Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim cannot come back from China

I took a sim with Visa level 0 to China for three days. At the end of the three days I get the message that its time to return home, only my sim does not go back home, she just jumps on the bike and heads back to base camp. I also tried using her cell phone option to return home, but this just results in her teleporting to random locations inside of the base camp in China. Her vacation time meter reads 4/3 days of vacation... 5/3 days of vacation... it just keeps going and she won't go home... Also, I've never had any other glitches with WA, or any of my other expansions, so I'm a bit puzzled. The only thing I can figure was that something went wrong with the last update, since the last time I took a sim on vacation was before I updated. Any ideas?

Comments

• LAWRENCE43566LAWRENCE43566 Posts: 298
    edited October 2010
    Im afraid you might have to delete the sim im sorry enjoy living in china
  • bven49bven49 Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    oh, i hope not, but if i have too i guess... :(
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited October 2010
    bven49 wrote:
    I took a sim with Visa level 0 to China for three days. At the end of the three days I get the message that its time to return home, only my sim does not go back home, she just jumps on the bike and heads back to base camp. I also tried using her cell phone option to return home, but this just results in her teleporting to random locations inside of the base camp in China. Her vacation time meter reads 4/3 days of vacation... 5/3 days of vacation... it just keeps going and she won't go home... Also, I've never had any other glitches with WA, or any of my other expansions, so I'm a bit puzzled. The only thing I can figure was that something went wrong with the last update, since the last time I took a sim on vacation was before I updated. Any ideas?

This is one of the nasty glitches that seem to be best handled by exiting without saving and hoping that you have a good backup.
  • Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It wasn't the update. WA has always had problems like this. You've just been lucky until now. Always use Save As prior to traveling and during traveling to keep your saves separate and ensure you always have a good save at home so you can recover from situations like this. Apart from that there's not a lot you can do.

You can TRY copying her to the library through Edit Town and saving her that way. Place the copy back home but she will lose all relationship data in the process. Other than that.. sorry.
  • bven49bven49 Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    I tried the edit town thing, and I just get a message that reads "Edit Town is invalid." I made a new neighborhood in the main menu and created a totally new sim and then sent her to china for three days to see if the same thing would happen to her, but it didn't, she came right home. My other sim must just be bugged. :cry: Anyway, I have a backup I just wanted to see if someone new what was causing it. Oh well.
  • amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Not new, happened to me weeks ago before this patch and this ep. Look on the forums, it has happened to a whole lot of people.
  • ammoniteammonite Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    hmmm... I'm not encouraged by everyone's advice here! My sim is stuck in france right now and i'm combing the forums to see how other's have fixed this issue and i'm not having any luck. I can send her husband home, but not her...
    I just downloaded the patch update a few minutes ago so I will try again and see if that makes a difference...
    If that doesn't work, because I don't "save as" before I leave for vacation (good advice, btw) I'm going to try and restore a previous version of my saved game and hope it will be from before I left...
  • whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited December 2010
    First: the Save as before and after a trip is critical. In fact, I do a Save As after every time a play with the date: Save As Sunset Vally 11-30-10 for example. I have a lot of saved files, but that doesn't hurt anything. This has saved me many times.

Second: I have had a different problem recently with the trips. They say 0/8 days or however long the trip is. Days pass and the counter never changes. Essentially, the sims have moved to the new location. I have been able to send them home by using the phone and control clicking everyone's names to send them all home. However, if I had wanted to stay there forever, that would have been fine.