Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For God's sake guys.....:/

Comments

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm getting tired of all of this anti-complainer stuff. You know that if EA did something that really disappointed you, you'd be right there with the complainers.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I agree, I mean somethings really annoy me that I've heard about it. Big deal. It's not going to ruin the whole expansion for me. I'm really excited about it and I think it'll be the best one yet!!
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Most people that complain feel they are justified (they may not state a reason but they probably have one) so you're not likely to convince people to stop complaining by posting in such a general fashion. It's far better to just discuss things with people and say where you do and don't agree and why, rather than just telling people to stop complaining you could point out things they may have missed and let them make up their own mind (and if they decide they still don't like the subject it's their choice).

In general I'm far more likely to bring something up if I think it needs to be changed, I'd have preferred it done differently or have some other comment that could be seen to be "negative". If I'm okay with something I'm not as likely to bring it up, I have a harder time pointing out things that I thought were particularly good or are "perfect" because my perfectionist nature means I'm always considering little tweaks or improvements for things. We all have different ways of looking at the world and dealing with things, a lot of people like to just rant about something they don't like to let the bad feelings out and I don't really have a problem with that as long as they aren't attacking anyone. I do prefer seeing more constructive suggestions but sometimes there are things you just don't like at all and can't see a way to improve on them so posting constructively isn't always possible.

Anyway, it's far better to just communicate with people and try to see their point of view then maybe show them another way of looking at things. You don't have to agree with people to get along, there aren't that many things in life where consensus is essential for co-existence (well, maybe if someone's personal code said they had to kill you and you didn't want to let them :)).
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I agree with doodlesim. If you think for one minute there won't be complaints about the game then you live in a fantasy world. Thats just how it is. For example how would our government know what we the people want and need if we don't complain (I.E healthcare or education)? Same goes here. Its only seen as "complaining" when it annoys you,otherwise its "voicing your opinion". It could be a form of passion maybe?
  • spot45spot45 Posts: 143
    edited September 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    Ah, great. THIS topic again.

People have the right to express their opinions. Positive or Negative.
    This is a forum, there will *always* be those that are negative and those that will be positive. It has *always* been this way.

Happened with Ambitions and happened with World Adventures.

People have the right to share their dissapointment. You may not mind about the elevators, but others do. The main selling point for me with this expansion was the elevators. And now that it has been said that they *may* only be part of the rabbit holes,I am extremly dissapointed. And I am allowed to share my dissapointment. Just as you have the right to share your satisfaction with the pack.

The fact is, you cannot dictate other peoples opinions. People said the same before world adventures was released. When everyone was complaining about the lack of sandbox. The same complaint came up in Ambitions. And they were simply told the same thing you say here. "Don't like it, don't buy it", "Stop complaining", and yet...what expansion are we getting now? Oh, a sandbox one. With hot tubs and pianos etc. etc.

The fact is...if no one had complained about these things in the base game(Or the last two expansions for that matter), we probably wouldn't be getting these features at all. The same may happen here. People sharing their dissapointement with the lack of elevators, microphones and DJ booths may lead to the developers adding them into a later pack.

For every positive opinion, there will always be a negative. And thats alright. Because this is a forum, where we are supposed to share our opinions. This forum isn't here to purely praise the game. Its for marketing. Complaints are far more valuable than praise. And thats a fact. The truth is, regardless of wether you like it. People will always complain. Just as people will always praise.

Don't like complaint threads? Skip them, post in a positive one.

Thats all you can really do.

I agree with you to a point. I think people should give LN a chance. The endless complaints are taking up the forums.
  • Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure if I'm on the same track as OP here, but to me there is a difference between being disappointed or wanting something in the game, and being a total Debbie Downer.
    But the latter, I am referring to people who, no matter what the topic, will always be the ones to be kill-joys. I have seen this many, many times since my sims 2 days with many many people.
    I.e., they can't seem to find the positives in anything, every aspect has to be negative. In my head I think , "Does anything please you??"

Personally I just think there are a lot of Debbie Downers! With every EP, there are the people who are positive and are excited about a new ep and new features. They look at the majority of the game with positive feedback. Than you have the people who ALWAYS see the glass half empty. These are the people who try to argue why they see the glass half empty and even try and seem like they are excited about the new EP but.....there is always several buts.
    I would be curious in conducting a study to see how many of these same people respond similarly to other events in their lives.

I wonder how they have fun playing a game like the Sims that never seems to meet their standards...
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm sick of the complaining too. I'm not thrilled there will be no DJ booths, but heck with everything else they're adding I am one happy simmer. The ability to buy other sim's drinks, dance on bars, go clubbing, and crash/be invited to other NPC parties makes up for that one little aspect that I know I can live without.
  • geebee1100geebee1100 Posts: 180 New Member
    edited September 2010
    i agree im fed up with all this complaining all i every read is

these better not be twilight vamps

Petition for dj booths

No dj booths

No elevators

i dont like the new town add better stuff ea!

i come onto the forums daily to find out any new screenshots and news but mostly find COMPLAINING

but the most annoyingest thing is ...

COMPARING THE SIMS 3 TO THE SIMS 2

example

late night better be like nightlife

Sims 2 is better !

it annoys me ! very much they need to accept the sims 3 franchise is onlly starting the sims 2 is finished they need to except ea will never reapeat expansions
    ( the may make one like it but never the same

Sorry i needed to get fid of that anger
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited September 2010
    Simmerd80 wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm on the same track as OP here, but to me there is a difference between being disappointed or wanting something in the game, and being a total Debbie Downer.
    But the latter, I am referring to people who, no matter what the topic, will always be the ones to be kill-joys. I have seen this many, many times since my sims 2 days with many many people.
    I.e., they can't seem to find the positives in anything, every aspect has to be negative. In my head I think , "Does anything please you??"

Personally I just think there are a lot of Debbie Downers! With every EP, there are the people who are positive and are excited about a new ep and new features. They look at the majority of the game with positive feedback. Than you have the people who ALWAYS see the glass half empty. These are the people who try to argue why they see the glass half empty and even try and seem like they are excited about the new EP but.....there is always several buts.
    I would be curious in conducting a study to see how many of these same people respond similarly to other events in their lives.

I wonder how they have fun playing a game like the Sims that never seems to meet their standards...

Lol.

Except for the fact that it's not the same people for every EP. It's a cycle. When something hasn't disappointed you, you think the complainers are being excessive, but when something does disappoint you (and we all get disappointed) you become one of these complainers.

That's why these people complaining about complaining are annoying to me. Someday they'll be on the other side doing what they are criticizing so fervently today.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • jericholicfangirljericholicfangirl Posts: 113
    edited September 2010
    DeadlySimP wrote:
    Stop complaining about everything you DON'T like in Late Night...Do you even like anything in this EP ?.....I find it being the best EP of the 3 without even playing it... :P ...I mean....You complain about vampires being like in twillight and because they have reflections,you complain about the elevators,you complain about pools and penthouses... :roll: ...I can live without all that.....They gave us the subway system....(rabbit hole but something new in the PC series of sims),we have finally grand piano,keyboards,bass and drums...Ok we don't have microphones to make a full band but that's ok....We have sooooo many new thing and you keep on quareling about vampires with reflections and elevators...... :roll:

I say you must be happy with what you've got.....There is always the simple option that everyone knows...Don't buy it..... :?

I am sorry if I am too harsh.... :oops:
    But this is the truth.....

How about stop posting like that. It's only 1 period after a sentence. Not 6 you ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ! :roll:
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited September 2010
    alot of complaing about what we get comes from the today type generation. Where we got to have it now, the I want the me me me, rather than the patience that all should have, everyone wants it right now with no waiting.

As for weather or not one game is better than another, of course some like what was more than what is, so ok then go back to the what was, and leave the what is to its fans.

whats in a pack, geesh, how much space do you want or even have to add to. All can't go into one pack, it would make it so large it would take all day just to add it to a game, but all in all, i am sure this is just the start of complaints.

Me I look forward to each expansion with expectations of oh my what is in this what can i do with this. Rather than ack.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited September 2010
    DeadlySimP wrote:
    Stop complaining about everything you DON'T like in Late Night...Do you even like anything in this EP ?.....I find it being the best EP of the 3 without even playing it... :P ...I mean....You complain about vampires being like in twillight and because they have reflections,you complain about the elevators,you complain about pools and penthouses... :roll: ...I can live without all that.....They gave us the subway system....(rabbit hole but something new in the PC series of sims),we have finally grand piano,keyboards,bass and drums...Ok we don't have microphones to make a full band but that's ok....We have sooooo many new thing and you keep on quareling about vampires with reflections and elevators...... :roll:

I say you must be happy with what you've got.....There is always the simple option that everyone knows...Don't buy it..... :?

How about stop posting like that. It's only 1 period after a sentence. Not 6 you ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ! :roll:
    How about you stop being rude?

Reported.
  • DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited September 2010
    How about stop posting like that. It's only 1 period after a sentence. Not 6 you ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ!

Well you are such a troll....
    I like writing like that because it's my signature type...
    And I made this thread for logical people that have the mind to talk like REAL humans...Not like your rude ways...You are so Fudging annoying....Reported....
  • pugger64pugger64 Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    Ah, great. THIS topic again.

People have the right to express their opinions. Positive or Negative.
    This is a forum, there will *always* be those that are negative and those that will be positive. It has *always* been this way.

Happened with Ambitions and happened with World Adventures.

People have the right to share their dissapointment. You may not mind about the elevators, but others do. The main selling point for me with this expansion was the elevators. And now that it has been said that they *may* only be part of the rabbit holes,I am extremly dissapointed. And I am allowed to share my dissapointment. Just as you have the right to share your satisfaction with the pack.

The fact is, you cannot dictate other peoples opinions. People said the same before world adventures was released. When everyone was complaining about the lack of sandbox. The same complaint came up in Ambitions. And they were simply told the same thing you say here. "Don't like it, don't buy it", "Stop complaining", and yet...what expansion are we getting now? Oh, a sandbox one. With hot tubs and pianos etc. etc.

The fact is...if no one had complained about these things in the base game(Or the last two expansions for that matter), we probably wouldn't be getting these features at all. The same may happen here. People sharing their dissapointement with the lack of elevators, microphones and DJ booths may lead to the developers adding them into a later pack.

For every positive opinion, there will always be a negative. And thats alright. Because this is a forum, where we are supposed to share our opinions. This forum isn't here to purely praise the game. Its for marketing. Complaints are far more valuable than praise. And thats a fact. The truth is, regardless of wether you like it. People will always complain. Just as people will always praise.

Don't like complaint threads? Skip them, post in a positive one.

Thats all you can really do.

agreed
  • pugger64pugger64 Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2010
    LittleV wrote:
    DeadlySimP wrote:

Reported.

yeah, I always do that with everything I do but I space them out cause it looks better. . . and also if you knew anything about the english language you'd know that these (. . . or ...) are called ellipsis marks, look it up. . .
    edited September 2010
    pugger64 wrote:
    LittleV wrote:
    DeadlySimP wrote:

Reported.

yeah, I always do that with everything I do but I space them out cause it looks better. . . and also if you knew anything about the english language you'd know that these (. . . or ...) are called ellipsis marks, look it up. . .

Well...I like doing this because... :?
    Well...I don't know....I am used to it....xDDD
    It's like doing a reset to my hands so I can type faster... :wink:
  • WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I find it funny that some of the people going "Gah, complainers are annoying!" are the very same people I have seen complain. Some about DJ booths, a few about no microphones, some about more african hairstyles, some about Barnacle Bay, and I could go on. :lol:

And yes, this is a complaint thread. Don't try to sugar coat it with "I just express my feeling" cause that's what complaining is.

edited September 2010
    I find it funny that some of the people going "Gah, complainers are annoying!" are the very same people I have seen complain. Some about DJ booths, a few about no microphones, some about more african hairstyles, some about Barnacle Bay, and I could go on. :lol:

And yes, this is a complaint thread. Don't try to sugar coat it with "I just express my feeling" cause that's what complaining is.

Well...Ok...
    If you want this to be a complaining thread...
    I just complain with a less annoying and more logical way...
    In a few words....I am just being optimistic
  • hopping_crazyhopping_crazy Posts: 483
    edited September 2010
    I cant wait for the new grand pianos thank god their not the crappy little woodin ones u see in the old black and white movies like they had in the sims 2:)
    edited September 2010
    I cant wait for the new grand pianos thank god their not the crappy little woodin ones u see in the old black and white movies:)

Yes I am really excited about the grand pianos too...I just can't wait to hear the music they will play...Or maybe a ghost pianist.... :D
    edited September 2010
    I cant wait for the new grand pianos thank god their not the crappy little woodin ones u see in the old black and white movies like they had in the sims 2:)

EDIT :
    Well the site is having fun again
    Double posting is back,Alright..... :?
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited September 2010
    DeadlySimP, you are so right, I've been away from the boards for awhile and I was bored tonight so peeked in and wow! Late Night is not even out and people hate it!

I think it looks great, also I am just happy for any new Sims stuff.

Happy Simming!
  • boredomkillsboredomkills Posts: 1,134 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Let people complain. Telling them to stop is ludicrous. They're not going to.
  • gemnichgemnich Posts: 196
    edited September 2010
    When i complain i complain like you. i complain about people complaining. I am sick of everyone saying 'this is a good ep but.....' If there is a 'but' why mention it while saying it's a good ep? Answer that for me.
    edited September 2010
    [/i]
    gemnich wrote:
    When i complain i complain like you. i complain about people complaining. I am sick of everyone saying 'this is a good ep but.....' If there is a 'but' why mention it while saying it's a good ep? Answer that for me.

I mean...We haven't seen anything....and I mean ANYTHING and people started saying that this EP is garbage....We have only seen the trailer and read a few previews THAT the writers of the previews are not sure about what this EP contains....
    I mean...Late Night is still BETA.Things may change until the release.... :wink: