Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofs protruding through walls into rooms. *sigh* any solutions?

TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
Hi. :-)

I'm going insane here, no matter what I do the roofs still protrude through the walls. :? I've been trying to get more creative with roofs but this is really getting in the way of my enjoyment of them, I have to say. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to get around this issue, do you use cheats?

Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to provide a solution.

Comments

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2010
    Can you post a picture of your problem? It's my experience that although it may look from the outside that your roof is infringing on your room, the offending parts disappear on the inside. If this isn't your case, a picture showing the problem area would be helpful in providing a response :)
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi KittKat. :-)

Yeah, that is the case here. The roofs do disappear on the inside. It just look really odd from the outside as I can see the roof in the room through the attic window. :lol:

• hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    Indoor roofing will theoretically disappear once you place certain roofs on the top level. Those top level roofs will "cancel out" the indoor roofing below. This is true for the traditional roofs like hipped, mansard, and gable. However, I've had a hard time with the octagonal roofs and conical roofs. On the lower levels, the indoor portions of octagonal and conical roofs never disappear. Moreover, the top level octagonal and conical roofs won't "cancel out" the indoor portions of roofing below. It's not really a problem from the indoor perspective as you can't see the roof. I just hate that you can see the roofing bleed into the rooms from the outside looking in through the windows. On my last build, I had to change my octagonal turrets to square turrets for this very reason (the octagonal roof would not "cancel out" the porch roofing, and you could see it through the windows).
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Moreover, the top level octagonal and conical roofs won't "cancel out" the indoor portions of roofing below.

I'm finding this out, lol. The roof below just wont quit. It looks really odd through the window doesn't it?

I was hoping that I may have missed something simple or people were using a cheat, but it seems like there is no way to prevent this yet.

• SpeggySpeggy Posts: 406 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have a similar problem too and I know how annoying it is.

I'm ignoring it for now but hopefully someone finds a solution asap.

BUMPS!
  • CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a solution to this problem!!!

Wherever you want to put a circular/octagonal roof, criss cross the spot with a mansard roof before or after you place the circular one...

So....

Now you see me:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Criss Cross with Mansard:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Place Circular or Octagonal:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Raise as desired:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Now you don't:
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MaetickMaetick Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    I was just having this same problem. Not only could I see the roof from outside My sims couldn't get into bed because of the roof. (The downside to using moveobjects on when furnishing.)

Thank you CLM1227 for the help!
  • gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited October 2013
    BRILLIANT CLM 1227 !