Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher/Web Site Issue!? (NOT NORMAL!)

Ok, before I state my problem, please know this. I've checked over a dozen pages in the tech thread & I could not find anything related to this problem. I even tried using the keyword search and found nothing, so please know before you come yelling... "Yes, I did look before creating this thread."

My PC meets the requirements needed, my game runs fine (if a little slow at times) but this is ok. My game & launcher are completely updated & currently using Ver. 5.0.44.008001 However there are two things that are definitely wrong.

1) When I'm on the site and want to download something from the exchange, many of the exchange items (just below the the "packs, store items" links where it tells who what it contains) it says "Please update your game." Now I'm certain that I am completely updated, I even clicked "refresh" a few times in the launcher just to make sure.

2) Second problem (which I'm positive is related somehow to the first). Even on the items in the exchange the don't have that message, for some reason I am unable to download them either! When I click the link to add the item to my game my launcher opens normally (as it should) but it never downloads. In fact the download never even starts! No bar, no queue, nothing. My launcher opens and just sits there... I've tried to download tattoos, patterns, sims, households, and all resulted in one of these two issues.

HOWEVER, for some reason I can download items from the store just fine. No issues whatsoever, I can also upload everything without a single problem. It's just the exchange items that seem to be giving me grief.

why.gif

Is there a solution to this? It's not an update problem, because the moment my launcher prompts me to update I ALWAYS do. I also it's not my browser either, I use google chrome and I've never had an issue with it. I even double checked and used firefox and it had the same results.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if this is related to the other issues, but I am unable to "manage" my goodies either... For example, the option to remove the skull & crossbones from my avatar and replace it with a different badge is gone. Gone as in no where to be found...

Any solutions to these problems would be "greatly" appreciated!

onegai.gif

Comments

• hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited September 2010

For your issue with downloading from the exchange, have you tried "save
    file" instead of "add to game"? Save it to your desktop then double click
    the icon on your desktop and see if it works from there.
  • Gia150Gia150 Posts: 273 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I am having the same thing happen to me and save file is not working.I had to reinstall my games all is updated but can't download my patterns I have made this is crazy. :evil:
  • Tai_KunTai_Kun Posts: 1,511 New Member
    edited September 2010
    For your issue with downloading from the exchange, have you tried "save
    file" instead of "add to game"? Save it to your desktop then double click
    the icon on your desktop and see if it works from there.

Hmmm... This idea has not occurred to me, thank you. I will see if this is a successful alternative to adding to my launcher directly. I suppose I will make the attempt before bed.