Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

France Deluxe WIP

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
This is a french town from world adventures made into a Base World, fully playable, it will be coming soon.

Key Features

The world will be edited to include base game rabbit holes
It will be a fully functional base world

Screenshot-19-12.jpg

Screenshot-20-13.jpg

Screenshot-18-10.jpg

Screenshot-17-9.jpg

Screenshot-16-16.jpg

WARNING

This is still in testing, but I'm 95% sure this world will work, I've more or less finished the game play checks, I'm about to add the rabbit holes, it will be downloadable at some point next week.

The world will not contain any of the Sims from the world adventures, it would cause duplicate problems when you went on holiday to France.

Depending on what happens with this world, China and Egypt Delux base worlds will follow

On a side note from all of this, I've also pulled out a file that what seem to makes a world, a vacation world. I will be doing some more test into this, but it looks like it will be possible to make vacation worlds, more info to follow about this when I've completed the tests into this.

Comments

• MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited October 2010
    FINALLY! I gave up after tearing all my hair out! I got everything working, removed all the Sims, changed all the lot types (mostly residential), exported, and it never showed up in game. :P

Well done! :D
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2010
    This is exciting news! I know I'll test France when it's available.

Hope you have figured out how to do a vacation world, just for the sake of knowing how it's done. I love to read about breakthroughs in modding :)
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited October 2010
    That's fantastic! It would make such a lovely base world.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2010
    Awesome! Great job as always Stw. 3dmondieu2.gif
  • MercuriaMercuria Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Woot! You are a marvel. Excellent, excellent job! :D

Very exciting news about the vacation file, too. This could open up a whole new realm of possibilities...
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited October 2010
    MrCrumplebottom1 - I'm surprised I've got any hair left, I'm going be honest with you the process to do this is very messy and very time consuming. I'm trying to work out a faster way of doing this. I now you have some experience using s3pe, so the offending little file is:-

Drum roll please

S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN

Now for the bit I reveal what is on that file, get ready to bang your head against the wall:-

Yes that it, I will do it again just it case you missed it:-

Over 4700 files in France, I was hoping for some major code and having to spend hours and hours to understand binary files.

That's only half the battle, you need to able to rebuild the world in CAW, remove the Sim and in the end crash CAW to get the save to work. When you have done all that, you can start to replace the lots and layers back into the secondary world file. Then you need to remove the layers from the overridden file. Then your good to go, just the small matter of making the world a base world.

I hope to upload a base version of the world with the deluxe version, it will probable easier than doing a guide.

I can confirm that the file S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN when attached to a installed world, it will convert the world into a holiday world, I've just visited a player made world using that file, ingame. Any world can be converted into a holiday world, including already downloaded worlds. :mrgreen:
    You even get adventures and you can purchase adventure objects.

I will do a full step by step tutorial for this very soon.

DOLLDRMS1- The world will be ready soonish, the extra lots, I'm adding are nothing to special, so you will have little test this time, it a great world to play thou, simple and fast.

Clayworld- I agree, my favorite vacation spot

DarkMirage- Many thanks :mrgreen:

Mercuria- I agree again the vacation file is a massive bonus in this.

Ok here are some more pics of France deluxe

TS3SP022010-10-0323-54-17-81.jpg

TS3SP022010-10-0323-42-44-26.jpg

TS3SP022010-10-0323-42-07-04.jpg

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited October 2010
    what a beautiful world, great work :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Hagfish07Hagfish07 Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2010
    does the french music also play in the world?
    edited October 2010
    Stw402 wrote:

I can confirm that the file S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN when attached to a installed world, it will convert the world into a holiday world, I've just visited a player made world using that file, ingame. Any world can be converted into a holiday world, including already downloaded worlds. :mrgreen:
    You even get adventures and you can purchase adventure objects.

Mercuria- I agree again the vacation file is a massive bonus in this

Custom worlds as vacation spots! That's quite a break through.
  • Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited October 2010
    You're my hero :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: !!! What a breakthrough! Great Job :D
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow Stw402! :shock: It looks so Beautiful! Great job as always! :thumbup:

Tre bien; Bravo! :D
  • juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, this is fantastic news!

I can't wait to see more of this project :D
    edited October 2010
    maria_loves_alex - Credit to EA also, many thanks :D

Hagfish07 - Do you know, I've not had the sound switched on :oops: , I will check for you next time I get to load in the game, currently in work.

Clayworld - I agree, It will be nice to mix and match a few saved games with different worlds

Ilovethesims7 - Many thanks :mrgreen:

juelle_lou - Muchas gracias, I hope to have the world completed soon.

• RosieH82RosieH82 Posts: 424 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I think I love you :oops: lol OMG thanks so much actually will be able to play a country close to home!!

p.s If you need any testing I'll happily help out :D:D
  • rae92rae92 Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2010
    Judging by the rest of the comments, I'm clearly not the only one who is completely in your debt!
    I've wanted this for months :D

Thank you!! And well done, you've made a lot of people happy.

I can't wait :)
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2010
    Does this mean Al Simhara and Shang Simla are also accessible to this too...? :shock:
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey Stw!
    I was wondering where you've been, but it seems you've had your head stuck in the inner workings of world files. :lol:

This is really cool, you're going to be every bodies best friend when you upload this! :mrgreen:

• TelamonTelamon Posts: 672 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I love you. Will you marry me?
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2010
    Telamon wrote:
    I love you. Will you marry me?

ROFL !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited October 2010
    :lol: My wife says, I'm not allowed to marry anybody else, but many thanks for asking :lol: .

Just a update:-

This is a little about what I will be uploading, the deluxe version will be a compatible base world, so it will contain base game spawners, new lots that will include starter lots, Rabbit holes, everything that make the world a base world, it will also contain hidden keys to unlock the tombs, the base camp will be removed, townie house's will be made to residential house's.

The other version will be a vanilla version, which will be a copy of the original world, you can edit this world any way you like.

The last version for more advanced users, the CAW Files, complete with the INI files to make the world work, so you can build your own France world.

The uploads of the two worlds and the CAW files, you should see by the end of the week.

The China and Egypt worlds, I do plan to make them, but I will be finishing my current project first (Sand Point World), so it will be a good 2 months before you see a deluxe version of them worlds.

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2010
    The deluxe version sounds awesome. You have really gone the extra mile with providing starter lots, spawners and keys for the tombs. I'm looking forward to downloading it more than ever! Thanks, Stw!
    edited October 2010
    Many thanks DD. :mrgreen:

Just a quick update, the world is more or less completed, I've still got to add a few base game spawners, which will be a little less than a normal base world, due to this world already having spawners.

I did not go over the top with the new Rabbit Holes, they are small and light on objects, the world already contains 60 lots and I wanted to keep the loading times down for this world.

The initial play testing I've done, the world plays amazing, it's perfect for the player who likes adventure, mixed with a little style.

I've added scooters to some house's, to help the world gain that french feeling, you will see the french Sims driving around on scooters.

Still on target for a weekend release:-

Screenshot-9-22.jpg

Screenshot-3-33.jpg

Screenshot-2-41.jpg

Screenshot-73.jpg

edited October 2010
    It looks fantastic. I am so looking forward to playing this as a base hood.
  • Hagfish07Hagfish07 Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2010
    for the vanilla version, will the distant terrain show without WA?
  • Miss_kitty7Miss_kitty7 Posts: 914 New Member
    edited October 2010
    wow:shock: great job! :mrgreen: