Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me, or do you do this too?

While I was creating some sims, my boyfriend starting criticizing me for making all my sims 'perfect'. I then realized that I try to make all my sims good looking, and give them all the good traits, like brave, ambitious, workaholic, etc!! He on the other hand makes Satan Sim, and Hobo Sim.

I think I'm protective of my Sims, and always want them to pretty and perfectly behaved. I need to break the trend i think!

Comments

• Options
    xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2009
    Omg, I do the exact same thing and I hadn't realized it until you said it xD
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I tend to make sims with mostly good traits and I'll throw in one less than desireable trait.
    I really need to branch out more and mix it up.
  • Options
    saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine are generally all good looking, but I mix up the traits quite a bit.

No slob sims though, that one really does annoy me.
  • Options
    mag1411mag1411 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My cousin is like that but I'm not. I like making weird looking sims and I always give my sims different traits when I make them because I'm curious as to how they come out.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited June 2009
    I do it too. I try not to but I can't help it. I don't want any uglies walking around, because when they start producing somewhere down the line there might be something really scary walking around.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    saijebrushsaijebrush Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I always say that I won't, but I just hate making losers and unlucky people! :( I feel bad when their lives don't go right. Even when they get the traits from me being a bad parent (hehe) I use a cheat and change them.
  • Options
    VikkieVikkie Posts: 175 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well you aren't alone...i do the same thing!
  • Options
    NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited June 2009
    my sim's have good traits, and then one epic fail, like unlucky, or klepto, or insane... though my unlucky sims always have a bad day when they're about to give birth, it's a pain in the patookie when that happens...

oh dear... I just realised my WMP has been broken for about an hour... playing the same random sound repeatedly...
  • Options
    snookysnooky Posts: 304 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i do the same thing, but i am now starting to use some of the negative traits
  • Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm the same way, I try and give them all good looks and good traits. I should make someone insane, evil etc.. just to see what they are like. One family I play is starting it's 3rd generation and I'm really attached to them. I couldn't imagine making them have bad traits!
  • Options
    wilduniversewilduniverse Posts: 289 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While I was creating some sims, my boyfriend starting criticizing me for making all my sims 'perfect'. I then realized that I try to make all my sims good looking, and give them all the good traits, like brave, ambitious, workaholic, etc!! He on the other hand makes Satan Sim, and Hobo Sim.

I think I'm protective of my Sims, and always want them to pretty and perfectly behaved. I need to break the trend i think!

My Sims have all sorts of traits, but even the crazy ones have to be good-looking. I just don't care about ugly Sims... lol.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2009
    Tell him that's why you're with him, he's so perfect. :wink:

I don't want Satan Sims but I will add different mixes of Traits. I just want to start out with something close to normal... :shock:
  • Options
    tuxedo_kittentuxedo_kitten Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I always make my sims really good-lookin' but I mix up the traits pretty well I suppose.
  • Options
    skyepilotskyepilot Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I do it too, but I did make one Sim that was evil, insane, inappropriate, etc, just to see how he would behave. He was pretty useless, but then I made a Sim that was mostly good, a girl, and made them get married. They had two kids together and he's an old man now. He used to kick over the garbage can, he doesn't now, but he did recently steal the neighbors tree. oh yeah, he's also a klepto!! LOL
  • Options
    SweetCatastropheSweetCatastrophe Posts: 207 New Member
    edited June 2009
    skyepilot wrote:
    I do it too, but I did make one Sim that was evil, insane, inappropriate, etc, just to see how he would behave. He was pretty useless, but then I made a Sim that was mostly good, a girl, and made them get married. They had two kids together and he's an old man now. He used to kick over the garbage can, he doesn't now, but he did recently steal the neighbors tree. oh yeah, he's also a klepto!! LOL

How did you get them to get married!??! haha. that seems like a challenge.
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited June 2009
    I try to make good looking Sims, just cause I don't want a bunch of ugly people generations down the road, because most of the townies are already ugly, so add in ugly CAS and it'll just be boiling over of ugly babies.

I DO throw in some bad traits though. I expect them to be good looking on the outside, but not completely good on the inside. Plus, it's fun to mix it up :P
  • Options
    thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    edited June 2009
    I do the exact same thing. When I go back, I realize all mine are good, opeless romantics who love family. I may go *crazy and throw klepto or neurotic in there, but gah!

I need to be brave and just randomize!
  • Options
    Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope, I like the 'bad' traits. :roll: They make my sims interesting instead of the sims 2 where each sim had the same personality over and over and over again.
  • Options
    MaddparrotMaddparrot Posts: 471 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Some of the 'bad' traits have good things to them.
    I use two a lot.
    Insane: They can talk to themselves and get social up.
    Loner: When they are alone, they get a nice little moodlet.
    I know one of the 'good' traits has a bad side.
    Clean: They place food as leftovers if they are not starving.
    One clean sim I had even did this to a meal another sim was just about to eat.
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I usually try to give my sims at least one bad trait.
  • Options
    BooHoo2U2BooBooBooHoo2U2BooBoo Posts: 1,335 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm very much the opposite. When I look around, I see a world filled not with "beautiful people" but with people of all shapes and sizes, some pretty, some not-so-pretty, and each with their own flaws.

My sims reflect the real world, so I create "real" people who have real problems. Although they aren't always pretty, they're always interesting.

One of my favorites has been Olga ... who was very overweight when I took her out of CAS. But she's such a fantastic person. She's a bit of a daredevil, loves to throw parties, and she can't stand children. But then she met Kevin, a childish, overweight fellow who loves to cook. For some reason, they hit it off. She suggested they get married, and now he stays home to cook and clean while she pursues a career as an investigative reporter. And recently, she started working out. Between the gym and the "speedy metabolism" pills she got (a game reward), her body shape slimmed down almost overnight.

Olga's weight problem -- and now her remarkable change -- is part of Olga's story, and it's not the characters I create but the stories they have to tell that keeps me intrigued with simming.

Perfect characters have no problems. They quickly become dull and superficial. Give me the misfits any day!

• Options
    smiley989smiley989 Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    my sister is she always wants to make sure her sims are perfect me ill make them crazy
  • Options
    Nessa723Nessa723 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yes, i give them the good traits. And I keep my traits to mostly something easy. Something they can do at home, like genius, green thumb, computer whiz, natural cook, workaholic. I gave one athletic to see if I can handle something new. She kept training all the sims in the house, and made them all want to work out!

I recently made a new sim with the klepto trait. I keep forgetting to make him use it though..I rarely visit people and I rarely visit community lots (I almost always refuse permission for the kids to visit friends too lol). He did steal a car though, but every time I tried to get him to steal one of the nice cars from the Lesson's garage, he steals a light or a table instead D:
  • Options
    skyepilotskyepilot Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    skyepilot wrote:

How did you get them to get married!??! haha. that seems like a challenge.

I made her go to his house and talk to him, she had flirty, friendly, and great kisser traits. Then I switched to him and made him be nice to her, no mean things or evil things, then ask to go steady, they became g/b/friends, then after a few days I made him propose, and because she was getting lonely and was also a hopeless romantic, she said yes. They get along pretty good, actually :)
  • Options
    glompingcowglompingcow Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2009
    With my Sims I have a tendency to make them all really pretty or really cute, but then give them really jacked up personalities lol

I do like making the occasional weird-looking alien though.

Now that I think about it, I have yet to make a 'normal' sim... my simself is the most normal one I have and that's not that normal.

>___<