Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple feedback and 1 idea!

StrikerBPStrikerBP Posts: 3 New Member
Hi everyone!

I play games for quite a while and I thought to give ideas about things I would like to see in The sims 3. Since I played the first version of that game I thought a calendar would be a must in this type of game. This game is a life simulation and it should have tons of options for the player to chose from to customize their game as they see fit. For exemple, in the Sims 3 we can set the maximum number of days a sim live to 960, this is nice but then why not placing a little window at the end of the slider to let the player change that maximum value and place the slider as a percentage of that value? There is alot more options I would like to see changed for player choices but I think you get the idea of what I mean. Also the censoring of sims when we would see them nude I would put an option for that. These big square put a -50 moodlet on me for 10 real minutes when I see them. :)

Anyway, here is the way I would see the calendar idea. The calendar is diveded into 4 main sections, the 4 seasons. Each season is divided into 3 for months. So we would have our 12 months calendar. Then the player can select any of the month in each season. Months selected would be the ones that the game goes through. The player also have the option to change the number of days in each month and the year of the calendar. So the smaller year you would have is 4 sims days and the longest would be a real year if the months have 1 to 31 days as possible value.

Another thing that the player can customize is hollidays. The player would have the possibility to set any day of the calendar as a holliday. You design a little tool in the game that would let the player design hollidays and add to the sims different behavior on these days through a little window that the player could setup. For example, I want to create christmas. Sims could buy or cut a tree and decorate it, throw a Xmas party of course, sings songs for that holliday, we could even teach our kids these songs so they join in the party, etc etc.

I would see that in an expansion pack like say, a holliday and season expansion pack with of course more items for us to play with. On this I am back to play the game. :)

See you later and happy gaming!

P.S. As far as the game performance and stability I am very satisfied. I only play for a couple days and my longest play session is like 10 hours but I have yet to crash or have any type of issues in that department so I would like to congratulate EA to have launched a game with no or very few bugs. Of course I would have liked to see that game with shader 4 and directx 10 and 64 bits coding but it is at least a step forward from the other versions.

Comments

• Options
    SagexxSagexx Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, I really like the depth and focus of the holiday idea. Making special events for certain days, maybe even setting days off in advance for sims that go to work? Just choose a day and talk to the boss, boom.

Summer and winter breaks, along with a few "Sim holiday" days off. It makes the idea of a Sim world being like the real world greater!

Great concept, Striker. (:
  • Options
    StrikerBPStrikerBP Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Of course, why not include the management of your cumulated vacation days into that expansion . You have a little button that say, set vacation and then you choose on your calander the days you wish to take off. According of course they are in the future amd that you have vacation days. :)