in Twinbrook with no crashes, no problem at all, but not in bridgeport??? There is a problem. And there are a lot on here with probems just like mine so I am not the only one.
  • JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I didn't have to put Ambitions buildings in LN. They were already in there. I don't know what to tell you. So far I have no problem with it crashing.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited October 2010
    For the record, there are tons of people experiencing crashing of some kind or another.

I had a glitch free game. Never had to uninstall. Ran great and everything with each EP, even with CC in it.
    My game still works fine (knock on wood) even if the launcher is being wonky and it lags a bit due to rendering. However even in my game, it didn't *spontaneously* crash but it crashed when I did something so simple as try to remove a platform stage. And keeps doing so if I try to remove it from that lot (could be since I had cheats on, IDK). Granted, had I never toyed with it I wouldn't know. But thing is, it could be something so small that triggers it. I just updated all my system specs so I doubt it's my computer. While it's not game-breaking, it's still somewhat annoying.

But I'm just saying, I was one of those people who had no problems...but they sneak up on you...
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited October 2010
    if you have ambitions installed and start a new game in bridgeport, the game should place the ambitions lots for you.
  • AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2010
    My computer has a Nvidia 480 video card. A $500 video card. 2tb hjard drive. Intel i7 960 overclocked. ASUS premium MB. It is a $3000 custom built computer. It is definitaly NOT the computer. It is the game. How can one play it in Twinbrook with no crashes, no problem at all, but not in bridgeport??? There is a problem. And there are a lot on here with probems just like mine so I am not the only one.

I don't think the amount of money you spent on your video card or computer matters. I have saved a dozen times since last night on Bridgeport with no issues at all. I created custom lots and moved my sims about 6 times without any issues.

You should look into maybe lowering your settings as that may sometimes cause unexpected crashes in any game. I would also suggest that you check you video card manufacturers website to see if other customers with the same video card are having the same issue as you.

I am running Win7, Intel i7 and GeForce GT 230M video card.
  • tONguEtiEd113tONguEtiEd113 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys,

Honestly, I'm having the same problem almost identical to the first complaint.. my game spontaneously kicked me off SEVERAL TIMES after 10 seconds of game play... it was only when I played the game, not in CAS, that it would kick me off. My laptop isn't game oriented, but I assumed it could take this game if it could take Ambitions and World Adventures. I don't really know what to think... but I'm thinking its my graphics card :?
  • Situation171Situation171 Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2010
    I had random crashing issues with all the EP's but then I figured out to go into advanced settings in my computer and check turn DEP on for all programs except...and then I put the base game and all the EP's on the except list and I haven't had it crash since. If you need to know how to turn DEP off for your operating system the easiest way is to google it.
  • dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited October 2010
    The only thing i don't see on your list is for trying the 357 4th Avenue lot fix, I've read on antoher thread that if you do certain things it fixes the Bridgeport bug and it did fix my game just by fixing that glitched lot. go down to campmaster on this link it has all the instructions that should fix it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/281695.page
  • etrnalsky4uetrnalsky4u Posts: 22 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I didn't have to put Ambitions buildings in LN. They were already in there. I don't know what to tell you. So far I have no problem with it crashing.
    What?I thought you had to put ambitions buildings in bridgeport :/
    edited October 2010
    Well I can say that I finally fixed the problem. What I did was delete ALL the Ambition buildings that Late Night plopped down. then bulldozed the lots to where they where nothing there. Then the game started working and I could even use CC and mods. I have built and repaired computers now for seventeen years and I knew that I would find the problem soon. You just have to narrow it down little by laittle. You cannot say that it is your computer or the video card when each problem is different. I played in Twinbrook and Riverview and had no problems when I installed Bridgeport. You can play all the other towns but this one is NOT a computer problem, but a program glitch. You had the option to place these Ambition lots when the Ambition game came out, but when you get Late Night, it places them in the game for you is where they went wrong. I believe this is the problem. I would recommend to anyone that is having a problem to just delete all the ambition buildings in Bridgeport and add them in later on. This worked for me, so who knows. Also *** the DEP as well like I do all the Stuff packs and Expantion packs. I have no problems at all.
  • No1UKnow83No1UKnow83 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2010
    And of course it has never occured to you that the fact thousands of people are playing the game with no issues at all, would indicate there is some sort of problem with your computer, not the game?

and it didnt occur to u that there are twice as many people who are having significant amounts of problems pertaining to this game?? thats what the forums are for.. open ur eyes.. sorry that everyone cant have perfect gaming experiences like u
    btw.. this isnt a rude reply.. its me speaking my mind.. monotone
  • DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited October 2010
    Interesting, I did crash my laptop when I had my sim hot-tub with another sim right before closing time at one of the bar spots. It totally locked up my whole system to the point of doing a hard boot. Real fun with a laptop & win 7, grrr.

I know my laptop isnt a gaming machine, I accept that. And whats really funny is that up to a week ago I was running the other packs just fine, even dl'ed & added Fast Lane. After adding that & patching the game I started having update issues, couldnt add in new sims, sims that should have worked were saying it was the wrong version of the game & that I should update but the IE was saying I had updated.
    So I spent the weekend, backing up, reformating & installing win7 & drivers, programs, no sims content at all beyond the patch from the site & the packs. Game started crashing left & right, wouldnt let me in. I get LN & other than one start up crash it seemed to fix itself, well, beyond eating up my processor & memory.

I like the LN pack so far, didnt know about the Ambitions stuff though. Think for now gonna leave it alone, as I lost 7+ hrs of game play when I hot-tub crashed it. But will keep that in mind.

Now to get world tools working.
    edited October 2010
    I'm just tryin to help everyone out by figuring out how come this is happening. So far since I deleted all the Ambition buildings and the lots themselves, I have had no problems. The only problem now is trying to find places to put pre existing Ambition buildings. I need 30x40 lots and there is none that I can find. Sigh.
  • Rockermonkey999Rockermonkey999 Posts: 1,953 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It's weird that only some people have issues and others don't. My game is running as it always has with Bridgeport, and my computer is far from the best.
  • Katwoman107Katwoman107 Posts: 70
    edited October 2010
    Did you try editing a few lots in Bridgeport as CampMaster had mention? With doing that, My crashes problems were saved instantly, I thought it had it had to do with my CC so I do had uninstall the sims 3, But that was not the issue .. There is a slight bug in Bridgeport if you haven't noticed with a certain lot. Message me if you need more info.

Edit: oh gee I see you have done what i just posted Lol I'm glad it has finally worked for you! I don't know about you,but I was a bit bumped to have to reinstall everything when the obvious answer was to just edit the town :oops: Have fun simming! 8)
    edited October 2010
    Did you try editing a few lots in Bridgeport as CampMaster had mention? With doing that, My crashes problems were saved instantly, I thought it had it had to do with my CC so I do had uninstall the sims 3, But that was not the issue .. There is a slight bug in Bridgeport if you haven't noticed with a certain lot. Message me if you need more info.

Edit: oh gee I see you have done what i just posted Lol I'm glad it has finally worked for you! I don't know about you,but I was a bit bumped to have to reinstall everything when the obvious answer was to just edit the town :oops: Have fun simming! 8)

Yeah, it's working like a charm now. But now I am bummed cause there is no room for the Ambition buildings in Late Night. Also no 30x40 slots.