Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember why Sims 3 was delayed?

Bugs.

Do ya think they actually fixed any of them?

Comments

• Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope. This is effing ridiculous. D':
  • Options
    modelchick8806modelchick8806 Posts: 148 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I thought the press release said it was actually delayed to market the game better...?
  • Options
    GoddessakashaGoddessakasha Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I thought the press release said it was actually delayed to market the game better...?

It was.

And I've been playing for two days and have yet to encounter a bug.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yea I agree. The beatles in the game are really cute!
  • Options
    SimChick1016SimChick1016 Posts: 8,609 Member
    edited June 2009
    The game was delayed to fix things like bugs, but also to tweak the gameplay so it would work just right. I personally don't see a problem with the game. Other than the fact that I am on a laptop and I keep pressing the frackin windows button which pulls up the desktop.
    Happy Simming! o:)
  • Options
    ValkMissileValkMissile Posts: 123 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It was delayed for marketing, although I'm sure they were tweaking the game during that time as well. Even with an extra four months, I still think the marketing was quite poor. I didn't see a single ad.
  • Options
    SimChick1016SimChick1016 Posts: 8,609 Member
    edited June 2009
    Valk, they had PLENTY of ads on the sims 2 website. Just last night I saw an ad for it on TV. First time, granted, but they made an effort.
    Happy Simming! o:)
  • Options
    EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't encountered a bug (that I've noticed) yet. It's a computer program, they have bugs. I wouldn't worry about the bugs so much as how soon will the patch be out to fix them.
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    I saw two tv ads for the sims.

It's the first verison of the sims where I've seen the glaring bugs, I never had the bugs affect me in earlier versions, but that might have been because I usually waited for the patch to be released before buying (I think, I can't remember that far back anymore).

You're likely having the same bugs affect you but not realizing it. THinking maybe it's just game features working as intended when they are broken.
  • Options
    coolascandicoolascandi Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, I've not encountered any bugs yet :?
    I'm sure a patch will be released soon so hold tight until then :)

coolascandi :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I really don't think marketing was an issue. Anyone that plays Sims2 would've surely gone on the Sims2 website or googled Sims3 for funsies [like me :P] and found it out. And yes, they're just not starting to come out with TV commercials for it.

However there are still alot of people out there who bought the game and can't get it to work properly on their computers, or the game just has alot of bugs in it. I have both of these problems and I've installed it on two completely different laptops. :/ [mac and pc.]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Valk, they had PLENTY of ads on the sims 2 website. Just last night I saw an ad for it on TV. First time, granted, but they made an effort.
    Ha, advertising on a Sims website for a Sims game isn't exactly what I'd call great marketing. :wink:

Admittedly, I don't watch much TV other than hockey, so I may have missed the tv ads.
  • Options
    lmaybslmaybs Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2009
    I saw a RIDICULOUS amount of ads. I only saw them on TV a few times, but I don't watch the actual TV much. I watch TV shows online, and literally every little ad break for every show I watch was for the game. It drove me nuts because I was already so excited for it.

I haven't had any real problems with the game, but my friend was over playing and his speed controls aren't working, which is a total bummer.
    I dunno, I don't think the game is bad. There are some things I wish were different, but there will ALWAYS be something. I love the game anyway.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2009
    Bugs.

I don't know, but I haven't encountered any. So they either did what they said, there weren't bugs, or that's not the reason the game was delayed. And story progression mode causing your created sims to change and die is not a bug.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hm, maybe it was just me? I spend a ton of time on the web and saw maybe one or two ads about a week before the game released.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2009

Lol, I've seen about 9 ads all togehter on tv, Theyre all over Myspace and Youtube too.
  • Options
    miaevtmiaevt Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For those of you who haven't encountered bugs, just wait until you've played for a while and find that sims in your neighborhood are having random babies that have only one parent. Apparently sims are asexual now. And I made a post about my psycho toddler. Just have a toddle watch tv while another sim is watching. You'll see a bug.
  • Options
    LarisPlayLarisPlay Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It was delayed for marketing, although I'm sure they were tweaking the game during that time as well. Even with an extra four months, I still think the marketing was quite poor. I didn't see a single ad.

I was in new york city around May 14th...
    Times square had literally 10 commercials and I saw several others around the city.
  • Options
    BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited June 2009

It was.

And I've been playing for two days and have yet to encounter a bug.

Seriously.. what bugs? My game is running smooth.
  • Options
    RodgerickRodgerick Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    monkymn00 wrote:
    Bugs.

I don't know, but I haven't encountered any. So they either did what they said, there weren't bugs, or that's not the reason the game was delayed. And story progression mode causing your created sims to change and die is not a bug.

Yes, but the inability to turn that off that option is. So are the asexually reproduced babies popping up all over my town. As well as the teleporting between the cuddling on the sofa and the toilet... although that last one is a bit funny to watch.
  • Options
    MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it's pretty clear that the delay was for advertising purposes only.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2009
    For those that say they have no bugs, does that mean you can actually turn Story Progression OFF and have it work? I have yet to hear of someone for whom that works correctly. It's a major bug as far as I'm concerned. Plus the asexually generated clone children.
  • Options
    SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009

Yeah... You know advertising the sims 3 in a community that is already aware of how great the sims are is... well... a bit asinine. It is a great game though, I've encountered a few bugs here and there but nothing to really destroy my hopes and dreams of what the game was going to be.
  • Options
    UnegoonoUnegoono Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I watch G4 a lot and noticed quite a few commercials there for the game before it came out. I also saw a few on other TV channels but G4 would play them a couple times a day.
  • Options
    JecrellJecrell Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2009
    I encountered a bug where on the landgrab estate if you play tag sometimes you end up on one side of the wall and the other person attempts to chase you indefinitely on the other side.