Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed

pahleezepahleeze Posts: 2 New Member
I couldn't wait for Sims 3 to come out. Now I wish I hadn't spent the money for it. I'm not sure exactly what I expected from all the hoop-la that EA generated about this game. I think in my wildest imagination the game would offer all that Sims 2 does- the bookcase would allow my Sims to learn faster, building would be fun etc but more hi-tech(?) meaning my people could walk down the streets and visit people etc. I couldn't wait to see what new furniture, buildings, appliances etc would be included in the game.

The clothes, hairstyles, makeup and furniture are just ugly. There are not many choices for decorating etc. The people who created the furniture, floor carpet, tiles, paint etc must be first year artists because it looks pathetic! Nope just a big disappointment for me. THEN, to top it off EA (greedy guts) want me to BUY extras that should have come with the game!@#$@$@!

At least I can go back to good ole Sims 2 with all the expansion packs.

Comments

• SursionSursion Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I paid $78 for mine. I'm thinking about returning it but I've already used the car code. Hopefully the Futureshop employee's don't know about that.
  • DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited June 2009
    It's sad to hear that people spend so much money on games they don't like after playing for a while. I like The Sims 3 although I do think there are some things that can be improved (oh boy I see the sims 4...) but yes resell it or something while it's hot! Some people would love to get a discount on this game. Many of my working friends cannot afford it. <--- student
  • AngofluvndeathAngofluvndeath Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I feel the exact same way. The sims , in my opinion, looked better in The Sims2 than in The Sims 3. Not only that but you can't go into half of the community lots and that bugs the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 outta me. I have to say there are a lot of cool new items, but I missed being able to toggle with their personalities, but the traits thiing is okay. Its harder to figure out, its way more complex than ts2. They got rid of hot tubs, changing stations for the babies, and the piano. I can't find any of these things anywhere. My sim would go out in his car come back in a taxi and the car would be gone. 🐸🐸🐸🐸. not only that but saving has gotten way more difficult and the over all game is just a headache cause you gotta figure everything out first. A plus though is the new hospital feature when a sim is giving birth and they dont have to wear those ugly maternity outfits anymore.
  • gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You never know though how the game will work if they keep EVERYTHING and also have the new stuff. Might blow up peoples computers lol. There's probably a reason they don't have this stuff. As for the creator of this forum. okay ur dissappointed, others love it. Not everyone is gonna love or hate something so if you don't like it then don't play it. (refund sell wutever.) it's part of life to buy something and not like it. For future reference a good idea would be to maybe hold off on buying it until you read other peoples opinions.