Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• mnm313mnm313 Posts: 140
    edited August 2010
    chez_mimi wrote:
    i get this annoying glitch when babies are invisible but a massive outsretched arm :evil:, reply if you have a soultion.
    ps. I am new to forums how do you set one up? :!:

All that you have to do is click "back to forum index".Then go to whatever subject you want.then click new topic. and there you go! :D
  • popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited August 2010
    Dollet i agree my game launcher was a broken it was keep saying "Game isnt conpatible or something" like that!Lol
    What i tried is unistalling my game and it worked but its letting me play my game its just there is still something wrong with it ...:(:)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • dsignercarlydsignercarly Posts: 192
    edited August 2010
    How there is no pets! It annoys me!
  • dsignercarlydsignercarly Posts: 192
    edited August 2010
    The game suddenly shutting down and you lose all of your work so I'm paranoid about saving it every five minutes, thinking it's going to shut down.

I do that too! and it's not even like that happens to me that often...
  • TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2010
    Only one thing that bothers me? Well the crashes sure aren't fun to deal with, especially when I'm working on a house. I'll add this to the list too though it's with the Sims 3 store: I can't buy points. It says my valid credit card info is invalid and then it says the service is unavailable and has for two months. Now I can't find sim points on the EA store either so no matter what I can't get more points. That's the biggest pet peeve of all; how am I supposed to play if I can't even get new stuff to play with? Good going EA.
  • darthvader13darthvader13 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2010
    ERROR 12!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • TheJoeyx2TheJoeyx2 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Can't figure out how to lock doors. =(
  • krose240krose240 Posts: 14,363 New Member
    edited August 2010
    not enough skin color options!!! UGH!!!!!
    oh and you click the door you want to lock to pull up an options panel that allows you to lock it to certain people hope that helps anyone who doesnt know how to lock doors, like the person above me...
  • thecatprincessthecatprincess Posts: 308
    edited August 2010
    I have a few. First off, Sims 3 is VERY glitchy. I was trying to make a rainbowcy-legacy thingy, WHATEVER IT'S CALLED. Lol. (I'm naming the babies after food/desserts...) And the first kid? It was glitchy. I remember a few weeks ago, one of the daughters, when she was first born, was half brown, half light tan. :/ It bugged me, and then I went nuts. I know that the most recent one was because it had some adult clothes, but now I'm having a problem deleting it. You see, I deleted it from the launcher, and I've tried deleting it from the game, but I had no success. I've spent over an hour trying to fix it, but still, the glitchy, ugly toddler is still like that. :/

Second, everybody wants PETS!!! Just make pets!!! I'm going nuts without them! More varieties of dogs, cats, and bring in some new pets, too! Turtles, horses, cows, leopards, make a whole zoo! Adopt animals, visit them, play with them, feed them, and, if they are meant to, ride them! PLEASE MAKE PETS EXPANSION PACK!!! And no, I'm not an annoying troll. I remember on FB, near the time that the Sims 3 was about to come out, everybody wanted pets. ;) Yeah, good ol' days, when everybody would start posting, 'We want pets!'.

And lastly, it always has annoying updates, or something is wrong with it. Do you see how old my account is? I only RECENTLY got my Sims 3 game to work. Yeah, it had a BIG problem. And then the sims 3 site, when I try to log into my account, says that there is no such account. It gets very, VERY, annoying. My account finally worked, and now I FINALLY got onto here. It's been a while, and I've missed so many good things. :C

Please look into these problems and try to solve them, EA, to help simmers have more fun than they currently.

~Cat
  • MaxisMattMaxisMatt Posts: 423 Member
    edited August 2010
    I think its getting too much like real life and not the sims world. For example the WA locations are real place :/ remember in the sims 1 it was just vacation island and in sims 2 it was twiki island and so on
  • SimsMastergirlSimsMastergirl Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2010
    For me its that there is no weather and certin things that were awesome in TS2 Arnt in TS3 :shock:
    tumblr_mrvfonTRwm1rp3b5eo1_500.gif
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited August 2010
    A few things, some of which recently started happening-

1) Married couples lately have been taking the wives names. I'm as modern as the next girl, but kind of a stickler for tradition in some areas. I'd rather it default to the male's last name. Babies are also getting their mother's last name, even if their not married I'd rather have the baby take their dad's name. It's a pain in the butt to have to go to city hall and change their names every time that happens. At least give us the option to choose which name to use.

2)Lately couples married by story progession haven't been moving in together. Iqbal Alvi & Erin Kennedy got married but still live in their own homes. Two single sims I created also married while I played another household, and I had to use a cheat to get her into the household, just in time for her to have her baby.

3)Options can't be set for each individual game. We may want story progression on for one game and off for another, or different life spans set for each game.

4)We can't delete styles we hate. All my Riverview teen girls have that hideous mop top mohawk style, and it's driving me crazy. I also hate tattoos, and even though I deleted the tattoo parlor, townies can still get one at the spa, or newbies to town can show up with them.

5)We should be able to randomize our adoptions, instead of always having to choose a boy or girl. Sometimes I want to be surprised. A random baby name generator would also be nice.

6) "Melonie can't stay home alone. Call a babysitter or stay home" How about adding "Take her with you" to the choices? It would be easier just to have the go back and pick up the baby then having to start the action all over again.

Okay, so that's more than one, but there's never just one thing that annoys me.
    It's always several things. I'm just like that.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2010
    The rate that appliances break! One of my sinks or bath tubs is ALWAYS spouting water. I don't think that things break that easily in real life. I always have to have one handy sim so that the rest of them aren't angry from the "filthy surroundings."

• TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited August 2010
    i had a bug with my legacy family and the family tree had people disapear
  • smisrevolsmisrevol Posts: 87
    edited August 2010
    :roll: The way the Sims look. They all look the same to me. And some missing interactions with other Sims that were in TS2.
  • tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2010
    I know it says "1 thing that bothers you" but that is hard to do just one. I have to say I totally agree with several posts previous to me like the pets, the man and kids always taking the woman's name sucks, and the stupid errors when saving a game are just a few yes.
    However, to add to that what about the lifespan? Why is there nothing between the Long life and Epic lifespan?? Epic is too long for me and Long Life is too short, I have to constantly switch back and forth during my games. There is a HUGE gap between these 2, they could put at least one more day option there I think.
    I also have to say that this game is not as compatible with Windows 7 (especially a 64-bit processor and alot of memory) as they say it is! I have SOOO many more issues than my boyfriend who is on a 32-bit processor and Vista. It is very hard though to find a Good computer that does not have Windows 7 or a 64-bit processor nowadays. My computer blows my boyfriends away, but with this game I constantly have issues, glitches, and my Sims doing bizarre odd-ball stuff and the tech team just tells me to refresh my cache...for everything! I don't even bother emailing them any more. I have had to uninstall and reinstall my game more than 6 times now! And with a ton of expansion packs that sucks. I had to find a tool that allows me to change the game .exe to run for over 2 gig of memory just to help me be able to play the game. :(
  • pinkplushgirlpinkplushgirl Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2010
    There isnt enough to do for your teen sim, that was my favorite age in the sims2 because you had so many options. You had both kid and adult options. They NEED to add an expansion for teens/ kids cuz its just annoying to play them.
  • Lynds356Lynds356 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2010
    It bothers me that you can only play one household in a game. I know you can change playable households but things aren't the same if you try to go back.

So, when your household gets too big, you have to make someone move out and then you can't control them any more. Not that I'm a control freak but it was great fun to play a number of different households in the same game in Sims 2.

Also I miss the witches!
  • Mojokitty07Mojokitty07 Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2010
    It really bugs me that there is no warning when you download modded content from the exchange and it is game breaking. Even the people uploading don't warn that what they uploaded has contents from websites other than the exchange. We had warning sign in sims 2 so why isn't there a warning sign in sims 3?
  • Some_body96Some_body96 Posts: 124
    edited August 2010
    When you have sometimes played like for 2 hours... You see a ***** black screen and Badaboom... THE GAME HAS CRASHED... D: It's not very nice DDD:
  • BookyGirl13BookyGirl13 Posts: 856
    edited August 2010
    tomunaama wrote:
    Insanely difficult to build up romantic relationships.
    Actually, I find it EXTREMELY easy xD Just go around the 'Friendly' circle twice (using only the ations that you think would help), go around the 'Funny' circle once, go around the 'Romantic' circle until you are 'extremely irresistable' in the other Sim's opinion, then do first kiss, and 'propose going steady' directly after. If you want to take it further, then just go around the 'Romantic' circle again and then propose marriage. Works every time ;)

I also find that TS3 isn't as realistic. In TS2 your Sims got in and out of cars instead of them magically appearing; you could interact at restaurants and diners; you need a wardrobe to change; you need to buy clothes and there were a few more, better and different social actions (ie a whole section for kisses with kissing hand, up arm etc). In TS3, you magically change without having a wardrobe, plus you don't need to buy clothes, you magically have them. And then there's the fact that you can buy a dining chair for as much as a cheap car, you can buy an expensive car for more than three times the cost of a small house... You get the point. TS3 is actually a fairly unrealistic game.

I miss the cut scenes. The first time I saw the first woohoo cut scene I practically fell out of my chair laughing!

The lack of hair and the crappiness of what little hair we do have. I find that TS2 was actually better for that kind of thing. More and better hairs and more and better clothing, at least for everyday.

The date feature is missing. Your Sims can't date! How REDICULUS is that? Really REDICULUS. It's funny how your Sims can get married on the day that they meet.

Oh and I think this is just my game (I'm pretty sure it is) but... THE TESTCHEATSENABLED DOES NOT WORK WITH MY FREAKING GAME! Seriously! Everyone's like "Oh I just use testcheatsenabled to keep needs up" but it doesn't work with my game! GRAAAG!

I saw another person who said that their complaint was the *****. I will admit, they are crappy xD

From reading this, you may think that I hate this game and I have thrown it out a window or something. But no, I LOVE it, those are just a few pet peeves. Also, if anyone knows how to romance Sims in TS2 (and there's gotta be soneone here who knows) can you PRETTY PLEASE TELL ME? I have absolutely NO idea! I just got TS2 one or two weeks ago! PLEASE!

OK... That felt REALLY good. RANT: 100% Complete
    :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2010
    Not enough customization tools for sims in CAS.

Height (Very Short/Short/Tall/Very Tall)

Torso Length (Slider for Short Long)

Leg Length (Short/Long)

Belly (Flat/Bulging)

Eye color (two tone e.g. green and brown, heterochromia)

Neck Width/Length (narrow/thick, short/long)

Eyebrow Thickness/Type (Thin/Thick, Groomed/Bushy)

Hair Length/Type (Short/Shoulder-length/Long/Very Long, Straight/Curly/Wavy/Afro/Dreadlocks/Braids/Cornrows/The Wet Look/Thin hair/Thick hair)

Shoulder Width/Slope (Narrow/Broad, Downward/Upward/Straight)

Finger Nails (Short/Long/Paintable)

Toe Nails (Paintable)

Eyelashes (Upward Curve/Downward Curve/Straight)

Head Stretch (Short,Small/Long,Large)

Ear/Nose/Lip/Tongue/Belly Button/Eyebrow Piercings

Women Body Shapes (Hourglass, Pear Shape, Apple Shape, Rectangle Shape)

Waist (Narrow/Wide)

Hips (Narrow/Wide)

Butt (Flat/Small/Big)

Thighs (Narrow/Wide)

Calves (Narrow/Wide)

Ankle/Wrist (Narrow/Wide)

Body Hair (Non-existent/Short/Long, Arms/Legs/Hands/Feet/Chest/Underarm/Back)

Hand/Feet Size (Small/Big)

Hats/Jackets/Coats (Separate items like shoes and socks)

Clothing Layers (Able to layer all kinds of tops and bottoms to create own unique look for your sim, even dresses.)

Moles/Freckles (Can be placed anywhere and can choose to place multiple moles, not just one or two in preset places only. Same for freckles, also could be a light and dark slider and colorable.

One other thing, the sliders could go a bit more extreme to the minimum and maximum.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • dhrishika_roxdhrishika_rox Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2010
    after i installed ambitions on my game, it wouldn't start! it greys out the launcher so u can't click anything and says that you need the right update, but how do u update if u can't use the browser! i uninstalled it and the ame still doesnt change a thing :cry::| i have world adventures aswell and nowall my hard work is gone :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil:

:!: EA HAS TO FIX THIS :!:
  • jewelsforevajewelsforeva Posts: 369 New Member
    edited August 2010
    tomunaama wrote:
    Insanely difficult to build up romantic relationships.
    Actually, I find it EXTREMELY easy xD Just go around the 'Friendly' circle twice (using only the ations that you think would help), go around the 'Funny' circle once, go around the 'Romantic' circle until you are 'extremely irresistable' in the other Sim's opinion, then do first kiss, and 'propose going steady' directly after. If you want to take it further, then just go around the 'Romantic' circle again and then propose marriage. Works every time ;)

I also find that TS3 isn't as realistic. In TS2 your Sims got in and out of cars instead of them magically appearing; you could interact at restaurants and diners; you need a wardrobe to change; you need to buy clothes and there were a few more, better and different social actions (ie a whole section for kisses with kissing hand, up arm etc). In TS3, you magically change without having a wardrobe, plus you don't need to buy clothes, you magically have them. And then there's the fact that you can buy a dining chair for as much as a cheap car, you can buy an expensive car for more than three times the cost of a small house... You get the point. TS3 is actually a fairly unrealistic game.

I miss the cut scenes. The first time I saw the first woohoo cut scene I practically fell out of my chair laughing!

The lack of hair and the crappiness of what little hair we do have. I find that TS2 was actually better for that kind of thing. More and better hairs and more and better clothing, at least for everyday.

The date feature is missing. Your Sims can't date! How REDICULUS is that? Really REDICULUS. It's funny how your Sims can get married on the day that they meet.

Oh and I think this is just my game (I'm pretty sure it is) but... THE TESTCHEATSENABLED DOES NOT WORK WITH MY FREAKING GAME! Seriously! Everyone's like "Oh I just use testcheatsenabled to keep needs up" but it doesn't work with my game! GRAAAG!

I saw another person who said that their complaint was the *****. I will admit, they are crappy xD

From reading this, you may think that I hate this game and I have thrown it out a window or something. But no, I LOVE it, those are just a few pet peeves. Also, if anyone knows how to romance Sims in TS2 (and there's gotta be soneone here who knows) can you PRETTY PLEASE TELL ME? I have absolutely NO idea! I just got TS2 one or two weeks ago! PLEASE!

OK... That felt REALLY good. RANT: 100% Complete
    :mrgreen:
    Ok, TRUST me I feel the exaxt same way you do. The Sims 2 is better than Sims 3 when it comes to great hairstyle extra features like cut-screens (I hear ya with the woohoo one, but the first kiss one is SOOOO FUNNY!!!!) , but no offense the Sims 3 is just better in graphics. And that there are almost no loading screens, and you ACTAULLY go over to other peoples house and visit them. And I personally like the fact that there are no memories, because in Sims 2 my simselves memories were SO MESSED UP, I was really fed up about that.

Now to your "Romancing in the Sims 2"
    Oh, I love romance in the Sims 2!
    First off, I would reccommend (could you please tell me what the relationship panel looks like anymore? Because Widows 7 won't let me play Sims 2 :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: )getting the two sims to the friend relationship. Then try some flirts, and that should get the two sims more to a feel of each other. When you are SURE that your sims are in love, you could try going steady (for teens only I think). Other than that, go for some kisses and try a woohoo. Note, your Sims can get pregnant if you are not careful... when you use try for baby. I think there is a 5% chance of getting pregnant by just woohooing, but whatever. Tell me how it goes, because I havent played Sims 2 in 3 years! Have Fun:

The thing that bothers me is that there are absolute crap hairstyles. I am sorry ppl, but its the truth. The clothes are alright, but.. it could do with improvements. The hair in Sims 2 was AWESOME!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I LOVE THEM!!!! especially the long hairstyles. I loved the short ones too. Thats where the Sims 2 wins over Sims 3 EASILY. And I think they should bring back Old Town. And Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown. Thats all for me :) That felt good...
  • jewelsforevajewelsforeva Posts: 369 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Not enough customization tools for sims in CAS.

Height (Very Short/Short/Tall/Very Tall)

Torso Length (Slider for Short Long)

Leg Length (Short/Long)

Belly (Flat/Bulging)

Eye color (two tone e.g. green and brown, heterochromia)

Neck Width/Length (narrow/thick, short/long)

Eyebrow Thickness/Type (Thin/Thick, Groomed/Bushy)

Hair Length/Type (Short/Shoulder-length/Long/Very Long, Straight/Curly/Wavy/Afro/Dreadlocks/Braids/Cornrows/The Wet Look/Thin hair/Thick hair)

Shoulder Width/Slope (Narrow/Broad, Downward/Upward/Straight)

Finger Nails (Short/Long/Paintable)

Toe Nails (Paintable)

Eyelashes (Upward Curve/Downward Curve/Straight)

Head Stretch (Short,Small/Long,Large)

Ear/Nose/Lip/Tongue/Belly Button/Eyebrow Piercings

Women Body Shapes (Hourglass, Pear Shape, Apple Shape, Rectangle Shape)

Waist (Narrow/Wide)

Hips (Narrow/Wide)

Butt (Flat/Small/Big)

Thighs (Narrow/Wide)

Calves (Narrow/Wide)

Ankle/Wrist (Narrow/Wide)

Body Hair (Non-existent/Short/Long, Arms/Legs/Hands/Feet/Chest/Underarm/Back)

Hand/Feet Size (Small/Big)

Hats/Jackets/Coats (Separate items like shoes and socks)

Clothing Layers (Able to layer all kinds of tops and bottoms to create own unique look for your sim, even dresses.)

Moles/Freckles (Can be placed anywhere and can choose to place multiple moles, not just one or two in preset places only. Same for freckles, also could be a light and dark slider and colorable.

One other thing, the sliders could go a bit more extreme to the minimum and maximum.

Great Ideas, I really think EA should include these. :mrgreen: