Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spillway Ambitions missing object from CAW

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
A TEST UPLOAD

This must be a first I'm showing off a lot in the CAW section, before you move this thread, this is the spillway from Ambitions, used in a 10 by 10 lot, you can download and add this to your world, you can move and edit the lot in caw.

Screenshot-3-27.png

Screenshot-2-34.jpg

This is also a test upload, should you think this is a good idea and wish to see more of the missing CAW objects in this format, please say so.

I'm just trying to see if it's worth doing any more, many thanks.

Download link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2978701

Comments

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2010
    Well, this is interesting. Can users place this lot in a world, perhaps appearing under community objects catalogue, or, is this strictly for CAW use?
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited August 2010
    The lot works, like any other lot in the game, you can edit and change the lot anyway you please.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2010
    Fascinating. It looks so large in the pic but I see it's on a 10X10 lot. I'm not precisely sure how a user would use this in game but curiousity has me. I'm downloading to get a look at it in game. Could you verify if it is with community objects as I suspect?

BTW, hope the beta testing you've been doing with your world is going well. It's been enjoyable watching the world progress.

EDIT - Oops, my bad. Forgot to say thank you for sharing!
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited August 2010
    im a litte confused by how this works, but im very interested, sorry for the short message, but im wondering how it could be placed up against a road ? can the object be moved off the lot, or is it right beside the edge,

iv been trying to get the objects in the metadata, so far only got them working within twinbrook in CAW, although your alot more smarter than me when it comes to these files, perhaps you could figure out a way,
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited August 2010
    DOLLDRMS1

Your best having play about with the lot, I moved it onto 10 by 10, so it would take very little room up on your world, I used the moveobjects on cheat to move the object around the lot. You can also use the constrainfloorelevation false cheat to move the object up and down. The lot can be placed like any other lot, so you would need to place the lot in the ingame world, you can do this while in CAW. I hope this helps.
    The beta test with my current world is going fine, more or less completed, I still got a few tweaks and to Iron out and I wish to play the game a little with the world before release, but I'm on target for the end of the month upload.

drowssap

Still making test into this, I've got the Iron Bridge working in the game editor in the main game, I'm taking the approach to try and get them to work so you can edit them when you load the ingame editor in CAW. When you exit the ingame editor it then loads the object in CAW, so to speak, here's a pic of the steadfast bridge in the game editor

Untitled-25.jpg

Thou this might look like a step forward, this trick did not work with the Spillway and many of the other objects, I'm trying to work out why.

Using the objects inside lots was a workaround, I might not be able to get them inside CAW itself.

You might be onto something with the metadata, I've not really looked into that very much.

The lots can be used up against roads, but that Spillway is huge :lol:, it might need some very fancy road manipulation. Your best just place the lot back from the road and use the moveobject cheats constrainfloorelevation and then when you get back into CAW you can move the lot around in CAW.

• MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited August 2010
    Please let us know if you can do it or not! :D