Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

He won't die!

I created a sim to be with a child sim I wanted to play. The idea was for the elder sim to be a gradfather figure. Unfortunately it would not let me create the relationship for grandfather so they had to be roomies. Which ended up being creepy despite the fact that I tried to pretend he was her grandfather.

Anyway, back on topic, he's being going for over 210 sim days, and he will not die. His life meter has been full for ages, but he keeps plodding along. Now that my child sim is all grown up, and has twins of her own, she needs the space. I don't want to just kick him out as that seems mean, (well ok, compared to killing him maybe not so mean), but I want the 'family' continuity.

Does anyone know how long past the meter they are supposed to live? Any known bugs around this?

Cheers!

Comments

• saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Are you playing the long lifespan (190 days)? If so, then your game is completely normal. The quoted lifespan is just the minimum amount of days your sim must live to officially die of old age, most go over it. My sim on normal lifespan lived 27 days past the meter (he was vegetarian and had managed the marathon runner challenge), so in total he lived 4/3 of the suggested lifespan.

If however you are playing on normal lifespan (90 days) then this is severely not normal.
  • sylvaniksylvanik Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    saricaelinor, (great name but I had to copy and paste ;p)

Thanks for this! Yup on 190. Seriously considering reducing back down to 90. Teens are teens for way to long!

Thanks again!
  • katelyn_ykatelyn_y Posts: 240 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you want to keep the lifespan where it is, there is a harmless and easy cheat to make sims get older or die. Just bring up the cheat bar (Ctrl+shift+C) and type in: 'testingcheatsenabled true' and then click on the sim you want to age WHILE pressing the shift button. Then you have the option to 'Trigger age transition' aka make them go to the next stage of their life and if they are an elder, that's death. :)
  • saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Or, without cheating, you age them up by blowing out the candles with the birthday cake at any stage of their life.
  • katelyn_ykatelyn_y Posts: 240 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Or, without cheating, you age them up by blowing out the candles with the birthday cake at any stage of their life.

Good point! I forgot about that :P I always just do the cheat cuz I have this weird thing about my stupid sims leaving birthday cake slices all over the house XDD
  • sylvaniksylvanik Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! I did think about using the cake, but I figured it would work on an elder. That's a bit morbid though isn't it? Have a party serve a cake and cheer when they die?
    hehe... gonna have to try that!

Cheers!