Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Searching For CC - Then Not Using It

I am a long time CC addict and I had thousands of pieces of CC for both TS1 and TS2. I had several hundred for TS3 at one time, but then I had to do a complete re-install (which was a nightmare that took 2 days to get the game functioning again) and started to play before I reinstalled all my CC.

I love how fast my game runs with just The Store objects in it!

But I still search the sites for what new CC is available. It is like I am addicted! Only now I rarely download anything (except houses) and I don't install anything (but houses). It feels crazy to window-shop like this and I've seen many tempting pieces of CC - but I've been passing them by!

Is anyone else like this? You look at CC but don't add it into your game? I'm just wondering how weird I am.

Comments

• JOSHUA215JOSHUA215 Posts: 2,999 Member
    edited September 2010
    yep me accept when i window shop 5 minuites later i go back and download it!!!!
  • Sazz26Sazz26 Posts: 324 New Member
    edited September 2010
    No you are not weird at all! I do this all the time, houses are the only thing I will download and even that is only if I am absolutely IN LOVE with it :D It's because like you, my game runs faster with store items, and even then it has freezing issues or slow reaction times. Also I had to completely uninstall and reinstall my game after corrupt CC so I am completely paranoid :(
  • Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited September 2010
    Same here, I'm happy with the original ea clothes that i have :) but still I browse some clothes and accessories from the other sites :lol:
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited September 2010
    Actually, I applaud you for being able to "Window Shop" without actually downloading it all. After all, how are you going to find the GOOD stuff unless you look? In TS2, I had a horrible habit of DLing ANYTHING that caught my eye...and yet I used the same 2 or 3 sets over and over and over and over. I am better in TS3 tho. I try to REALLY limit myself to CC that I can promise myself I will use. In TS2, it was furniture sets. I was a total and complete SUCKER for furniture!! There was a couple living room and kitchen sets that I used in just about every house I built. Now it is clothes and hair. I can't seem to get enough. The clothes, I do use most of them. If I get them in game and they suck, I make a note of what they look like in game to see if I can find them in my CC files and delete them. Hair...I keep DLing it, but only use a couple of them over and over! LOL I keep the others tho because I just KNOW eventually I will make just the right sim and the hair will look great on them! LOL
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 1,227
    edited September 2010
    I look constantly but the only CC I download is hair. I have eyes and skin but 1 default of each only. Everything else I have never DL alot of and have slowly been getting rid of, because you just have less problems.
  • ReeneyfaceReeneyface Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I have a mac so lately no hair and no clothes seem to work - i live in the hope that they will one day so i have a file called "CC that doesn't work" just waiting for the day...
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited September 2010
    Your not weird ! I often look at CC but I'm never going to download it, I had to many troubles with CC ruining my game. I used to have thousands in TS2 but never for TS3...
  • hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited September 2010

I have a folder on my desktop titled "Things to add to game". It is CC
    that I downloaded but did not install, yet. Some of the stuff has been
    in that folder for 6 months. I may never install it in my game but I
    must have it anyway! So if you are weird.....so am I! :lol: