Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why won't this work):

I have entered testingCheatsEnabled true like 100 times and it's not working! I'm spelling it right. It goes THROUGH but the cheat doesn't work. I can't teleport. I can't raise my motives. I can't do ANYTHING with it!
I was playing my game earlier with this cheat on and everything was working fine. Now I am playing again and it won't work. I haven't done anything really but some socializing and saving between times.

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    As far as I know that cheat has to be entered in the command prompt in the main menu, then you can select your game. If you switch to another saved game or start a new one, you need to enter the cheat again.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited September 2010
    Its testingcheatsenabled true
    then just shift click on the ground or a sim or lot

you can enter it ingame, just type testingcheatsenabled false before saving and quiting just to be safe
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited September 2010
    NiNjahawkz wrote:

you can enter it ingame, just type testingcheatsenabled false before saving and quiting just to be safe
    I've never gotten this to work in-game. It always has to be at the main menu. However, I have seen others post that they can type it in-game as well. I don't know why this works for some and not for others. :?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited September 2010

I can type it ingame, in edit town or in the main menu and it works
    no matter where I type it. For me it is only necessary to type it
    in the main menu for cheating up the rewards points.
  • JENathanJENathan Posts: 230 New Member
    edited September 2010
    You can also get the Master Controller (and overwatch) mods from Twallan. One of the in-game options it creates is toggling testingcheatsenabled without going to the cheat console. It's also really useful for fixing glitches like stuck/missing Sims, etc.

it can be found here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

Disclaimer: I am not the mod author, nor am I affiliated in any way. I just find them incredibly stable and useful, and the author seems to be extremely helpful on his site.
  • maccarulezmaccarulez Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2010
    I had to use this cheat the other day, cause I had the **** maid and pizza delivery guy hanging around my lot like he had lossed a penny for the last 4 days lol.
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited September 2010
    iDiru wrote:
    I have entered testingCheatsEnabled true like 100 times and it's not working! I'm spelling it right. It goes THROUGH but the cheat doesn't work. I can't teleport. I can't raise my motives. I can't do ANYTHING with it!
    I was playing my game earlier with this cheat on and everything was working fine. Now I am playing again and it won't work. I haven't done anything really but some socializing and saving between times.

One thing I have noticed is the way you are typing it in, It should not have Cap.Letters at all. it should be written like this. testingcheatsenabled true and for me it does not matter when I put it in it will work. I can do it in game or in the main menu the only difference for me is... If I do it in game I can not do the life time want cheat. but if I do it in the main menu I can then use that cheat to.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited September 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    NiNjahawkz wrote:

I've never gotten this to work in-game. It always has to be at the main menu. However, I have seen others post that they can type it in-game as well. I don't know why this works for some and not for others. :?
    I've always entered it in-game as well. You sure it doesn't work that way for you?
    edited September 2010
    LittleV wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    NiNjahawkz wrote:

I've always entered it in-game as well. You sure it doesn't work that way for you?
    I'm positive. :wink:

pam4402003 wrote:
    One thing I have noticed is the way you are typing it in, It should not have Cap.Letters at all. it should be written like this. testingcheatsenabled true
    Even though the cheat works for you typing in all lower case, there's nothing wrong with the way she is typing in the cheat. If anything it's more correct. Reason being most object oriented programming follows a standard naming convention and programmers code this way to call all those objects/events/functions, especially in this game.

The standard is... if the name you choose consists of only one word, spell that word in all lowercase letters. If it consists of more than one word, capitalize the first letter of each subsequent word.

The games as well as this forum uses a lot of objects oriented programming languages based on C (C++, Java, PHP). That is why if you open up your readme notes or pull it up in the game, you will see that the rest of the cheats available to type in the command line use the same naming convention I just mentioned.

Examples:
    resetSim <full Sim name>
    fps [on|off]
    moveObjects [on|off]
    constrainFloorElevation [true|false]
    hideHeadlineEffects [on|off]
    and so on...

Since I code OOP, I type it testingCheatsEnabled [true|false] :wink:

• pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited September 2010
    well I don't understand it, but it never worked for me when I typed it that way. the only way it works for me is typing it all in lower case letters. same with moveobjects on. The only one I use caps for is the constrainFloorElevation true or false. So ya got me!