Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe Ready For Download

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
It's caught me on the hop a little on how easy this was to upload, the last time I uploaded anything to the exchange I was still fighting to get the thing uploaded at 2AM.

Anyway here you go, Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe

Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe

Titlesa.jpg

For anybody who missed the WIP section, this is a fully working base world of the
Champs Les Sims Vaction World, made by EA.

The deluxe version contains many new features

The following buildings & Lots added to the world:-

NEW FEATURES

Big Park
Library
Salon
Diner
Science
Corporate towers
Bookshop
Bistro
Super market
Stadium
School
Factory
Theater
Spa
POLICE
Military base
City hall
Hospital
Consignment store
Pool
Gym
Laundromat
Fire station
Junkyard
Hangout
5 New Residential Starters

10 of the residential lots now contain scooters
Some tree's removed and 4 of EA's flying bushes
New Tree trees added
A new road added to help feature the new buildings
New base game Spawners
New Base Game seeds added
World is fully compressed and decrapified

The world will work like any BASE WORLD, not a vacation world.

Here are some of the pics of the world:-

Screenshot-8-25.jpg

Screenshot-7-24.jpg

Screenshot-6-22.jpg

Screenshot-4-29.jpg

Screenshot-3-33.jpg

Screenshot-73.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3218005

The world was tested and played using Ambitions and World adventures installed.

You can also download the world at the following location for anybody with problems downloading from the exchange:-

Champs Les Sims Base World Deluxe.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?is1s62nq3kh6hdi

Alternatively gh0ul as made a version without extra rabbit holes this version can be downloaded here:-

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/325711.page

Comments

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Reserved

This section is reserved for the Non Deluxe version of the game, coming soon
    edited October 2010
    Reserved

This section is reserved for the CAW files,french Sims, updates and anything else for this world.
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you sooo much Stw! 1 down, 2 to go! ;)

You continually impress me! Great work! :D
    edited October 2010
    Oh, Btw, I had to "Save File"... When I pressed "Add To Game", It appeared in my Launcher. Downloaded majorly quickly, then said its done. I then Went to install. It said Failed. It might just be me. :P
    edited October 2010
    I will test the download now, it very hot of the press.

Just tested it, downloading now, I think it might be something to do with the exchange playing catch up,

File Size 68,2 MB

Taken me about 6 minutes to download
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited October 2010
    Well done Stw402, you are going to be a very popular chap, um, even more popular chap. Anyway, this will make a lot of people very happy.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2010
    OH, wow. :shock:

You took one of EA's expansion worlds, edited for Base game and then put it up on their exchange- I'm absolutely astonished.
  • Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Major accomplishment :mrgreen: ! Good job! Thank you so much for taking the time to figure this out for all simmers to enjoy :D ! You're awesome
    edited October 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    OH, wow. :shock:

You took one of EA's expansion worlds, edited for Base game and then put it up on their exchange- I'm absolutely astonished.

Yeah, This is very risky, BUT, You can only play this world, IF your have WA installed, I assume? :P
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2010
    I've just downloaded and rec'd it. Awesome accomplishment!

I just saw the reserved section for French sims. Ack, now I don't know if I want to start it now or wait for the sims. Decisions, decisions... :lol:

Thank you!
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited October 2010
    It looks so charming, I can hardly wait to check it out. I'll be at a conference first part of next week, but then I've got four whole days to play it! I've always thought this world was lovely.

I doubt EA will care actually since you'll need WA to play it and possibly Ambitions as well.

edited October 2010
    Johnnywr Many thanks mate :mrgreen:

Rflong7 It's something I'm sure many people wish they could have, the vacation area's, like a base world

Ilovethesims7 Many thanks, I do like to work out problems and this was a major headache, worth the sleepless nights.

MrCrumplebottom1 The world does nor breach any more copyright infringement than you uploading a EA lot, I did not remove any files that where in coded format, like they use in the store. It would be very harsh of EA to remove the world, if they do so then I would expect they should also remove all EA stuff that people have uploaded to the exchange. I would Imagine they would take the approach of leaving this alone.

DOLLDRMS1 You always had the Sims later, I will be uploading the vanilla version next which should be on Sunday and the Sim files on Monday, I will have a little search around for all things french and post any links I find.

Clayworld I agree and many thanks :mrgreen:

• cazg1974cazg1974 Posts: 139 Member
    edited October 2010
    What a great job you have done, thanks so much, brilliant work :thumbup:
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited October 2010
    I got to open it up in game and it's wonderful. I'm going to make a self-sim to live there and populate it slowly.
  • RosieH82RosieH82 Posts: 424 New Member
    edited October 2010
    :)thanks for this downloading it now :D
  • Hagfish07Hagfish07 Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2010
    aww, no french music intro, but it still has that camera drift when you first play.

some things i noticed, which are easily fixed, there are some floating trees and most of the unedited world adventures lots' lot names read like EP01:. . . . . just weird names like that.
  • kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited October 2010
    Stw402

Thank You so much for doing this! I downloaded (and recc'd) last night and got a couple of hours this morning to play. This world has reminded me just what I enjoyed about World Adventures (It also makes me frustrated about what EA has subsequently broken with later patches), and that France indeed is a visual treat. I have to say that I like how you have placed the necessary rabbitholes and other buildings needed in a fully functioning world. I personally don't think the library needs a book merchant but I realize that has more to do with personal gameplay mechanics more than anything. I had not realized that the mountains (hills) in France are really different looking than any other EA world. Interesting. I have not noticed any floating trees but I have not been looking for them either. I liked the different starters that you have placed. They are all different enough to give any Simmer enough of a choice in starting. Thank you again for taking the time to do this for us. :mrgreen:

On to observations...My first one was the main reason I wanted to post this. I am beginning to think certain sim families are hard-wired into this world. In the couple of hours I played I hadn't even completed one full sim week. However I have seen two sims that are present in EA's France world. One especially is usually present in one of the adventures (The Duteils, sorry about spelling)offered in WA. I don't know if this will affect your sim save file or not just thought I would pass that along. I suspect that he may even be hard wired to an address. I did not go into to edit town to check yet. I have noticed that the tombs are for the most part fully functioning. However, they do not have all of the loot (for lack of a better word) that are available in EA's version. I am not sure what or how those type spawners work in tombs but there are still lots of things to collect and sell. I have been using testingcheatsenabled :oops: to delete boulders since I don't want to travel quite yet. On that note my adventuring sim is rolling wishes to visit Egypt and China but not France. We'll have to see if this is even possible. Regular spawners (bugs ,seeds, plants, and rocks) are all showing up.

Overall Stw, OUTSTANDING job! I am enjoying this so very much. Keep up the great work!

KD

Edit: wanted to add that the merchants seem to have reverted to home world merchants (not offering France specific stuff) but I have not looked into this in great detail yet. I will get back with you on this.
  • TelamonTelamon Posts: 672 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It's Christmas all over again! ;_;

ILY!
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Stw402,

Great, downloaded and rec'd.

I never take my sims on vacation (apart from once to each world when I first bought WA) but really like Champs Les Sims world so this will be very useful.

regards

starby
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • rae92rae92 Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2010
    I wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

I downloaded it from the exchange and went to add it to my game. My launcher opens and then nothing. It's not on my list of downloaded items and it's not in the game. Why doesn't it work?
    Am I supposed to do something else?

Please help, I really want to play it. I can't wait to finally be able to play Champs Les Sims! I'll never leave it :lol:
  • kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Oh wow this is beautiful! Just what I have been looking for to play. When the WA came out and i first saw france i would have loved to move my sims their permentally and live a happy live in the french country side. Now I can!!!!

ooohh.....i can't wait till Late night comes out, I'd love to make a movie about a wealthy french vampire living in the landgrab mansion and preying on the beautiful ladies of the village. Hehehe
  • kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited October 2010
    okay found a problem outside nof hogan diner....when the sims try to leave out of the back, they seem to get stuck in a large bunch...was kinda creepy lol

Screenshot-18.jpg

I was able to fix it by moving the diner a few spaces forward..and wow! i think half the town was trap there...lol

Screenshot-2-3.jpg
  • redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2010
    I went and took a look behind hogan diner and show and behold., there was sims stuck at the back door..thanks katandrae for posting it so we can fix the problem.. My sims really like this world..
  • kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey all

1st, many thanks to katandrae, I too had most of the town piled on top of each other at the back of Hogan's Diner. I just followed her advice and it wasn't a problem anymore. The next sim night I sent my sim there to make sure and didn't have a problem. :D

Which leads me to my next subject. Is anyone have a stuttering issue AFTER fixing the Hogan's Diner issue?. I am still getting the stuttering (that accompanies most pathing problems in any of the sims 3 games) but I cannot find the problem. Has anyone else experienced this? This world is a visual treat but I cannot play with constant stuttering (by this I mean jerking, jumping, and skipping around). I am going to play for a couple of more sim days and see if the issue resolves itself. If not then I will try a reinstall. I am curious if anyone else is having this issue. On a similar not has anyone tried travelling to any of the other WA destinations? I have not gotten to this point due to other issue mentioned. Playing this world has re-whet my desire to play WA.

Stw, I still think that this world is positively lovely and that you have kept its integrity intact. BTW, I have found two to three families that normally show up in WA-France. They are not in the same houses but I still think they are tied to the adventures.

Hope everything is going well!
    KD
  • sadie7684sadie7684 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have wanted Champs Les Sims as a playable world forever, thank you so much!