Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disc Authorization Failure

xFOXxxFOXx Posts: 11 New Member
HELP!

I'm from the UK, and a mac user. (Leopard 10.5.7)

I've installed the game and when I get to the part to pick a town the following message pops up:
Disc Authorization Failure
We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3.
Please contact customer services.

I have to accept the following message, and when I do the game quits itself.
I was really looking forward to playing it too

I bought The Sims from the GAME store last week, and today I swapped the disc for a new one in store in case there was a problem with the disc itself.

I've tried all the FAQ on this site, and they're no help.

Comments

• LadyLuck61687LadyLuck61687 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009

It does the same to me too. Have you tried just starting it over again? I've done that after it gives me that message. Sometimes it will give me the message again, I restart the game and for some odd reason, it starts up like it was never a problem.

I don't understand why they need a disc authorization after I've bought it with all $63 DOLLARS of MY U.S. MONEY, and registered it to get my European sports car that comes with the Collector's Edition.
  • xFOXxxFOXx Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeahh, and I've un-installed and re-installed.
    It's really irritating.
    I've sent a message to EA so hopefully they'll get back to me soon, I really want to play it!

I have the Collector's Edition too, not much use at the moment though.
  • AshLovesSimsAshLovesSims Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine is doing the same thing!

When I get to the menu to choose which family/town I want to play with, it gives me that Disc Authorization Failure message.

So far, I've been able to eject the disc, insert it again, and it will work fine. But, I'm really scared that one time it's not gonna work and then I'll just be out $55. :shock:

If you guys hear back from EA, please post and let us know what they tell you!

Thanks!
  • HugandkissmeHugandkissme Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You aren't the only ones to be having this problem. I've had it a few times and tried a few different things that people have said fix it...

-Ejecting and restarting the computer
    -Starting the game without the disc and waiting for it to ask for it

Results have varied.

I've also un-installed, updated, reinstalled, repaired disk permissions.
  • xFOXxxFOXx Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have emailed EA.
    So as soon as I here back, I shall post it on here.

I tried doing this "-Starting the game without the disc and waiting for it to ask for it"
    but then the graphics didn't load properly. It's all one big problem really.
    Although I guess it's good to know it's not just happening to me.
  • EmmzyiscoolEmmzyiscool Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Heyy :)

I had the same problem, since the 5th when it was realised, til this morning
    They issued me with the rights to download the game from EA download manager, and now it works fine.

Yes I've taken time out of my simming time to tell you this :)

Hope it all works out :)
  • pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Same thing is starting to happen to me too. So far restarting my iMac has always solved the problem. I admit though it's a bit annoying to have to do this.
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've found this happens less often if I don't leave the disk in the drive when I don't intend to play the game for a while - like taking the batteries out of something if you don't intend to use it for a while, or draining the fuel from my RC truck...
  • gulliversimsgulliversims Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Heyy :)

They issued me with the rights to download the game from EA download manager, and now it works fine.

I am having the same problem on my Mac, all the tips suggested don't seem to work.
    I bought The Sims 3 from Game last week and it was working perfectly until today.

How did you get them to issue you with the rights to download the game Emmzy? Did you email customer services or someone?
  • tomkemp4tomkemp4 Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had this same problem.

I installed the game on the evening it was released and it worked fine for almost 2 weeks. Then, it suddenly started giving this message and failing to run. Nothing on the iMac had changed during that time.

My machine has 2 external USB harddrives, which are used with Time Machine and as an archive for downloads, in order to reduce the amount of stuff on my internal disk. I had to eject these 2 disks before the game would play.

Then it stopped giving the error and resumed working again for a while.

I confess I have now used a no-cd crack to overcome this problem. I have bought a genuine copy of the game, installed it and registered it correctly. The game is - and always will be - installed only on my own computer. I have no wish to support piracy in any way. However, when the properly installed genuine copy of the game starts preventing me from running it, I feel the use of the crack is justified.

The bonus is that not only is the game now running without rejecting the genuine disk but I no longer have to risk scratching the disk by inserting it whenever I want to play the game. :wink:
  • tomkemp4tomkemp4 Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2009
    The patch seems to have fixed this issue. Thankyou EA.

Unfortunately, it did remove the no-CD hack - but it also removed the need for it, so fair is fair. :lol:
  • Care_starsCare_stars Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had this same "Disk Authorization Faliure" problem since the other day when I downloaded the game update. I unistalled, reinstalled, and even re-downloaded the update. Nothing was working until magically, it just did work. I don't know why, I don't know if it will again. But I guess just try ejecting the CD and put it in again and see if it works. I was really upset yesterday, called EA support and they offered NO help! The tech guy just made me delete the history on my browser and that was it and it didn't work. So I don't know why it magically worked this time, but just trust it might if you try it over again enough. Oh, and when it did, the speed worked the way it should, or at least faster. So it's worth it lol.

Good luck
  • KelasunriseKelasunrise Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    What works for me, when I get that error message this is what I do.

1) Exit out of all running programs (including internet and background)
    2) Disconnect any external hardrives, USB sticks or any other usb connection products (not including mouse)
    3) Disconect Internet cable/ disable wireless to your computer
    4) Eject disk
    5) Re- insert current play disk
    6) Try to open game again

If the above steps didn't work.

1) Eject Disk
    2) Re-start computer
    3) Repeat steps 1)-6) excluding 4)

If none of these steps work then lets now examine any programs currently on your hard drive

1) Open your Applications folder/ where you keep your computer programs
    2) Search for any disk emulation/ copy software For example,

Sound Flower
    Fantom CD Emulator
    Alcohol 120%
    Nero Image Drive
    Phantom CD
    Clone CD
    Ark Virtual Drive
    Veritas DLA
    Daemon Tools

Either disable of uninstall (Keep backup copy of program/ reinstaller!)

Repeat first steps 1)-6)

If it STILL wont work then contact EA and hope for the best!
    Goodluck :mrgreen:

(Background Information: Macbook on OS;10.6.4)
  • EmileezyEmileezy Posts: 66 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Mine just started doing this aswell! I hope we get some help, asap :lol:
  • xoash1xoxoash1xo Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    The games need to be installed in the order they are released... You can look on wiki for release dates
  • 9splat59splat5 Posts: 318 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I find that turning my airport off before I open the launcher helps.
  • atorrieri123atorrieri123 Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    this still happens to me and its 2013...... so they obviously did not fix the problem and i called customer service and spent like 2 hours waiting and they fixed it but now it popped up again and im getting really annoyed. they need to fix this problem!
  • KeeLaurKeeLaur Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    I had the same problem. I uninstalled everything, installed origin, and installed everything from Origins, not the cd and the "Disk authorization failure" message went away.

Heres how http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/671744.page