Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills?

I have a question about bills. For some reason my family's bills are going up continually. Why would that be? What are they paying for? Is it taxes on their income?

Comments

• JamesFraizerJamesFraizer Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2009
    High price item's in the house such as tables, tv, real high price item's (etc). enough of high price item's will cause high bill's. As the days go by you will notice stuff you have in the house is no longer worth what you paid for them. soon as the days go by. the bill's that the mayor of (let there be sims) charge's on sims tax's start to fall in amount owed. :D
  • JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It seems to be based mostly on quantity and quality of item present in the lot. In addition you will notice some items can very strongly affect the monthly bills, such as getting car.

On my lot buying a mid-level car with a few other minor items saw my bill go from roughly 300 dollars to 450 - which was a bit of a surprise.

I've also noticed that certain sims will be very adamant about turning off lights, and it makes me wonder if amount of electrical usage is not calculated into it.
  • HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    In Previous Sims games it was just based off the price of all items on your lot(this includes landscape items.) Also the longer you waited to pay it would go up(late charges). Just installed Sims 3 bout an hour an a half ago, and all that info still seems the same.
  • SonshineSonshine Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am familiar with how bills work, or have worked in the past. I've played sims for quite a while now. In the past, the bills always got less as things in the house depreciated. What's happening now is that my family's bills are going up regardless of items in the house. I just checked it out now. They payed bills of $220 and I purposely did NOT add *anything* to the house or improve anything at all and when they got their bills just now, they were $300! This is immediately after the bills were delivered. The only time the bills went *up* before is when you got another delivery of bills and you had to pay both of them. This has been happening since they moved in. The bills *should* get less, but they're not; they're going up instead. This has been happening since they moved into the house. Fortunately, they can afford it now, but still... Does anybody know why this is happening? Is this supposed to happen now?
    edited June 2009
    bump
  • JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you get a raise during that time? Maybe it takes that into account, not sure just postulating it might be.
    edited June 2009
    This is really weird now! It seems that my bills reached a max of $300, then the next time they were delivered they came to $301 and now they're going down! This is definitely something I'm going to have to read up on when my guide comes.
  • hippolover87hippolover87 Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's odd.
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm paying $1300 for bills in a medium-sized house... :shock:
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sims are paying $2100 bills...
  • EmphaEmpha Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if art work affects it. That's the only thing that comes to mind that appreciates in value.