Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resizing Pics on Photobucket???

I was wondering if anyone here on the forums uses photobucket.com to post pics of their Simmies and if so when you resize them what option do you use tiny, small, medium, or large?

Comments

• miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Photobucket never resizes them properly for me. I use tinypic, it's much easier.
  • MeritSelketMeritSelket Posts: 1,297
    edited September 2010
    I was wondering if anyone here on the forums uses photobucket.com to post pics of their Simmies and if so when you resize them what option do you use tiny, small, medium, or large?

yes I use it
    usually I rezize my pics in my graphic programm before uploading
    but if I use the Photobucket edit option I always type in myself how big or small I want them to be
  • cassieososassiecassieososassie Posts: 313 Member
    edited September 2010
    Photobucket never resizes them properly for me. I use tinypic, it's much easier.
    Oic, I might need to use that then, thanks! :)
    edited September 2010

yes I use it
    but if I use the Photobucket edit option I always type in myself how big or small I want them to be[/quote Oh ok , that's a good point, thanks! :)
  • hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited September 2010

Just resize them yourself! Add "width=640" before the final /img tag.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2010

yes I use it
    but if I use the Photobucket edit option I always type in myself how big or small I want them to be

Cool I didn't know we could type it in at photobucket.
  • Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Photobucket doesnt work very well if you resize and override the original image. BUT if you Save a New Copy, it will work just fine :) For the forums I never go bigger then 600 (even though the max is 640) I think 600 is perfect :D
    edited September 2010

yes I use it

Cool I didn't know we could type it in at photobucket.

welcome
    yes you can and like Isabella said, "save a new copy" never overwrite the original
    but my recommendation still is:
    rezize in your graphic program and then upload
  • Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited September 2010
    welcome
    yes you can and like Isabella said, "save a new copy" never overwrite the original
    but my recommendation still is:
    rezize in your graphic program and then upload
    This is also my preferred way, I use Picasa :) But I think the people that have these kinds of questions aren't using any graphic program. (just my guess :mrgreen: )
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited September 2010

Yup the quickest and easiest way!

Ok I dont use photobucket or tiny pic....I use Google Picasa.....but all I do is upload...get the online link for the pic...copy/paste it into the forum and add "width=640" before I close the [/img] tag. Personly I use 600, but 640 is the max you can go before it breaks the page. You dont have to worry about the hight...the forum auto resizes it as long as the width is no bigger than 640.

E.g

Fullscreen%20capture%2020100827%20112308%20PM.jpg"width=600"

Picasa is by far the best in my opinion for this.....you can edit resize or whatever before you upload...also there are no adverts and other clutter in your online photo gallery
    edited September 2010
    This is also my preferred way, I use Picasa :) But I think the people that have these kinds of questions aren't using any graphic program. (just my guess :mrgreen: )

yup, you might be right, they should get something like GIMP, since it`s a free programm
    I use photoshop now for years, can`t even think of a day I did not open it :mrgreen:
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited September 2010
    Haiden, actually, 640 is the max you can to allow quoting. 700 will actually totally max out the thread, and then start breaking if someone quotes it.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited September 2010
    Haiden, actually, 640 is the max you can to allow quoting. 700 will actually totally max out the thread, and then start breaking if someone quotes it.

Yes lol...ik 700 is the max, hence why we all usually stick to 600/640...lol because we get quoted!

:)
    edited September 2010
    Haiden wrote:

Ok I dont use photobucket or tiny pic....I use Google Picasa.....but all I do is upload...get the online link for the pic...copy/paste it into the forum and add "width=640" before I close the [/img] tag. Personly I use 600, but 640 is the max you can go before it breaks the page. You dont have to worry about the hight...the forum auto resizes it as long as the width is no bigger than 640.

E.g

Picasa is by far the best in my opinion for this.....you can edit resize or whatever before you upload...also there are no adverts and other clutter in your online photo gallery
    Thanks guys for all of your answers, they were all very helpful! Haiden thank you especially, I like how you showed me the example just in case I didn't know how to do it. Thanks again all of you! :D
    edited September 2010
    Haiden wrote:

E.g

Thanks guys for all of your answers, they were all very helpful! Haiden thank you especially, I like how you showed me the example just in case I didn't know how to do it. Thanks again all of you! :D
    Screenshot-7.jpg"width=600"
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2010
    You can set up Photobucket to resize your pictures automatically when you upload them so you never have to bother with resizing them at all.

Underneath the upload Images and video box you will see this line:

"Tip: Hold down CommandCTRL to select multiple files. (more options)"

Click on the "more options" link and you can select what size you want Photobucket to automatically resize your images.

This is helpful because it will keep you from using up too much storage space with large images.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2010
    I resize them into large. So far its worked everytime.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    CK213 wrote:
    You can set up Photobucket to resize your pictures automatically when you upload them so you never have to bother with resizing them at all.

Underneath the upload Images and video box you will see this line:

"Tip: Hold down CommandCTRL to select multiple files. (more options)"

Click on the "more options" link and you can select what size you want Photobucket to automatically resize your images.

This is helpful because it will keep you from using up too much storage space with large images.
    I was going to post this but CK213 already did. I think it's much easier to do it this way then all you need is the image link between the image tags without having to add the width. I use photobucket or flickr when I have bulk uploads. If its only a few pictures then I use tinypic.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).