Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited June 2009
    What surprises me about the sim store is that people actually buy from it when fan made stuff is so much better!

Maybe right now while no one knows how to make fan meshes
  • simfreak7321814simfreak7321814 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:
    OP completely fails to take into account one of the main new features of TS3 (and the best imho) and that's the design tool.

Every object that DID come with the game can be completely customized by the user to whatever color, texture, pattern...etc. that they want. This makes each individual object in TS3 a thousand times better than any object ever was in previous sims game because you CAN make it match anywhere.

From a quantity standpoint, there's not all that much less in TS3 as the base TS2 game, and when you take into account the design tool there is MORE, a lot more.

But why fewer individual items people wonder, EA is trying to milk us! Wrong, they probably spent more time on what objects we do have in total than the time spent on objects for TS2. Thinking otherwise is completely failing to realize how much more complex it is to make these objects in TS3, because of that very same design tool I mentioned above.

You got MORE with TS3 base game than you did with TS2 base game, and the only way to think otherwise is to have no idea how much more the complexity of each item is to design and to have no idea how wonderful the design tool is.

(Edited to mention that I do think the Sims franchise itself has been a milk machine for EA for years now...it's just that this is not an example that shows it, I'm quite sure that they invested more $ in labor costs in the items we did get in TS3 than what we got with TS2 because of the increased complexity.)

Stormkeep has a good point, the objects offered are way more complex, and I love the design feature and the fact that it allows you to customize objects in-game.

However, it's nowhere near as cool as it sounds when they only give you an extremely limited amount of objects to do it with.

/signed... i think it's horrible that they are trying to betray one of the largest, most loyal and imho best gaming fanbases there is.

I have been a faithful simmer from day 1, but I don't appreciate being ripped off
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:
    OP completely fails to take into account one of the main new features of TS3 (and the best imho) and that's the design tool.

Every object that DID come with the game can be completely customized by the user to whatever color, texture, pattern...etc. that they want. This makes each individual object in TS3 a thousand times better than any object ever was in previous sims game because you CAN make it match anywhere.

From a quantity standpoint, there's not all that much less in TS3 as the base TS2 game, and when you take into account the design tool there is MORE, a lot more.

But why fewer individual items people wonder, EA is trying to milk us! Wrong, they probably spent more time on what objects we do have in total than the time spent on objects for TS2. Thinking otherwise is completely failing to realize how much more complex it is to make these objects in TS3, because of that very same design tool I mentioned above.

You got MORE with TS3 base game than you did with TS2 base game, and the only way to think otherwise is to have no idea how much more the complexity of each item is to design and to have no idea how wonderful the design tool is.

(Edited to mention that I do think the Sims franchise itself has been a milk machine for EA for years now...it's just that this is not an example that shows it, I'm quite sure that they invested more $ in labor costs in the items we did get in TS3 than what we got with TS2 because of the increased complexity.)

Stormkeep has a good point, the objects offered are way more complex, and I love the design feature and the fact that it allows you to customize objects in-game.

However, it's nowhere near as cool as it sounds when they only give you an extremely limited amount of objects to do it with.

/signed... i think it's horrible that they are trying to betray one of the largest, most loyal and imho best gaming fanbases there is.

I have been a faithful simmer from day 1, but I don't appreciate being ripped off

I agree with you. I have been a fan myself since The Original Sim game came out!
  • cjcanadypetscjcanadypets Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed..............
    Self-published author and Professional Simmer! My books are available on amazon, search C.J. Canady
  • sorrowthedarksorrowthedark Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2009
    signed. come on ea sort it out, just lose the silly store. or at least put the prices down.
  • KeiraSkylerKeiraSkyler Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign Keiraskyler.
  • GJayGJay Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    stick it to ea... google btjunkie and search sims 3 store
  • LilyFlower8604LilyFlower8604 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No need to read posts, saw subject line and am signing on.

/signed

Faithful Simmer since 2000 and "hopefully" counting
  • AngeliqueBeauxAngeliqueBeaux Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed: AngeliqueBeaux

It makes me so mad I could burst :!:
  • Wildflower1416Wildflower1416 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! We already spent a lot of money buying the game base and now having to pay just to put additional items into the game that should have been there begin with is upsetting! Especially when the game base comes with practically nothing. Most of us are very loyal to the sims and probably buy every expansion to every version of the game....cut us a break!!! :twisted:
  • granny52854granny52854 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009

Couldn't agree with you more..everyone. The first few EP's should be free. I didn't even get that "bonus town" promised with registration. Very disappointing for the price..Sorry I bought it.
  • pepperbunbunpepperbunbun Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, the objects available in the store should at least be put into future expansion packs.

Signed pepperbunbun
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Duno if this is the one I signed a few days back, and I'm to lazy to look threw 50 pages to see.... So here is my just in case.

/Sign

The Sims 1 & 2 to my knowledge was released with multiple neighborhoods, the ability to create your own, and tons of content. The Sims 3 was lacking in all IMO. As a gamer I feel as if content that should have been included with the base game was held back to make a buck. Then the prices are ludicrous for digital items, I understand bandwidth cost etc, but come on, this stuff used to be courtesy items that we had been given for free in the past for being part of a community and for buying their base versions, expansions, and stuff packs. This cow has been milked to powder, and with the poor economy it may be some time before it recovers.
  • legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009
    mofurs wrote:
    Duno if this is the one I signed a few days back, and I'm to lazy to look threw 57 pages to see.... So here is my just in case.

/Sign

The Sims 1 & 2 to my knowledge was released with multiple neighborhoods, the ability to create your own, and tons of content. The Sims 3 was lacking in all IMO. As a gamer I feel as if content that should have been included with the base game was held back to make a buck. Then the prices are ludicrous for digital items, I understand bandwidth cost etc, but come on, this stuff used to be courtesy items that we had been given for free in the past for being part of a community and for buying their base versions, expansions, and stuff packs. This cow has been milked to powder, and with the poor economy it may be some time before it recovers.

That 'tons of content' only came in EPs and SPs. The base games of both 1 and 2 did not have very much content.
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That 'tons of content' only came in EPs and SPs. The base games of both 1 and 2 did not have very much content.

I knew someone would say that! To me it seems like there was more included in previous versions of the Sims than there was in the Sims 3, I'm talking about base games and not expansions and stuff packs. This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it, I'm not so neurotic that I am going to install my Sims and Sims 2 to count every single item to be absolutely sure that the Sims 3 has exactly the same or more amount of items and previous series. Nor am I going to post on everyone's comments

it all seems a bit over zealous near troll like to me... Don't hate me cause I'm green! :wink:
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ugh. Hasn't Rakeesh set you guys right, by now? Jesus christ. You can't argue facts, seriously. It's getting a bit annoying reading the same ignorant posts despite the plethora of evidence he puts on the table. What MORE do you want?
  • legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009
    mofurs wrote:

I knew someone would say that! To me it seems like there was more included in previous versions of the Sims than there was in the Sims 3, I'm talking about base games and not expansions and stuff packs. This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it, I'm not so neurotic that I am going to install my Sims and Sims 2 to count every single item to be absolutely sure that the Sims 3 has exactly the same or more amount of items and previous series. Nor am I going to post on everyone's comments

it all seems a bit over zealous near troll like to me... Don't hate me cause I'm green! :wink:

🐸🐸🐸🐸? I'm a troll because I stated a fact? :roll:

And mofurs, I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't matter how it seems to you. Fact is, someone did count the items.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mofurs wrote:

🐸🐸🐸🐸? I'm a troll because I stated a fact? :roll:

And mofurs, I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't matter how it seems to you. Fact is, someone did count the items.

Thank you. :thumbsup: Oh, I was called a troll on this very forum, too.

Are you seeing a trend of ignorant belligerent Simmers vs. well informed Simmers? Yeah, me too. We're called 'trolls' when we get our facts straight, however, those running around wanting a patch for the speed issues are praised as heros.
    :roll:
  • Tweetybird100Tweetybird100 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2009
    DEFINITELY signed and i hope they put more hairstyles in EPs 2 come
  • CrazysimcreatorCrazysimcreator Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well...
    i did already buy stuff. :oops: I guess I'll sign
    /signed by Crazysimcreator
  • CrazysimcreatorCrazysimcreator Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :wink: Wait a minute... I'm on page 52?!?! Oh YEAH!! I love boycotts. :lol:
  • orkneyangelorkneyangel Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree no paying even though my friend bought me some objects in the store but i dont want to pay its so not worth it :thumbdown:

/Signed orkney angel
  • DolittleDolittle Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :evil: I support the closing of the EA store. This is highway robbery and the fans of the SIMS desereve more than this. We are the reason why the SIMS is the top PC game. I will not spend my money buying anything from the EA store. EA is seriously getting greedy.
  • Gambinozz548Gambinozz548 Posts: 383 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah i bought from the ts3 store but only with the free points lol

i'll sign

Gambinoz548 =]
  • ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I saw the 'Is This True?' page... EA is turning criminal to all it's loyal fans.

Yes! We'll sign (3 here playing)
    SIGN...SIGN... SIGN