Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing Active Household Sucks

When I changed my active household a message comes up that you will lose your wishes in that household.Fair enough. The thing is though when I went back to my original house all their stuff in their inventory was gone. All the fruits and vegies some of which were perfect, Moodlet Manager 60,000 or so points, Collection Helper 40,000 points to collect. Not Happy, Not Happy at all! It took a long time to get them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• HappySimmingHappySimming Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    This happened to me too! I lost my Collection Helper too as well as lots of $$$ in gems and such. I could cry!
  • Grobanite113Grobanite113 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I seriously don't know why we can't just switch households like we did in The Sims 2. I assumed we'd have that capability when we got TS3.

So sorry about your losses! :(
  • DazdnConfusedDazdnConfused Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the reply, so I'm not the only one. Now I know not to do that again.
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2009
    I lost a million bucks worth of paintings from the inventory loss.

Seriously, a million bucks. :cry:
  • ilovegodilovegod Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know what you mean it would be nice go from one faimly to the next without lossing....!!! anything o you think ea plan it that way are is is a glic in the game just like all game there are bugs but i don't like this i want play out my sims it much fun make them grow in thiers life :cry: (help ea)simmmer
  • RileyHeart_81RileyHeart_81 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This happened to me too! It sucks! I'm sorry that it happened to you as well! Hopefully they will fix this with the patch (if they ever come out with it).
  • bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I doubt EA will fix the problem, but some kind simmer did, I use the awesomemod and it takes care of your inventory, wishes, moodlets, everything, so they are ther when you come back.
  • NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited June 2009
    awesomemod prevents this crap from happening to me, tis a glorious day to a. rub your nose in it or b. share... I vote share, simply because gloating is a funny word, no really, I'm giggling my butt off
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited June 2009
    bethekins wrote:
    I doubt EA will fix the problem, but some kind simmer did, I use the awesomemod and it takes care of your inventory, wishes, moodlets, everything, so they are ther when you come back.

If Pescado can fix it, then why cant EA? I mean seriously..... one guy without EA's budget can fix a MAJOR flaw in the game.

But then this is the same guy that came up with notownieregen, so good even EA had a look at it.
  • TuckersGirlTuckersGirl Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2009
    Has this happened to everyone?! =/ That really sucks because I have switched a ton of households.. But I haven't played the same household twice yet...

Do they lose all the things they earned from lifetime rewards? Like steel bladder?
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    I lost a million bucks worth of paintings from the inventory loss.

Seriously, a million bucks. :cry:
    I have taken action! and you enjoyed it ;)
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with the OP. IF EA's executives had ever played the game they'd know this plan was a bad one.

People like to be able to play more than one family and it shouldn't be such a hassle.

Alot of stuff in Sims 3 was poorly thought out. It's supposed to be fun to play not a headache.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, a lot of people have reported having that problem. The only solution aside from a mod is taking the stuff out before switching houses.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BattsknoxBattsknox Posts: 1,133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is why AwesomeMod is well...AWESOME! I have no problem with story progression, gives the game spice. But the inventory thing was a BUMMER.
    EA should REALLY hire Pescado..They should have YEARS ago. :wink:
  • playerland40playerland40 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bethekins wrote:

And where can this awesomemod be obtained? 8)
  • hlsapershlsapers Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd be interested in this AwesomeMod as well. As it is, I'm playing 4 households, but they are saved as separate games. I wish we could just load whatever town we wanted and play any of our households.
  • stylinkoolkatstylinkoolkat Posts: 522 New Member
    edited June 2009
    edited June 2009
    edited June 2009
    Oops, sry about the two posts. :lol:
  • AyaBabeAyaBabe Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes........WHERE???
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited June 2009
    When I changed my active household a message comes up that you will lose your wishes in that household.Fair enough. The thing is though when I went back to my original house all their stuff in their inventory was gone. All the fruits and vegies some of which were perfect, Moodlet Manager 60,000 or so points, Collection Helper 40,000 points to collect. Not Happy, Not Happy at all! It took a long time to get them. Has anyone else had this problem?

This happened to me too. And beside loosing their inventory and aspiration rewards my Sim lost her ability to to grow eggs, cheese and meat!!! :thumbdown:
    edited June 2009
  • J0DLiJ0DLi Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I changed households once and all that **** happened to me too. Now I'm playing only one and it's getting quite boring. I understand the wishes thingy but inventroy? COME ON! If they intended for this to happen they should at least figure out a way to empty it in a simple manner. I think I've tried just about everything any haven't found a simple way yet. I'm NOT moving 166 limes to the fridge one by one. :evil:
  • aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I definitely found this out the hard way, when I changed households then returned only to find my 200+ stash of life fruit had gone missing. :( Then I got awesomemod and all was right with the world.

I honestly hope things like this get fixed whenever a patch comes out. It's sad when you have to rely on modders for something as simple as the ability to keep static family inventories.
  • carollsimcarollsim Posts: 238 Member
    edited June 2009
    I never use it.
    I just start a new town per family :)
    Silly but i'm to scared to try this change active household thing.
    IMG_6942_zpsdeuypb14.jpg
    Mr Basil and Ms Ivy now on facebook