Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Professional Sim Gamers?

Soo, I'm looking for someone who absolutely positvely LOVES sims and knows everything about it, as far as:
*downloading items that DONT carry viruses
*graphics and performance in the game
*and overall fun !

Comments

• WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited September 2010
    Lol, I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I'm somewhere between proficient and experienced in pretty much everything except creating custom content, Create-A-World, and Create-A-Pattern. I've been simming for almost eight years now. :? :XD:

I guess it depends; what do you need?
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so....
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    Docsprock wrote:
    :lol:
    YShQCz1.png
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    edited September 2010
    WoWLynnia wrote:
    Lol, I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I'm somewhere between proficient and experienced in pretty much everything except creating custom content, Create-A-World, and Create-A-Pattern. I've been simming for almost eight years now. :? :XD:

Perfect. Do you have yahoo messanger or MSN ?
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited September 2010
    WoWLynnia wrote:

If you have a question about the game you should ask it here.
    Asking for people's personal contact info is a no-no.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • JorizorianJorizorian Posts: 936
    edited September 2010
    Docsprock wrote:

huh?
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited September 2010
    Jorizorian wrote:
    Docsprock wrote:

huh?

It's a joke about a commercial for Holiday Inn Express. The basic theme is some guy doing amazing things then people asking "Are you a doctor/superhero/whatever?" and the response is "No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!".

some examples:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited September 2010
    I like to think i know everything and anything about sims :D I played it since the orginal sims came out
    edited September 2010
    Ok, how do I know how much memory I already have on my computer and what is the max i can add to play the sims 3?
  • XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited September 2010
    Go to start/control panel/system. You can see how much memory(RAM)
    is on your computer. The sims 3 only uses 2gbs but you can patch it to use
    more if you have at least 3gbs on your computer.
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2010
    I've been simming from the beginning. The only thing I can't do it CAW.

To answer your question, click on the start button, then search for "dxdiag". Run it. That will answer the first part of your question. As for the second part, most older desktops cannot be upped in RAM. It will be listed on the manufacturers website as "Expandable to..."
  • XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited September 2010

To answer your question, click on the start button, then search for "dxdiag". Run it. That will answer the first part of your question. As for the second part, most older desktops cannot be upped in RAM. It will be listed on the manufacturers website as "Expandable to..."

You do not need the dxdiag to see how much ram is on your system. It is much
    easier to just go to "system" and it is there. :wink:
  • WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited September 2010
    Zolt65 wrote:
    WoWLynnia wrote:

If you have a question about the game you should ask it here.
    Asking for people's personal contact info is a no-no.

This ;) Although if you don't feel like me a asking a particular question here on the forums, you can redirect it to my blog.

The others already gave adequate answers as far as your computer's memory goes. As hippie said, go to My Computer and click on System Properties. It will be listed there as how much installed memory (RAM) you have. There is no maximum for the Sims 3; however, your computer will have a maximum as to how much it can be upgraded to. With Windows XP, you need a minimum of 1 GB RAM. With Vista, Windows 7, or a MAC, you need a minimum of 2 GB RAM. Your computer's maximum is determined by how old it is and whether it is a laptop or a desktop. I don't know about other computer manufacturers, but if you have a Dell, their website will do a scan of your computer to tell you what hardware is compatible/what upgrades you can get. Other manufacturers will probably have something similar, or you can always call their customer service line to inquire as to how to go about purchasing and upgrading your RAM. It's possible that your computer already has the maximum amount of RAM that it was built to hold, though.
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2010

You do not need the dxdiag to see how much ram is on your system. It is much
    easier to just go to "system" and it is there. :wink:

I knew that. *shifty eyes* :lol:
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey simlicious2015,
    I haven't been on YIM in a while been busy and not feeling all that great. What are you needing help with exactly? I got a little bit of time but I have to leave again. Do you need me to log on now?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    edited September 2010
    ok now i definately know if i play the game i cant run them on high settings or the game will be lagging...
    does anyone know how much it will cost to install more memory on my desktop computer and a graphics card?
    edited September 2010
    ok now i definately know if i play the game i cant run them on high settings or the game will be lagging...
    does anyone know how much it will cost to install more memory on my desktop computer and a graphics card?
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited October 2010
    That is something you will have to determine based on your set up. You can try posting your DxDiag in Technical to see if you'll get an answer there. If you can upgrade the graphics card you will need to update other hardware as well (i.e. power supply), and that's only if your rig will be able to handle it.

Also, you'll also need to see the list of cards listed here to make sure that whatever card you choose is supported. I'll find the link to the cards then I will edit my post with the link.

Edit:
    Here is the link to the master help thread in Technical.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/3714.page

I checked and couldn't find a link for the graphics card. If you search for graphic cards using the help link in the top navigation, it will give you the system requirements for the base game, ep or sp. I know you're using Windows OS, so find the game you have and it will list the cards. If you want the latest and greatest search for the latest ep/sp. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).