Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you're going to do something, do it right!

My mac has NEVER had issues running anything, but the Sims lags like crazy. I know mine isn't a fluke and the vast majority of mac users have had this same issue.

People have been demanding answers for a while now, where are the Guru posts or news updates for answers?

I shelled out fifty dollars for this game. Now I'd like some answers and solutions so I can play it please.

Comments

• Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, you are asking a bit much for something with such a tone. It isn't the least bit polite to name the thread that. I agree, we could use a patch, but in time we will get it. Also, have you updated drivers and things like that? People have had problems but most have been solved pretty easily.
    259g3le.gif
  • BeccaBoooooBeccaBooooo Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm through with being polite. Mine is hardly the first thread of this nature. Us Mac users have been complaining about this for weeks. None of our issues have been addressed. I feel completely ripped off.

Shame on EA.
  • SeshanSeshan Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My moms 4 year old computer runs the sims better then my MBP that is 5x+ more powerful.
  • MissBissMissBiss Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2009
    Becca,

I understand your frustration. However, I agree that the tone is a bit over the top.

Millions of games have been sold, yet only a few hundred have complained about running issues. Truly, those having issues are in the extreme minority of total games sold.

It must be terribly frustrating waiting for an update or a patch or whatever they are doing, but I am sure EA is working on solutions, they would like to keep their customers happy for repeat business I am sure.

EA is a business and the Sims 3 is a game, this is not world hunger or curing cancer. I am sorry you are having problems running your game because it really is a lot of fun, but let's try to remember what's important here and not unnecessarily berate EA employees without grounds.

Hope you get your answers soon. In the mean time, I suggest looking into some of the ways others have tried to help by modifying settings and tripple checking your specs meet minimum standards.

Good Luck!

-MissBiss

• BeccaBoooooBeccaBooooo Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    MissBliss,

I have done all these things and I assure you my computer is up to par.

A few hundred people that you know of have complained about running issues. Personally, all of my friends who have a variety of macs have not been able to run this game. I would guess that the actual number of people with issues is far higher.

EA's job is not to end world hunger or cure cancer. Their job is to make games that work- in this case on all platforms. Without them even addressing these issues that have been brought up time after time again by players, they are not doing their job.
  • waferthinwaferthin Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have no problem with the tone of the OP except that maybe it's not forceful enough. This version is a step backward from Sims 2, with the changes in gameplay not being nearly interesting enough to justify the extra demand in processing power. I've tried everything, including running it in Windows under BootCamp and it simply doesn't play well or look halfway decent on the Mac. Plus customer service is either unresponsive or, as another poster has pointed out, totally nonsensical in their replies. I have a not quite 2 year old Macbook Pro which exceeds the minimum standards and which everything else runs great on -- I really agree with the OP that this is an EA problem, not a Mac problem. I believe that when a company takes money from users of any given platform they should have properly QA-ed their product on that platform FIRST. Otherwise it's just stealing.
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When are people going to accept that Macs + Games = Failure...
  • MissBissMissBiss Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2009
    *Sigh*

There's no winning here.

I have a MacBook, purchased in Dec 2008. The Sims 3 runs exceptionally well on my machine and I have had absolutely no issues. In this forum there are literally hundreds who would report the same thing.

Again, I'm sorry it's not working for you. I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    My mac has NEVER had issues running anything, but the Sims lags like crazy. I know mine isn't a fluke and the vast majority of mac users have had this same issue.

People have been demanding answers for a while now, where are the Guru posts or news updates for answers?

I shelled out fifty dollars for this game. Now I'd like some answers and solutions so I can play it please.

What CPU and graphics card do you have? The game runs great on my two machines.

To be honest a majority of Macs do not have all that great video cards, by a long shot, which is a big reason so many people are complaining.
  • bigblu666bigblu666 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    MissBiss wrote:
    *Sigh*

There's no winning here.

I have a MacBook, purchased in Dec 2008. The Sims 3 runs exceptionally well on my machine and I have had absolutely no issues. In this forum there are literally hundreds who would report the same thing.

Again, I'm sorry it's not working for you. I hope it gets resolved soon.

i like you... you seem to understand fixes take time

we all are waiting but you seem to posees the "patience" trait (bad i know but i think i can get away with it on a sim's forum)

Kudos!
    Post edited by Unknown User on