Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk Beds!

:D I'm super excited about this and hope that there is a way to get this to the Sims3 creators. I believe in some near future expansion pack, there should be Bunk beds! I mean how convenient would that be? Especially for people who like to model after their own homes or just wanna fit two kids in a room. I hope this forum helps launch that idea into their fantastic brains!! What do you think fellow Sims3 lovers? :shock:

Comments

• DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited September 2010
    Welcome to forum :D
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • djsklrdjsklr Posts: 3,256 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Welcome to the forum and I think this is a brilliant idea!
  • atz123atz123 Posts: 1,500 New Member
    edited September 2010
    i agree, im getting tired of my cc bunk beds :[
  • 000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited September 2010
    Hi and welcome, love the idea for bunk beds,
  • VickyLouise3VickyLouise3 Posts: 1,705 New Member
    edited September 2010
    000000078 wrote:
    Hi and welcome, love the idea for bunk beds,

Agreed!

Welcome to the forum.
    I would love to have bunk beds in the game!
  • Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited September 2010
    hah!! I've always always wondered why bunkbeds have never been incorperated!

Welcome to the forums, and I vote yes on the bunk beds
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    I agree. :-) Good luck with that though. It seems like simmers have been asking for that for a long time.
    YShQCz1.png
  • Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited September 2010
    ive been asking for bunk-beds since the sims 3 was released basically 80% of the sims community wants them. if we keep asking maybe they will give us bunk-beds!!
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Agreed. (:
    I've been wanting them since forever.

I hope they include them somewhow, maybe in the store or an stuff/expansion pack.
  • bapavezabapaveza Posts: 1,744 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Welcome to the forum.

Yep, bunk beds would be good. I know there are some cc ones out there but I'm not clear on whether or not they are functional or just decorative.
  • Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Welcome to the forums!
    I would love to have bunk beds!
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited September 2010
    I would like bunkbeds in the game. Welcome to the forum
  • sunnishine_28sunnishine_28 Posts: 730 Member
    edited September 2010
    That would have great to incorporate into the Late Night EP, but I think it's too late. Maybe in the next EP or SP (after Fast Lane).
    "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hope, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  • andie6061andie6061 Posts: 5,438 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Bunkbeds would be great! Welcome to the forum :wink:
  • Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Mybe they can incorperate them into this Great Idea I have for Sims3 outdoors... an EP that combines Seasons, Pets, and adds new things like summer camp (a vacation for kids) where they could incorperate the bunkbeds! And more farm-esque things including other animals and other skills or activities like butter churning... new recipes and crops

it's gotta be int eh works!!

**I can dream can't I? :roll:
  • GDfavoritismGDfavoritism Posts: 133
    edited September 2010
    i love that idea!
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    Oh how I've longed for bunk beds ever since the TS2. You're not alone and I know this has been requested before in Ideas & Feedback. I can't for the life of me figure out what's taking this sooooooooo long because it's practical. Both my kids have some type of bunkbed set-up in their rooms. The oldest, her bottom has a full futon that turns into a couch when she has her friends over. The youngest, has the one that's L-Shaped and on one end is like a desk and underneath are shelves. Families with lots of kids need bunk beds.

Seriously how cool would these be??? :wink:
    cokumbia.jpg
    uffizi.jpg
    [img]http://www.mattressman.co.uk/_mattressman/800px/FUTON-METAL.jpg "width=640"[/img]
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm wishing for bunkbeds also. Welcome to the forums!
  • sunnishine_28sunnishine_28 Posts: 730 Member
    edited September 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    Oh how I've longed for bunk beds ever since the TS2. You're not alone and I know this has been requested before in Ideas & Feedback. I can't for the life of me figure out what's taking this sooooooooo long because it's practical. Both my kids have some type of bunkbed set-up in their rooms. The oldest, her bottom has a full futon that turns into a couch when she has her friends over. The youngest, has the one that's L-Shaped and on one end is like a desk and underneath are shelves. Families with lots of kids need bunk beds.

Seriously how cool would these be??? :wink:
    cokumbia.jpg
    uffizi.jpg
    [img]http://www.mattressman.co.uk/_mattressman/800px/FUTON-METAL.jpg "width=640"[/img]

It'd be so great to have them for small rooms. :D

"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hope, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited September 2010
    Welcome to the forum! Yes, I agree with you all. I have been wanting a bunk bed since Sims 1. It is perfect for any ages. I really don't know why the creators of Sims did not make it. Maybe it did not pop in their mind or it is a bit hard to create because of limited animations? Hope in the future expansions, the bunk beds will be available.
  • bapavezabapaveza Posts: 1,744 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    I have been wanting a bunk bed since Sims 1. It is perfect for any ages. I really don't know why the creators of Sims did not make it.

Bunk beds? Perfect for any age? Tell that to my 134-day old Legacy Founder. Somehow I suspect he'd rather not climb in and out of a bunk bed when it comes time to rest his head at night.

As for why they didn't make them -- I think there are technical limitations. I've seen some custom made bunk beds but they've never been functional. Think about it. Do you treat it as another floor? How do you get one floor on top of the other floor? The game is three-dimensional but the idea of bunk beds requires more like six-dimensional playability. I imagine it would be quite a technical challenge short of giving the sims the ability to occupy the same space (kind of like they currently do with cars).

Hmm ... but then giving the ability to occupy the same space would resolve all those pesky pathing issues they've had since day 1. Might be worth some thought there -- although I personally hate how they currently have cars setup.
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great idea, I like the Ikea bunk beds...
  • Drak_AngelDrak_Angel Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited September 2010
    i read on another post that they received bunk beds with a download from the store and had no idea where they came from.

but, i want them too... give!
  • Garret360Garret360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2010
    The Sims Online had perfectly functional bunk beds. God I miss that game so much...
  • simlovergirl07simlovergirl07 Posts: 1,376 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great idea! Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
    NGjC2.gif