Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tombstone Opportunity

I'm really confused about dead sims and their graves. My sim has an Opportunity to take the tombstone of a loved one to the Science Center for a reward. Does anyone know if it really has to be a loved one or if it could just be any old person? A couple sims have died on my lot from old age and their urns stay in my house for a few sim minutes but then they disappear. Does anyone know where to? Do they disappear because they weren't a part of my family? How can I complete this opportunity - do I have to wait for a member of my household to die? Thanks for any help! :-)

Comments

• saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just take a tombstone that is in your inventory to the science lab and they will resurrect it for free. After you have opened up this opportunity then you can take any old tombstone (they go to the graveyard, go there and click on the catacombs and 'manage graves' to find their graves) to the lab and pay for a resurrection.
  • whylimewhylime Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2009
    How can I get graves in my inventory? I went to the catacombs and did manage graves but was only able to write an epitaph. How does it get in my inventory? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious...
  • saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You click and drag them into your inventory.
  • whylimewhylime Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2009
    ahahaha Oh, that was easy enough. Thanks for your help =]
  • KeldakittyKeldakitty Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You have to click on the mosauleum (sp? :oops:) in the cemetary, maybe at night? Not sure, but you'll get the option to explore, tour, get part-time job or manage graves. Yet, if no sims in your town have died, there won't be any graves to manage, so the option won't appear. Just wait though, because eventually they'll start dropping like flies!
  • somewheresomewhere Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can I resurrect someone from the graveyard? Like Tragic Clown? Do I have to be friends with him to do that or anything?
  • AislinR12AislinR12 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited June 2009
    somewhere wrote:
    Can I resurrect someone from the graveyard? Like Tragic Clown? Do I have to be friends with him to do that or anything?

Yep you can , i resurrected him , married him , had a ghost baby with him then sent him back to the world of non playable ghosts :lol:
    edited June 2009
    I was in love with him though :D
  • somewheresomewhere Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Keldakitty wrote:
    You have to click on the mosauleum (sp? :oops:) in the cemetary, maybe at night? Not sure, but you'll get the option to explore, tour, get part-time job or manage graves. Yet, if no sims in your town have died, there won't be any graves to manage, so the option won't appear. Just wait though, because eventually they'll start dropping like flies!

I've only got "manage graves" once, and many people have died. I don't understand :(
  • KakuratKakurat Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm playing Riverview, and I'm not getting the option to resurrect at the Soil and Research facility. Is this the right place? If so, do you have to get the Opportunity first or can you just resurrect anyone?
  • hypervodkahypervodka Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure you have to get the opportunity first.
  • anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited June 2009
    Just take a tombstone that is in your inventory to the science lab and they will resurrect it for free. After you have opened up this opportunity then you can take any old tombstone (they go to the graveyard, go there and click on the catacombs and 'manage graves' to find their graves) to the lab and pay for a resurrection.

Can anyone do this or only people with a science career? One of my sims died yesterday. It's really sad, he was wishing to see 5 grandchildren born, and he only got to see one. :cry: How long do they live after they are brought back to life?
  • etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You don't have to have the science career. I don't remember what sets off the opportunity though. They don't "come back to life" per say, they come back as a playable ghost. They will live forever until you get so tired of them you send them back into unplayable ghost land by clicking on their grave and picking something like return to the land of the undead or something. I don't remember exactly what it says.
  • RoseMcBRoseMcB Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Confused about this.

So you can only resurrect them as ghosts, not back to real live Sims? Not sure I get the point of that, unless you just want to play a ghost. Not sure I would want some annoying ghost moaning around the house, taking over the furniture, etc.
    Bleh.
  • etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They don't take over like a normal ghost would. They become "playable" IE like a real sim, they can even have a job. They are just see through like a ghost.
  • MaddparrotMaddparrot Posts: 471 New Member
    edited June 2009
    RoseMcB wrote:
    Confused about this.

So you can only resurrect them as ghosts, not back to real live Sims? Not sure I get the point of that, unless you just want to play a ghost. Not sure I would want some annoying ghost moaning around the house, taking over the furniture, etc.
    Bleh.
    You do play as a ghost.
    As a playable ghost, they lose the ability to haunt things.
    If they don't have the good trait, they do use the scare interaction a lot.
    If you get tired of that, you can alway use ambrosia, or just get rid of the ghost in question.
    edited June 2009
    somewhere wrote:
    Keldakitty wrote:

I've only got "manage graves" once, and many people have died. I don't understand :(

The way it happened for me was that i went to the graveyard , befriended tragic clown then when i was on my way home an oppertunity poped up saying that i could resurect a dead sim that i liked ( had to atleast be friends ) so i went back to the graveyard and clicked on tragic's gravestone and it said someting like "pick up gravestone" then i went to map view , clicked on the science building and it said "resurect a sim" (something like that :lol: ) then boom, i had a playable ghost!
  • RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can use Klepto sims to steal graves

Thats how I got Tragic Clown's Grave.
    I didn't even need to be inlove with him
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I noticed the opportunity arises after a Sim that you live with dies.
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    I noticed the opportunity arises after a Sim that you live with dies.

Not even. Nancy Llandgrab Died on my lot while visiting, and I got the opportunity the next day
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2009
    On the note of tombstones does anyone know how to get different tombstones like the obelisk?
    raw
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:
    On the note of tombstones does anyone know how to get different tombstones like the obelisk?

The size of your tombstone pends on how many aspiration points you have. Is what we believe

There is a dispute, however, if it goes by points unspent, or points intotal

I don't think we figured this out yet