Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STOP COMPLAINING!!! The Game is Just Fine

Comments

• StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2009
    Jzend001 wrote:
    i dont understand why people hang out on the forums if their games are working and they love it so much.

My game works excellent on my computer and I do love it but I come on here because in the middle of everyone arguing or just not liking the game, there are some people who need answers or want help within the game and I like to provide that. If I need answers I post them and hope that someone like me who isn't going to shoot down the game will kindly answer my questions
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with you for the most part, even though I am not completely satisfied with the game myself. Here are a couple things I don't like...

- Why can't we enter community lots? It makes me miss TS2.
    - It takes a long time for Sims to become friends/fall in love/get married, etc.
    - My Sim keeps randomly disappearing and reappearing. :shock:
    - I don't like the idea that if I go to play another household, the game controls my other Sims without me wanting it to, even when the setting to allow it is off.

I believe that is all. Then again, we have to give EA time to realize what we don't like about the game, and to come up with patches and such to resolve the issues. Then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and since they paid good money to buy the game, they should be able to post their opinions and concerns as well, even if not everyone approves or likes what they have to say.
  • SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Liltab1121 wrote:
    Sunfighter wrote:
    I dont know why you think people have to lock step behind EA. The game is good, but it does have issues. Ignoring them and telling people to shut up is kinda annoying.

Nope, whats annoying is trying to look on forums for friendly Sims 3 people and all i see is babies.

Having problems and talking aboutt them, yes, that is a good thing.

But if you computer can't run the game, please, lets not blame the developers.

Why do humans not eat wood? becasue we can't handle it, why shouldn't you play the sims 3? because you computer cant handle it...

I think its jsut funny how people are so quick to blame EA and never once think its their belongings that may be causing the problem :?: :?: :?:

Q9550 @ 3.6GHZ
    4870 1GB
    4GB DDR2 1066MHZ RAM
    500 + 750GB HDDs (32MB Cache @ 7200RPM)
    750Watt PSU

You'd think with my set up I could run the sims 3 just fine. Not really, I have to turn off adaptive aliasing, which in turn makes the edges on models jagged. The game doesn't lag at all, however there are "hiccups" when moving around the neighborhood. Also the locked refresh rate (vsync) doesn't work a **** bit. I see constant tearing when moving the camera around.

Lets not even mention the countless bugs people who ARE running the game are having. Long story short? I love the game and I've been enjoying it now that everything is working properly, except for the jagged edges. However sitting there saying "Oh nah nah nah, it's your POS computer, not the developer" when a majority of it IS the developers and they had 4, yes 4 extra months to work on it after pushing it back in Feb, I don't think it's fine to sit there and just take it and pretend nothing ever happened.

I will say this, it's a great game, once patches come out and then on top of it we get expansions, everyone will calm down. And no, just for the little trolls out there I wasn't BSing. Those are my real PC specs and I built it myself.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_0cef80f24fd4ee9cef8bea2c54bc4261.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_42ee41048515324747646d635318cfa7.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/124/l_ebe7f78463513a370321aa851d2507d7.jpg
  • lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love how people are complaining about people complaining.

I for one, am now complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining.

(+1)
  • charliesgreat16charliesgreat16 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree that the game is just fine. Maybe there are a few moments when it is slow but that's on my computer, not EA.

F everybody who complains too much. You bought it, you dip head.
  • Bren88Bren88 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes Yes, and YES ! PEOPLE DONT PLAY THE GAME IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BUT QUIT USING THE BBS JUST TO B*TCH , HONESTLY DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE CARE !
  • SimleonLegendSimleonLegend Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    jbt_1234 wrote:
    Here are my issues.
    1. People complaining about graphics-
    THEY ARE FINE!!!!!!!!!! It is YOUR graphics card, not EA.
    Umm...I have graphical issues and it isn't my graphics card. I see most of the graphical issues happen with ATI users. See a bias there? EA does it again.
  • Maggie_M_HMaggie_M_H Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't experienced any bugs so far so im not sure what you all are talking about. i will say that for probably more than half the people that are complaining its not EA its their computer. But I dont know.

Im disappointed in community centers and the lack of objects. That's pretty much it though and honestly, if i went back to TS2 and played JUST the base game i'd probably feel the same way if not less pleased than i am with TS3. So hopefully their EP's will be pretty **** good.
  • retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! At first I was upset b/c I could not play my game. But then I just calmed down and was like "hey the graphics thing is my prob". So I am just selling my computer and getting a new one. I needed an updated computer anyhow. I mean. What little of the game I have played is amazing. I cannot wait until tomorrow when I can jump back in the game. (I am getting my super sweet computer tomorrow)
  • jbt_1234jbt_1234 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    JamieK wrote:
    Everyone has a right to complain, its one of the priviliges that humans have, but you also have a right to complain and have your own opinion, so don't take away anyone elses' right to complain.

I'm not taking their right to complain. I'm just using that right to complain about them.
    edited June 2009
    jbt_1234 wrote:
    Here are my issues.
    1. People complaining about graphics-
    THEY ARE FINE!!!!!!!!!! It is YOUR graphics card, not EA.
    Umm...I have graphical issues and it isn't my graphics card. I see most of the graphical issues happen with ATI users. See a bias there? EA does it again.

It isn't bias, it's true. I have ATI and the graphics are awesome.
    edited June 2009
    Quit being a hypocrit and calling all of us out. You can't judge us based on OUR situations, until you are in all of our shoes having problems that you have no idea how to fix, you have a game that works, instead of telling all of us to shut it, go be happy and play your game and let us vent with eachother. Thanks.

But i'm not directly blaming you. I feel sorry for you but not for the people that blame EA for THEIR problems.
  • zuly2uzuly2u Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Or! we could all stop complaining...about people complaining?
  • SimmerOfSimsSimmerOfSims Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can't stop people complaining just because you like the game.
  • Plethora22Plethora22 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Might I ask where I should complain if I want a chance (albeit a very slim chance) to tell the developers that I do not like the fact that they took out one of my very favorite features about the sims franchise (and either because I didn't read enough or because they never said anything, I didn't know it until after I paid for the game)?
  • AmylrAmylr Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is just my personal, simple opinion, but wouldn't it be wise to create a game that most computers can handle? Let's face it, a large amount of people who have played previous versions of The Sims do not own high-quality gaming computers, many of which can cost thousands of dollars. EA, being focused largely on profit like any other corporation, should want to aim their sales on the mass majority in order to gain the most profit, no?

But then again, I could just be a bit bitter over the abrupt shut down of The Sims Online. :cry:
  • peacetreaty49peacetreaty49 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sirenia wrote:
    I can complain if I want especially when the game likes to crash randomly on me.

My game did that too. I uninstalled one TS2 Expansion to free up some disk space and have been checking that my laptop hasn't been getting too hot. The game has not crashed since. People can't come on here to complain about things that are their own fault,without expecting to look very ignorant.
  • maddiebellamaddiebella Posts: 392 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lysha wrote:
    Actually its full of bugs and glitches.
    its a base game, wth do you expect?

edit:
    and may i add they havent even release a patch so i think people should just calm the f down lol
  • tifferoo004tifferoo004 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    people have the right to complain / state their concerns since we ALL did pay $50+ bucks...
  • FreakzillaFreakzilla Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No, it's NOT fine.

Actually it's a pretty big step backwards.
    TS2 is better than this.

I know TS2 wasn't all that great either when the basegame first came out, but CC made it the best game ever.

If TS3 was completely customizable and moddable, I would like it, since there would at least be hope. But EA doesn't even provide us with a bodyshop, all we got was a ****** style creator.
    edited June 2009
    people have the right to complain / state their concerns since we ALL did pay $50+ bucks...
    lol and most complaints are about how slow the game is. thats because they dont meet the requirements of either hd space, ram, or graphics. and that technically is their own fault for not reading the back before they bought it.
    edited June 2009
    Freakzilla wrote:
    I know TS2 wasn't all that great either when the basegame first came out, but CC made it the best game ever.

If TS3 was completely customizable and moddable, I would like it, since there would at least be hope. But EA doesn't even provide us with a bodyshop, all we got was a ****** style creator.

lol thanks you totally proved my point on how everyone relied on cc to make ts2 amazing.
  • Plethora22Plethora22 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lysha wrote:

edit:
    and may i add they havent even release a patch so i think people should just calm the f down lol

Ya know, as a (admittedly smalltime) game developer myself, I hate that this has become the standard.

Look at a company like Blizzard. Whatever you may/may not think about any of their games, they have never released a game that wasn't finished. I find it a wonder that more companies haven't copied their business model, not only because of the immense loyalty among their fans and critical acclaim that is a routine with their games, but because they are ALSO among the most FINANCIALLY successful companies out there.
    edited June 2009
    Plethora22 wrote:
    lysha wrote:

edit:

Ya know, as a (admittedly smalltime) game developer myself, I hate that this has become the standard.

Look at a company like Blizzard. Whatever you may/may not think about any of their games, they have never released a game that wasn't finished. I find it a wonder that more companies haven't copied their business model, not only because of the immense loyalty among their fans and critical acclaim that is a routine with their games, but because they are ALSO among the most FINANCIALLY successful companies out there.

woo huzzah for blizzard. tbh id rather play world of warcraft than the sims.
    :/
  • tifferoo004tifferoo004 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol and most complaints are about how slow the game is. thats because they dont meet the requirements of either hd space, ram, or graphics. and that technically is their own fault for not reading the back before they bought it.

actually, my main complaint is how my toddlers keep disappearing. it has nothing to do with how my game runs because it's very fast.