Sul sul Simmers! For 24 hours, starting on 6AM PT today, May 6th, you can share what's on your mind in the Sims 411 Feedback thread for the next Inside Maxis livestream. 😃
April 30 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

New Terrain Textures for CAW - Extracted from Ts2!

Hello! Have you ever wanted to use the terrain textures from Sims 2? Well I have got them out of the game, and ready to be placed into your sourcetextures! This will be perfect for Creators who are re-making Sims 2 worlds! :D

The only one I cannot seem to find is Strangetown Desert terrain. The game don't seem to have it. (From what it seems!) I also removed 5 terrains - This is because they are exactly the same as the Sandy Grass... just apparently with different colour flowers on them? Luckily, no neighbourhood in Ts2 used them. :) For the default grass terrain. It is under the name "MrCrumplebottom1_Sandy Grass". This is the name given in game.

Enjoy!

Here is a picture of what they look like in CAW.
Terrain-1.jpg"width=600"

Download link up in a second.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lnegpjoqsfgn5c6 - That should work?

Comments

• Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank you for these. I never really liked the basic grass back then but CAW just seems to make it work ^^.
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited September 2010
    I was persuaded to upload them by Wyndhane! :P I was only going to use these for a personal world! :lol:

Glad you like them, download link up! :D
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited September 2010
    so she persuaded you before i had a chance too! i must check these out

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I've just lost my entire texture collection, so these are great at helping me rebuild, off to download, many thanks again :mrgreen:
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great Mr. C! :mrgreen:

I'm linking in the Terrain Textures Links thread.

It's been so long since I played TS2, I can't really remember any of the textures. I bet these will jog my memory. :D
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited September 2010
    When I had it in CAW, I was so shocked at how it looks like the game. I was :shocking: :P Some look really nice, like the Mixed Rock. :)
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you :D

Z8Avp3.png