Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 3 Late Night the last Disc-Based game of EA?

1235...Next

Comments

• ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm seeing this on The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 very soon. :lol:
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2010
    She has the right to post IF (in my opinion anyway)

1) The Thread TiTle is Not in all caps and is 1 line long or less, like a brief description, not a big long title that takes up 2 lines!

2) Proper spelling

3) Some intelligence and originality

Has it occured to you that this person may not be a native english speaker? I've been on her case all day, and now I'm defending her :lol:
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited September 2010
    How does one post = four or five threads?

That's what they call 'ABEERKHAN math'. It's a pretty new thing, just about a month old actually (it came into being right around the time ABEERKHAN started posting on here), so it's not surprising you haven't heard of it. :D

I have heard of it. For awhile. :wink:
    edited September 2010

Every single one of her threads that should be really simple always end up at least 10 pages long.

I have noticed this annoying phenomena! However I can only blame all the people who keep it going , keep responding, and perpetuating it.

I look at it this way- if the OP can post in normal letters , not all caps, (etc etc you've read it already :wink:) and Still get some response and discussion, at least She will know it's because there's something to discuss and Not Just because she shouted in all caps, and misspelled a bunch of words, and attracted a whole bunch of attention that way, (which unfortunately seems to be working, that is my point)
  • ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited September 2010
    zorba2357 wrote:
    She has the right to post IF (in my opinion anyway)

1) The Thread TiTle is Not in all caps and is 1 line long or less, like a brief description, not a big long title that takes up 2 lines!

2) Proper spelling

3) Some intelligence and originality

Has it occured to you that this person may not be a native english speaker? I've been on her case all day, and now I'm defending her :lol:

She claims not to be, which is slightly believable, from what I have observed, but still possibly untrue.

She also claims that she is in the UAE, where the current time is nearly 8 a.m, meaning she stays up posting all night every night, which, again, is believable, but in this case, much more unlikely.

I suppose that this thread meets the first two of your thread-checking test, but I'd say not a single one of her posts is original in any way. Not that she's going for original. She's just trying to irk us (read my previous posts), and, unfortunately, she's doing a pretty good job.
  • linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2010
    Seriously LET THIS THREAD DIE
    edited September 2010
    I don't know if she is purposely trying to IRK us , OR just craves attention, as everyone does, some more than others.

But at the risk of repeating myself for the 20th time today, she has the right to post but I would prefer she learn to spell and use proper grammer, punctuation, and keep the TITLE somewhere below a low roar. To me the loud titles are what is attracting the undue attention.

Psychological analysis of the day over!

edit: At least in My Mind I can look at the thread and say "oh that thread is 15 pages long! wow there must be some merit in it" instead of Grrrr! it's (you know who) again, with a thread title that goes on for More than 1 line and shouts in a bunch of big caps , thus attracting a heard of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who don't even know why they're opening the thread.
  • Island6Island6 Posts: 2,664 New Member
    edited September 2010
    How do you guys come with the conclusion that she's a troll? She's just wondering if it was true or not.
    edited September 2010
    Island6 wrote:
    How do you guys come with the conclusion that she's a troll? She's just wondering if it was true or not.

Well, I know because of my own experience with her posts. It's clear to me that she is one. I'm not sure how many of her threads you've seen, but I've had to view countless, which are all asking the same pointless questions, and which also always stretch out for several pages (like this one), usually with people arguing about something off-topic (like we are, now), which makes her a troll.
  • Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited September 2010
    Island6 wrote:

Well, I know because of my own experience with her posts. It's clear to me that she is one. I'm not sure how many of her threads you've seen, but I've had to view countless,
    which are all asking the same pointless questions, and which also always stretch out for several pages (like this one), usually with people arguing about something off-topic (like we are, now), which makes her a troll. [/quote]
    I'm not sure how many of her threads you've seen, but I've had to view countless
    This made me :lol:

Ricmckinney I have seen your posts on the boards a lot and you are interesting.
    Too funny! :wink:
  • TheAshuhlehTheAshuhleh Posts: 259
    edited September 2010
    Wow, some of you are nice.

^^^Agreed.

(Wow, there really DOES need to be a sarcasm font :? )
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited September 2010
    Ricmckinney, wow I've been back on the boards for 5 minutes for the first time in months and I've already seen 4 posts of yours where your telling people how to act, or what to post or not post, and you really like the word troll don't you? Do you know what is almost worse than a troll?

Ah well if it makes you feel important.
  • planieguyplanieguy Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2010
    Loads of people seem to think that optical media is going to fade away, but what some people don't realise is that perhaps some people like having a hard copy of a product they've bought?

If EA does go download only, I won't be buying from them.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2010
    Since I am the one who first pointed out what a pointless thread this is and got called on by some people, I have to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes ABEERKHAN'S posting style as a bid to get attention.

I know a lot of you think we're being mean, but actually it has more to do with the *way* she posts her topic than with anything else. Usually all of her topics are "Duh!" topics; that is, the answer is so obvious that the question shouldn't have been asked...or at least should have been confined to an ongoing thread instead of her making a whole new topic over it. So, yes, I stand by my original post: "Yet another pointless thread."
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • isabelleaebiisabelleaebi Posts: 126
    edited September 2010
    I agree with Jarsie. She's the uber intelligent person around here :mrgreen:

Wouldn't it be stupid and pointless of EA to make this the last EP? We still have lots of ideas to feed EA for EPs.

As someone already said earlier, pointless thread. :roll:
    edited September 2010
    Ricmckinney, wow I've been back on the boards for 5 minutes for the first time in months and I've already seen 4 posts of yours where your telling people how to act, or what to post or not post, and you really like the word troll don't you? Do you know what is almost worse than a troll?

Ah well if it makes you feel important.
    Hmm, that's funny, because aren't you doing what you just described? In the past, yes, I have told ABEERKHAN how to act, you are right, but here that is not the case. Here I am just trying to point out to everyone that she is a troll, and that before people respond to her posts, they should know that she knows full well what's going on here.

Also, no, I don't like the word troll at all. People misuse it quite frequently, which is obnoxious, because threads start turning into flame wars. Jarsie, for example, is falsely accused of being a troll all the time. The only reasons for that are because she doesn't sugar-coat things and because she argues out of fact and logic rather than emotion, unlike most people on here.
    edited September 2010
    oh ricmckinney I just admire your witty humor and logical thinking :mrgreen::lol: :shock:
    edited September 2010
    oh ricmckinney I just admire your witty humor and logical thinking :mrgreen::lol: :shock:

Thank you. :) I like that you're one of the few people who doesn't blindly accuse Jarsie of being a troll! :mrgreen:
    edited September 2010
    Of course she's not a troll, she's a very intelligent sim*cough*person. :mrgreen:

However, ABHEERKAN keeps on denying her flaws, which is something I really dislike.

ABHEERKAN, if you're reading this, I'd suggest you'd stop posting all these unnnecessary threads and accept the fact that you're an attention seeker. What's my proof?

You're thousands and countless posts about questions with obvious answers/Unnecessary threads. :roll:
    Like:
    HELP! My parent's won't allow me to buy Late Night.
    Did EA EVER combined SUNSET VALLEY and RIVERVIEW into ONE world?
    Do you guys like my new Avatar?
    There should be a STUFF PACK about BABIES AND TODDLERS. Who agrees with me?
    Do you want more interactions and objects for Babies and Toddlers?
    What do you guys think of my new Avatar?
    What do you guys think about the Late Night city's name Bridgeport?

And so on and so on... I swear, the full list almost seems as long as a thousand years of torment :mrgreen:

EDIT: btw this is the internet, you shouldn't sound so casual (ie. putting "guys" in most titles of your threads) as you don't know all of us and it makes some simmers think that you're boasting about knowing the entire community. :roll:
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2010
    Of course she's not a troll, she's a very intelligent sim*cough*person. :mrgreen:

Hey! I resemble that remark! ;-D
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited September 2010

However, ABHEERKAN keeps on denying her flaws, which is something I really dislike.

ABHEERKAN, if you're reading this, I'd suggest you'd stop posting all these unnnecessary threads and accept the fact that you're an attention seeker. What's my proof?

You're thousands and countless posts about questions with obvious answers/Unnecessary threads. :roll:
    Like:
    HELP! My parent's won't allow me to buy Late Night.
    Did EA EVER combined SUNSET VALLEY and RIVERVIEW into ONE world?
    Do you guys like my new Avatar?
    There should be a STUFF PACK about BABIES AND TODDLERS. Who agrees with me?
    Do you want more interactions and objects for Babies and Toddlers?
    What do you guys think of my new Avatar?
    What do you guys think about the Late Night city's name Bridgeport?

And so on and so on... I swear, the full list almost seems as long as a thousand years of torment :mrgreen:

EDIT: btw this is the internet, you shouldn't sound so casual (ie. putting "guys" in most titles of your threads) as you don't know all of us and it makes some simmers think that you're boasting about knowing the entire community. :roll:

You know what's sad?! I've seen every one of those threads. The main reason is probably because they always stretch out for 10+ pages of arguing.

:cry: Can't we all just get along?
    edited September 2010
    yes please :(

*brings out coffee and settles for a nice discussion*