Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exotic world version 2

2...Next

Comments

• EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I really love this world as well as the sims package you have included along with your world. I have followed through your process since day 1 and I have to say you have put in a lot of effort in this world. Definitely looking forward to more of your works!

:D
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited September 2010
    DarkMirage - many thanks for your nice words, the Sims house that was robbed and the burglar showed up in normal clothing, I was playing the world last night and current house did get robbed :x, and the burglar had the normal burglar outfit on, perhaps the game yet to spawn a burglar yet, was it very early in the install when this happened, other than that I'm not sure.

BSIRegina - We all have aging eyes :lol:, I've updated the first page with some larger pictures, I hope you can see the world better. If this means anything I'm also prone to motion sickness, I get it really bad when I play certain game, usual Doom type games, full 3D games, when the camera shifts to fast, I never had a problem with the Sims 3 and motion sickness.

The animated water in my signature, is making your stomach churn, oh, well I don't want that to happen, I've removed the signature.
    You no need to apologize, it takes a lot to offend me and at the end of the day, the world I've built I did my best and it's what matters and if I ever build another world I will look back on any negative comments and positive comments, to help improve any designs in the future.

Parry -Like above I updated the first page with some new pictures and here's a few more for you:-

Screenshot-8-21.jpg

Screenshot-12-13.jpg

crag - Many thanks for your kind word, I hope your enjoying the world.

DDS Many thanks again for all your nice comments.

Ukase - A very special thanks Ukase, I remember going onto the forum, feeling I little fed up one night about 4 weeks ago, I think I had just planted all the trees, it had taken nearly 8 hours. Just your encouragement some how made it all worth the time and energy. Many thanks

SAVED GAME PACK

Coming Soon

A little delay on this pack, mainly due to it being my wedding anversary, 10 years today :mrgreen:.
    It is completed, I'm currently just checking stuff, you see I've edited all the relationships of all the Sims in the pack more than 50 families, all with correct relationships. This pack add on will be ready soon.

Screenshot-4-26.jpg
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2010
    I popped in to see if the save game was ready and see your announcement of your anniversary. Congratulations and here's a wish for many, many more anniversary's to come :) Enjoy your day and don't give a second thought to anything having to do with sims. The game can wait while you celebrate such a special occasion.
    edited September 2010
    Many thanks DD, we had a good night, Chinese Banquet, just what you need to get you full of energy.

Anyway before I goto bed here is the Save game file:-

THE SAVE GAME

Warning you need Exotic world version 2 installed for this to work

You need winrar to unzip the file

http://www.winrar.com.sg/download.htm

test1.jpg

Setup

A copy of the setup is included in the download:

It's very simple, just copy the contents of the exotic world save to

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

Your good to go at this point

Bonus

Screenshot-14-13.jpg

I've done some tweaking on the Holiday resorts, nothing major, just played about with base camps and tweaked a few lots.
    To use them in your game, just place them in your saved game folder with your save.

worldbuilders files

This contains the files that I used in building this world, the Sea, sky, lights, posters, custom graphics. This folder is for builders who wish to tweak there own worlds and much of the donkey work is already done for you. Use them files anyway you choose.

Screenshot-5-26.jpg

Screenshot-68.jpg

Screenshot-3-29.jpg

Screenshot-6-18.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK SAVED GAME FILE

http://www.2shared.com/file/5X9NRQ6Q/ExoticWorldSaveGame.html

Click on the "Save file to your PC: click here" to download the world

So this might be the end for this world, but it's going out with bang, many thanks for all your support and looking forward to seeing your worlds.
    edited September 2010
    My, what a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect a file before tomorrow. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful evening.

I have a quick question about the Holiday Resorts file. If we put the file in the saves folder will your tweaked locations appear for all our installed worlds, or just Exotic World?

I don't use CAW myself but I think it was awfully nice of you to include the files you used in creating Exotic World for other's use. That's a very unselfish thing to do.
  • EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Stw for doing this for us. I can't wait to play it and you know I don't play the actual game but this is too awesome to pass on! Besides I really loved the households you made along with the world. This shall be a treat! :D
    edited September 2010
    DD- One thing that was a pain was having to setup world adventure locations every time you change worlds, so what I started doing was make a saved game template of the holiday locations, I would never actual play the game with the template, just update the template when a new ep/sp came out. So then when I start a new game I would just drop a copy of the template into the saved game folder. I do not recommend using this method on already established worlds, but on complete fresh worlds I can't see any danger.

So yes they work in any world and you can set your own up if you follow the above example.

Euka - I really hope you enjoy using them saved game files, I've just got around to installing your world, looking forward to building something using this world template, it a great world.

edited September 2010
    Thanks for the explanation. I don't think I'll use the templae since I travel as little as possible. LOL, I've never stayed more than 3 days in any of the locations, nor bothered to buy a vacation home.

I played in the save file last night and had a little bit of clothing weirdness. You start us in the Goosebump house but as interesting as the lot is, I moved on to Stacy Williams fairly quickly. Of all things, she had met Manbo (sp?) at the science center and become enamored. What the heck, let them marry and move to her home. He rolled the want to become a ghostbuster and I figured they could use the income while she gets started writing. Thing is when it came time for him to perform his job, he spun into a new hairstyle and clothing but it wasn't the ghostbuster uniform. When he came home he spun into yet another change of clothing but kept the same new hairstyle. There wasn't even any reason for him to change clothes. He was just walking through the living room and did the spin.

I have no clue why this is happening and thought I should at least mention it, since DM has reported a burglar not dressed as a burglar. This is two instances of clothing anomalies in two completely separate games.

Again, I express my appreciation for the save file. My goodness, you sure went the extra mile for those of us playing in the world.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited September 2010
    DD - I have found it's not just the burglar having clothing issues, it seems to be all of the NPC's. I called the repairman and when the truck showed up the repair person was dressing in normal clothing and the cops are wearing normal clothing as well. I have never had this glitch in my game, I have tested my other worlds and they are all normal. I am about to start a new game in this world and see if the same thing happens.

ETA: I still love this world and will continue playing it, this post was for informative purposes only, it wasn't a complaint. Thanks again for all of your hard work.
    edited September 2010
    DM, I think, or at least hope, Stw knows we aren't grinching, just reporting.

I haven't had a burglar, nor have I called a repairman, so I am not sure whether they are dressing in regular clothes in my game or not. I solved the ghostbuster uniform problem by taking the sim into CAS by using the stylist option in Twallan's Master Controller as he was leaving the house to work, dressed in whatever style the game seemed to think was the ghostbuster uniform. The correct uniform was showing as unlocked so I added it as a 2nd choice for everyday. Now he is putting on the ghostbuster clothing when he leaves for work. The incorrect outfit that was being used doesn't even show up as part of his wardrobe, bizarre incident.

How has your new game gone, DM? Are the NPC's still in regular clothing, or dressed correctly?

I also had my first ever error code 12 tonight, resulting in a bad save. I don't have LAA set up because I've never had to before. I made a couple of small changes in my Nvidia Control Panel, rebooted the computer and restarted the game. I played for a couple of hours and didn't encounter another error code 12, thank goodness.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited September 2010
    Back with an update, after starting a new game using this world, the NPC's are all dressing correctly so far. I have called a maid, the repairman, the pizza delivery, everyone is in their uniforms. I haven't seen a burglar or cop yet, but I am assuming they will be fine as well. I am not sure what happened to the other save file, perhaps it was corrupted somehow. I wasn't using CC so I am not sure what was causing the issue. This game is glitchy as everything as you know so it could be anything at this point.
    edited September 2010
    Possible reason why, it could be when you first start the world, it needs to generate the clothes, if you notice, that the game always runs a little slow when you first start playing a world for the first time. A possible work around and you should do this for any new world you start, the moment you enter the world, save the game and exit to the main menu, this will give the game time to generate the emitters correctly and generate the saved game file.

Currently I'm using the downloaded version of the world like you, I've had no clothes problem so far, I have checked over the files, are there is no reference to anything to do with NPC clothes in the world. Saying all that, the Sims 3 sometimes as a mind of it's own and will double check and start a new save and see what happens. I will update you with my findings. Like you I'm CC free, thou I've just added my store objects back into my game, I will be playing the game later and I will see what happens then.

edited September 2010
    I can't say that I have noticed worlds going a little slower at the start of a new game before Exotic World. I'm not doubting what you are saying, I'm sure I just had not paid close enough attention. I did do a quick save on loading this world because your instructions mentioned the emitters needing that save.

I have noticed that it takes Exotic World twice as long to load than any of my other worlds. Since installing Ambitions, load time for other worlds has increased to about 1 minute. Before Ambitions they all loaded under a minute. It takes Exotic World about 2 minutes plus 10 seconds to load. I had assumed that was because of changes made to ini files and it's not a horrific load time.

Also wanted to let you know that I am playing with your save game and I do have my cc in place. I don't use a ton of it but I do have some third party cc and a fair amount of store content. Just an fyi because of my reporting problems encountered. I don't think it has anything at all to do with the clothing issue because DM plays a vanilla game. Well, he probably has store content but I have a hard time calling store content cc since it is made by EA.
    edited September 2010
    Just spent a few hours in Exotic World. No problems whatsoever and the NPC's in my game are dressed appropriately. I've seen both police officers and repairpersons.

I am thoroughly enjoying the cast of characters. I wanted to get a look at the Reaper family, so changed to them after Stacy Williams had her baby. They're great and I also got a look at Faye Goblinfrost as she walked by the house. Dear me, I can see I'm going to be spending an awful lot of time in Exotic World. I am on sensory overload...in a good way :)

I know I'm repeating myself but have to thank you again for sharing this world and its occupants with the community. The hard work you put into it shows around each and every corner and LOL, up and down as one views the skies and land from different sections. I really hope someone from EA downloads and views this world. I think they, too, would be proud of what a talented member of the community has produced with CAW.
  • redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2010
    Nice world.. I took my sims over to the train station to watch the train roll by..hehe ,,awesome world.. thanks for sharing it with us..
  • SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited September 2010
    I've had some odd career clothing issues not in this world, but in Twinbrook and elsewhere at times. I think it's EA. It definitely glitches if I've gone to have a clothing makeover at the salon ...again, not in this world. I haven't even downloaded this world yet. I am trying to figure out what I'm letting my computer in for! LOL!
  • KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm, can not get the saved world to work it is not showing up on my list when I load game and I downloaded the new exotic world too. Can you put a copy of it on the exchange with the people in it?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2011
    You can't get populated versions of world on the exchange as EA does not allow a way to populate the worlds and they have to be populated using instruction not made by EA. So if you can't get a world off of anywhere but the exchange, then you are out of luck. Stw also has this posted on Auntie Lynds sim site as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited February 2011
    Got the populated world to work. Playing Goosebum house. Moved them to new house when she got prego. So there would be more room for baby and three monsters he wants to make. So far they have a baby girl Sarah Project Goosebump.
  • omgwtfwayomgwtfway Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    So i downloaded this world but heres my problem
    I click new game
    Then choose the exotic world
    N wait for ame to load,all of the sudden it exits my ame
    This everytime i click your world:(
  • LeemoneLeemone Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Stw402 wrote:
    Many thanks DD, we had a good night, Chinese Banquet, just what you need to get you full of energy.

Anyway before I goto bed here is the Save game file:-

THE SAVE GAME

Warning you need Exotic world version 2 installed for this to work

You need winrar to unzip the file

http://www.winrar.com.sg/download.htm

test1.jpg

Setup

A copy of the setup is included in the download:

It's very simple, just copy the contents of the exotic world save to

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

Your good to go at this point

Bonus

Screenshot-14-13.jpg

I've done some tweaking on the Holiday resorts, nothing major, just played about with base camps and tweaked a few lots.
    To use them in your game, just place them in your saved game folder with your save.

worldbuilders files

This contains the files that I used in building this world, the Sea, sky, lights, posters, custom graphics. This folder is for builders who wish to tweak there own worlds and much of the donkey work is already done for you. Use them files anyway you choose.

Screenshot-5-26.jpg

Screenshot-68.jpg

Screenshot-3-29.jpg

Screenshot-6-18.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK SAVED GAME FILE

http://www.2shared.com/file/5X9NRQ6Q/ExoticWorldSaveGame.html

Click on the "Save file to your PC: click here" to download the world

So this might be the end for this world, but it's going out with bang, many thanks for all your support and looking forward to seeing your worlds.

Sadly, link to saved game no longer works:(. Will be there another way to download it? Oh...and by the way, great wotk^^. People as talented as you are give me inspiration to do my best.