Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No SimPoints? Here's how I got mine:

Edited to remove wordiness. This has been helpful to some, so I don't want to scare people off, lol.

This is an edit (to remove personal info) of my support request:
(The first quote is my whole e-mail. The second is required info if you don't copy-paste.)

Go to http://support.ea.com/ , and click on 'Email Us' under 'Support Links' on the left-hand menu. Sign in; then:

1) Choose your platform.
2) From the Game drop down, select 'The Sims 3 and Expansions' and 'The Sims™ 3 Store' beside that.
3) Select 'Game Information' and 'Promotions / Special Offers' for your category.
After entering a valid serial key and registering at TheSims3.com and at The Sims 3 Store, my account has still not been credited $10 worth of FREE SimPoints as promised through the promotional offer.

I am sure I have followed all instructions given across the site exactly; specifically, those outlined in your FAQ.

I have tried to redeem them several times, but my account balance remains 0 SimPoints. The "'Get Started' button (by the animated screen)" is not present at http://store.thesims3.com , nor do I have a "'Redeem Free Sim Points' orange button" - that EA shows should exist, as seen in their own FAQ image - at http://store.thesims3.com » 'My Account'.

Here is the additional information you will need:

- Full Name :
- My EA Account Name :
- E-mail Address as Listed on the Account :
- Any Alternate E-mail Address I Use:
- My Game Registration Code :
- Date of Birth :
- Zip Code :

Please look at my account personally and manually add the free SimPoints if need be. Thank you.
EA customer support will at least need the following in your request, so include this info along with an explanation of your problem if you don't use my e-mail:
- Full Name :
- My EA Account Name :
- E-mail Address as Listed on the Account :
- Any Alternate E-mail Address I Use:
- My Game Registration Code :
- Date of Birth :
- Zip Code :

When I sent the above e-mail, I included screenshots of http://store.thesims3.com and http://store.thesims3.com » 'My Account'. Attaching screenshots of those pages will give evidence that the answer in their FAQ doesn't apply to you; therefore, (hopefully) help you avoid the "canned response" many are getting.

I would like to add that I didn't hear anything at all from an EA rep for 4 days, so it may take time. That being said, the effort and wait was well worth it now that I have my points.

Hopefully, you'll all have the same success. Good luck :thumbup:

Comments

• CindiehCindieh Posts: 308 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the first time i had sent them an email i got this back;

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused. Our Knowledge Base is consistently updated to ensure that you can reference it for even the most recent issues.

I have included the link to the article and I have taken the liberty of copying the information related to your issue below:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22229

If you have anyquestions about this material or have any additionalquestions about your issue, please let us know. Takecare.

Thank you,

EA Rep Simon
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts
  • dandebirdsdandebirds Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cindieh wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused. Our Knowledge Base is consistently updated to ensure that you can reference it for even the most recent issues.

I have included the link to the article [...]
    That is very similar to the response I received to my first e-mail. It can be frustrating!

Even more frustrating was the fact that I tried sending a second through the 'Email Us' link found here at http://easims.custhelp.com/ , only to discover days later that it hadn't even gone through their system - which is absolutely why I recommend using the support pages at EA's parent site instead (http://support.ea.com/).

My first e-mail wasn't as evolved, and I certainly didn't include additional information (full name, serial key, zip, etc.) or screenshots. Like others, I didn't think it had to be so complicated.

I posted the above "template" because it's the one I had success with.

I'm trying to take the guesswork out of it and help out those who say they don't know what to say or comment that it requires too much effort of them that EA shouldn't require in the first place. (Read: I agree, people! Don't take that the wrong way!) I'm simply trying to make the process easier and help others wake up to the same e-mail I did:
    I have manually credited "1000 Sims Points" to your account.
  • SuzieQ7SuzieQ7 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My initial message to them was five days ago and I got the generic response that same day. I've made two updates since then (one 3 days ago, one yesterday), but they don't seem to be responding to my updates.

So my question is, did you update your question at all and receive a response after that? Or did you just email them again?

edited June 2009
    SuzieQ7 wrote:
    So my question is, did you update your question at all and receive a response after that? Or did you just email them again?
    I sent an entirely separate e-mail.

When I received the generic response (e-mail #1), I tried updating my question twice here but found after visiting http://support.ea.com/ that it hadn't been updated at all, which is why I urge everyone to go to their parent site instead. (A second support request sent through easims.custhelp.com also never made it through their system, so it's obviously buggy.)

Even if your initial support request hasn't been resolved, send them a new e-mail from support.ea.com. I can't speak for everyone, but updating did me absolutely no good until I sent the new e-mail through their parent site.
  • DocCeCeDocCeCe Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They added my points right away when I clcked the orange button. Don't know if they've fixed the problem or if I just got lucky.
    edited June 2009
    A little bump for those still having problems redeeming their points :wink:

If you would like to contribute, please post the following info in this thread:
    -What version of the game do you have? (Regular or Collector's)
    -What Web Browser are you using?
    -What Country/Launguage combo did you use to intall your game?

Thanks!

edited June 2009
    dandebirds wrote:
    SuzieQ7 wrote:
    I sent an entirely separate e-mail.

When I received the generic response (e-mail #1), I tried updating my question twice here but found after visiting http://support.ea.com/ that it hadn't been updated at all, which is why I urge everyone to go to their parent site instead. (A second support request sent through easims.custhelp.com also never made it through their system, so it's obviously buggy.)

I had updated mine through easims.custhelp.com, but when I checked on support.ea.com the updates had made it through. Either way, I decided to send them another e-mail with all the information, so hopefully I'll get a response this time.
    edited June 2009
    SuzieQ7 wrote:
    I had updated mine through easims.custhelp.com, but when I checked on support.ea.com the updates had made it through. Either way, I decided to send them another e-mail with all the information, so hopefully I'll get a response this time.
    That makes me wonder, then, how much good "updating your question" actually does unless a rep specifically asks for information first, considering the amount of time you've been waiting for a reply...

Anyway, good luck with your current support request!
    Hopefully, you'll receive a quick response.
  • NiltyNilty Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'll have to give this a go I was on phone with a rep for quite a while earlier today and had no luck.

I have had 2 tickets open for a week now, 1 for this and 1 for the CE car (which is probably related..) My registration didn't complete correct. Profile shows Standard version and I own a CE and CE claim won't work for a standard account

Well This problem seems too common I have to have faith it should be fixed soon.. but is frustrating.
    edited June 2009
    Nilty wrote:
    Well This problem seems too common I have to have faith it should be fixed soon.. but is frustrating.
    /agree; I was credited my points the other day by sending the above e-mail, but it took four days for me to get a reply. However, other people are reporting copy-pasting the e-mail and getting points as early as within the hour.

Good luck getting your SimPoints and on resolving the issue with your CE car. A lot of people are reporting problems with that as well, but I'm not as informed there - I was "frugal" and bought the regular version instead ;)
    edited June 2009
    I have SimPoints!
  • siusnnhsiusnnh Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:OMG THANK YOU :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    edited June 2009
    well the above email worked for me right away I think they are getting used to this problem.

I sent a ticket in last Friday was never resolved.. Called them today.. No fix.. Sent that email again today and was fixed real quick.

now if they can only fix my registration to show I have the CE and let me claim my CE car
    edited June 2009
    LOL, you're welcome. And congrats, guys!

:wink:
    *teensy-tiny, itty-bitty bump*
  • misszoecatmisszoecat Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Got my points added today, thanks so much Dandebirds. My Hero :P :mrgreen:
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I sent an email 4 days ago to EA asking about my simpoints,
    I used another template that was posted up on the forum
    It was not as good as yours, I'm guessing thats why I've not heard back from them.

So..

Thank you for your template. :)
    I'm going to try yours see if that works.
    Last time I did not add any screen shots but this time I shall.

Wish me luck.

(Did anyone actually receive there free simpoints? I don't know anyone that has... :S) Bad EA.....
    edited June 2009
    yeah a friend of mien got her car and Sim points no problem.. However I didn't get my points or Car..

I finally got my points after opening a ticket with this template to that queue.. quite quicklly too.. If freebie points are missing this is teh wya to get it fixed..

I think they are more used to fixing the issue now then a week ago when I 1st had the issue.

Now if they can only offer support for our missing collectors edition cards and why our profile doesn't show the special icon for CE when we paid the extra cash for it.
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:

Wish me luck.
    You're welcome, and good luck! Give us an update and a bump if it works out ;)
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dandebirds wrote:
    Lillyweed wrote:

Wish me luck.
    You're welcome, and good luck! Give us an update and a bump if it works out ;)

Hello, I got an email back today finaly. :D
    Thank so much Dandebirds.
    Here is the email I got:

After reviewing your account I was able to determine you did not receive the free Sim points. As this is the case, I have gone ahead and made a one time manual adjustment of 1000 point to your Sims 3 Store account. I am sorry for the delay, you should be able to login and see the points in your store account within the next few minutes after this email is sent. Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now what to spend it on?
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited June 2009
    :D Yay!!! Problem solved, just recieved e-mail and my simpoints!! Recieved apolgy stating that they were backlogged because of so many requests. I am just happy the issue is now resolved...And it took me all of about 10 minutes to spend every penny :D
  • kittysbecutekittysbecute Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! I just got my simpoints! :D
  • DerekC1990DerekC1990 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I'm trying to follow your guide, but it says I need to log in. Well I don't have an account so I try to make one but then it says that my email is in use, so I go back and say "forgot password" and type in my email but it says no account is registered to that email... any ideas?
    edited June 2009
    Congrats, on your successes to the three above Derek! Enjoy spending your SimPoints ;)

DerekC1990 wrote:
    Well I'm trying to follow your guide, but it says I need to log in. Well I don't have an account so I try to make one but then it says that my email is in use, so I go back and say "forgot password" and type in my email but it says no account is registered to that email... any ideas?
    Hmm... Whatever account information you're using to sign in here should be valid at their support site as well.

EA changed how account login works by switching to e-mail sign-ins as opposed to username sign-ins. If you're able to login here using your username, you probably have an older account which needs to be upgraded. If that's the case, you can upgrade your account here.

If you login to http://www.thesims3.com/ using your e-mail address, however, you've seem to run into a problem many are having here lately across several EA sites.

The only suggestion I really have is to clear your browser's cache and cookies and try again. If you're still unable to sign in and are using any browser other than Firefox or Google Chrome, download one or the other and try signing in from it. That usually fixes most account errors.

If you're still encountering a problem, some people have reported clicking the link to change your password at http://www.thesims3.com/myaccount » 'Edit Account Info' , while not actually changing your password (i.e., enter your current password in all fields and confirm), solves the problem. Just sign out and back in afterward.

If it's easier for you to use http://easims.custhelp.com/ , do that. I've read others have used the help pages here at TheSims3.com with more success than I had when I used it, so it appears to be less buggy now than it initially was. I would only recommend that you fill in the template and have any screenshots you're going to submit with your request (if you choose to do so) at-the-ready before visiting the site to avoid your session timing out.

Good luck.

You may start a new thread here in Technical Discussion and get some feedback from people who've had the same issue as you. I've not and am probably leaving something to be desired in the way of helpful and informative suggestions.
  • DerekC1990DerekC1990 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Changed my password (it requires changing it to a new one, then changing it back) and used only lowercase letters when typing my account name to log in seems to have fixed the issue. Not sure which thing fixed it, because I did both at once but it worked. I'm going to email them now, thanks for the help =]
  • krr1313krr1313 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Another thanks Dandebirds!

Took a couple of days, but like Judywork above, the email included an apology for the delay.