March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Legacy Blogs

Comments

• ToribevToribev Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey pb1285n

I'm going to sign up on your site, using same username as I have here to keep things sane lol

I'm a litle confused about the transfer/import/export your blog to the site.

I know earlier you had asked if we wanted subdomains and what the legacy name we would use would be. mine is The Newton Legacy so it would be thenewtonlegacy

Anyways, I'll sign up now and sort the rest later.
  • MiniieMiniie Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys! I hope you liked Chapter Three of my Legacy. It was by far my favourite one to write thus far.

A little concerned that Marylee moved too fast with Christopher (I'm all for waiting for years before "woohooing", but I guess since Sims age a thousand times faster than we do, a week is more like a year, anyway, haha. :P )

Anyway, I read yours Miniie, and loved it. So far, Miniie's is the only one I'm reading, but I want to start reading some more soon.

Also, what is this said website people are moving their blogs to? I don't think I'll be moving my blog there. I think mine is finally exactly the way I want it, and don't want to change it, but I may want to make an account and hang out there anyway, since it seems to be getting so popular.

Anyway, I'm off to play the next week with Marylee so I can make another update to my Legacy Story. ;)

I just finished reading chapter 3, and i loved it. I'm starting to get attached to Marylee. At first, i thought she was just a snob. Once you get to know more about her background and why she is the way she is.. You kind of warm up to her.

I know what you mean about the woohoo thing. I didn't want to make it seem like everything was happening so fast in my story like, "I met Hal. I got married the same day. Oh i got gave birth to his child 3 days later".
    In my story i tried to make it seem like they were dating for a while before they got married. I also said they were married for a year before they had the kids lol.

It doesn't matter though, We all understand that its because the sims age so fast and we've only got a limited amount of time to get a heir. Besides, it forces you to come up with some reason as to why it happened the way it did. I think that makes it much more interesting. lol
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ugh, I'm having so much trouble with adding pages to my blog. I want three pages. One for the actual Legacy Story, one for links to other Legacy Stories and another for the Charm family tree (so people can keep track of who's who).

I can create the pages fine, but there's no tabs at the top of my blog with the different pages when I create them. For example, I created another page and then clicked View Page and the page showed up fine, but I couldn't see a way for me to link to my main story, unless I scrolled down to Recent Posts and picked one from my main story.

There's no way at all to get to my other page from my main story page.

I'm using Wordpress for the first time and although I like it, I'm kind of stumbling my way through how to do everything.

EDIT: To Miniie:

Yeah, I mean you only get 20 days or so to build a house from the ground up without any cheats, find a spouse and have a child before your sim turns into an adult. You kind of have to rush things along to get everything done.

Yeah, I wanted a character with some depth. At first, she seems like a snobby 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but when you find out why she acts that way, you actually feel sorry for her. Plus, she has a very kind and sweet side that gets brought out around Christopher. She acts pretentious and rude, but she's really just afraid of being hurt again.
  • funkyfreshhfunkyfreshh Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009
    haha so many people have second generation christopher offspring.
  • flaeyrflaeyr Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    http://flaeyr.wordpress.com/

I just made it tonight but I am way into the story and just need to piece everything together before posting the rest. I should have most of it caught up by tonight so check back tomorrow!

If you could add my blog to the list, that would be fantastic. Thanks!
  • SerinValSerinVal Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ugh, I'm having so much trouble with adding pages to my blog. I want three pages. One for the actual Legacy Story, one for links to other Legacy Stories and another for the Charm family tree (so people can keep track of who's who).

I can create the pages fine, but there's no tabs at the top of my blog with the different pages when I create them. For example, I created another page and then clicked View Page and the page showed up fine, but I couldn't see a way for me to link to my main story, unless I scrolled down to Recent Posts and picked one from my main story.

There's no way at all to get to my other page from my main story page.

I'm using Wordpress for the first time and although I like it, I'm kind of stumbling my way through how to do everything.

Its probably the theme that you are using. Its probably not made to have the pages in tabs. If you go into widgets, there is a pages widget in which you can add to your sidebar. That will show all your pages.
  • shboogiesshboogies Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2009
    Chapter 1 of my Carlisle Legacy is up, enjoy!

http://carlislelegacy.blogspot.com/
  • annavanheussannavanheuss Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2009
    I started the Cotton Legacy today with my newly made Annie Cotton. She has moved into the correct lot in Riverview. Her house consists of a bathroom with only a toilet and sink at the moment. She showers at the gym and has finally stepped up from sleeping on park benches to a real live bed. She has been eating the stuff out of the common garden and she has a part time job at the grocery so she has plenty of free time to garden and look for Mr. Right. She has met a Sim named Rainer Kowling that she seems to have hit it off well with. They met at the gym and I haven't been able to find out much about him so far so we shall see. He is single and she talked about family and got no negative reactions so he may be the one. They are both natural cooks so that is good.
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks SerinVal! :)

Funkyfreshh, that's probably because Christopher is the only single guy in the whole town who isn't rich and doesn't have any bad traits.

Also... Christopher's my boyfriend's name and he shares almost all of the Sim-Christopher's traits in real life. His character is loosely based on my boyfriend's in my story. ;)
  • JemllJemll Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I couldn't post on the Hilton blog so I just wanted to say here that the story is hilarious and I look forward to further chapters! Good job! :)
    edited June 2009
    xXAngelicEvilXx: LMAO. I love the way you put the pictures. I was laughing so hard when it was switching from the character panicking about the burglar to Buck sleeping ahaha. Also, when buck was panicking in the background.

Did you plan on twins or did it just happen? I was pretty upset when i had twins. I'm broke as hell! ;-; I had one window in the whole house. I tried to sell the easel to see if i had enough to buy a crib, but i ended up having to sell the window anyway to buy another crib. *sob. The window!!!! ;-;

Ashleigh825: Yeah, i had the same problem and it turned out that it was the theme. :/ I also tried to add a family tree page, but wordpress was giving me a hard time. It looked rather.. Meh. I think i'm just going to have to photoshop a family tree or something. Ugh.
    I'm so lazy.
    edited June 2009

Funkyfreshh, that's probably because Christopher is the only single guy in the whole town who isn't rich and doesn't have any bad traits.

Also... Christopher's my boyfriend's name and he shares almost all of the Sim-Christopher's traits in real life. His character is loosely based on my boyfriend's in my story. ;)

haha i just ran into him fishing. he was the first guy i met that wasn't a teenager.
    and that's cool
  • crazyformy2girlscrazyformy2girls Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great idea!

I just started posting about my legacy tonight.

Here is a link to mine:

http://therobertslegacy.blogspot.com/

Thanks for doing this! Can't wait to read everyone elses.
  • NFMFBNFMFB Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Here is mine. http://smithlegacy.blog.com/

Just made it. I'll add more tomorrow.

(The Smith Legacy)
    edited June 2009

haha i just ran into him fishing. he was the first guy i met that wasn't a teenager.
    and that's cool

He wasn't in riverview. I found quite a bit of guys in river view, and single too! Sherman Bagley was perfect, but he was rich. The others just had really bad traits. UGH! I almost married buck, but i'm glad i didn't lol.
  • mambogambomambogambo Posts: 205 New Member
    edited June 2009
    G'day all!

I've put mine up as a story here: http://au.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=36515

There's a bit more info in my blog. This is my first legacy, first normal aged play, first time I haven't used motherlode and first attempt at creating a story.

I'll make sure all of the scoring bizzo is blogged asap and regularly thereafter.

Hope you like it. I'm trying to read as many of the ones here as I can also.

Cheers
    edited June 2009

Everyone, please read the announcement on the first post.

Hehe, bolding so people won't miss my post.

Also, onto updating the story list now. Boy this is getting really long.
  • orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal: nvm.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    I updated my Lords Legacy http://enkeli63.wordpress.com/

I'm playing the Long lifespan and I have 2 points so far. The family finally has painted walls around 5 rooms in their house and flooring throughout 8) But they have piles of fancy cut gemstones and stacks of gold bars to raise their moods with the "Beautifully Decorated" moodlet in their main living spaces.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • siminganonsiminganon Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    http://ashfords.wordpress.com/

Mine.. I hope someone will read it.
  • badtothebone322badtothebone322 Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited June 2009
    here's the great story!!
    http://florezfamilylegacy.webs.com/
    FamilyPortrait1.png
    Click my signature to check out my TS4 legacy challenge!
    edited June 2009
    @ BLUECHAN
    whenever you see this
    go to my blog --> click generation 1 part 2 tab --> go to the 13th picture
    bwhahahahasdlfkhsd
    haha
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    Man I'd never have the time to do a legacy so kudos to all you folks.
    edited June 2009
    All 31 legacies added to the list.

@_@

x_x

My brain is now dead after doing all that.
  • flaeyrflaeyr Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can you add updated June 24th on mine? Thanks