Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alice Grove - New Lot by Sparkle

Comments

• Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited July 2010
    Mumsy wrote:
    HUGS Sparkle :lol:

Beautiful!! I think the dining room is my favoriye. All the earthy tones are great. Exactly my taste :)

~Mumsy

HUGS Mumsy! Still collecting your "Brit Speak" I hope :lol: Glad it appeals to you, not colours I would normally use but it's those odd colour combos that the 70s seemed to do.... so "well" :)
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited July 2010
    I dontknow why you are surprised when people compliment your landscaping...it looks fantastic...very natural and lush. You need to give yourself more credit, missy! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh...and did I mention how much I liked the fun colors in the teen room? That turquoise is very cute and the white is a nice foil for it. Good choice. :D
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2010
    It's great, Sparkle :) Glad to see you back on the forums again, btw! The master bedroom is my favorite - such striking colors and crisp design. Happily rec'd!
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi, Sparkle. I really like this house and gave it a recommendation. The twin's bedroom looks so fun with the turquoise decor! I have an older sister who was a little girl in the 70s and she had a toybox (she still has it) that is white with big turquoise flowers, very similar to that wallpaper. I really like your sculpture room, which is so nice for Ambitions. And your sunken garden is beautiful. Great work and thank you for sharing with us!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Sparkle
    So good to see you back here. :D
    Alice Grove has a lovely welcoming feel to it. Great picture of the dining room it looks so realistic. :thumbup:
    A rec for sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh..and another thing...forgot to mention how happy I was to see you creating again. You are a wonderful builder and I know alot of people will be thrilled to be able to download some new stuff from you. :D
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Yipee! You're back! So happy to finally see this beauty up on the exchange. What I love most about this build is definitely the sunken back garden area, must have been a pain to pull off but looks fabulous. Love the color scheme, the rich browns and greens give the whole place a very natural feel. I particularly adore the dining area, I like that you brought the brick inside but in a softer tone with a touch of green... beautiful. Lusciously landscaped too. Off to rec. :D
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2010
    sparkle this is wonderful as always. i have really missed your creations. its great to see it on the forums and exchange again. already rec'd and dl'd your lot. now when do we get more :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sorry peeps for not replying to more of you yesterday.... was busy doing other things and popping on and off the forum, now I have time to reply properly :)

kimjo313 - I have to say it is probably my favourite room, the second I completed after the kitchen. Along with the twin bedroom and the master :)

Tfbob - Glad to hear your working on lots of bits and pieces. As to BnS, don't get me started, I would love to be able to still enter that but just the idea of trying to complete a house in a week makes me feel tired. If I was entering that, I'd never have any time to do my own stuff :(

Eve - I owe you big thanks for the garden suggestions when I was struggling to get it to work, your purple comments really brought it all together in the end (hug) :P

SilverDragon111 - Thank you for taking the time to comment and thank you indeed for the favourite :) And I am LOVING that cat video! :lol:

Alli - We need to go get a delorian and a flux capacitor obviously!

vanilija - Another familiar face! YAY It's so nice to see that some of the same people are still around, makes me smile when I see the names :)

yanti68 - *hugs* Another who's comments I always look forward to and appreciate! I really like the shade of blue in the teen room so when I found a picture of a wallpaper that used it I simply had to try and include it :D

Waldorf! I miss you too much :( But yay to an authentic 70s source... if you say it's good enough that that's plenty good enough for me *huggles x 20* As to my being surprised by my landscaping skills and doubting them... you didn't see what a mess the garden was before Eve's help! :P

RxsChldrn - I think I said before that I really like houses that feel warm and cosy in the sims, houses that feel like homes. I find it more difficult without a whole heap os cc clutter that I had in sims 2 but I guess it's still possible :D

Starbucaneer - Haha, the colours, I don't think I chose them, I think they chose the house LOL Certainly the moment I started thinking colour scheme I was thinking of the kitchen in Ecila so just went and copied across those colours and used them.... they are a little unusual but I do like them in this setting.

Freynas - Ah, another face I've missed.... I hope you enjoy it once you have it downloaded :) I had real fun play testing this one :)

KittKat7147 - Ah I can't take credit for the crispness - I think that came from the picture I was using as inspiration :lol:

JupiterGirl - That's so cool! The story about the toy box with a similar pattern on it :) I'm really pleased with how the back garden turned out as well :) I just love the way it's sort of framed by the walls :)

folly - Another realistic comment.... I've been trying to get "realistic" pictures for ages... your making my day with these comments :D

Lulu! - Seems I need to go get caught up on your lots.... you've been uploading loads of stuff that I've missed and it all looks SO cool!

and last PC - Well there might be a few more creations turning up in the next few weeks.... crawling onto the exchange ;)
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited August 2010
    You already had it figured out but np!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2010
    what a stunning lot! I love the sunken back garden and the the warm, rustic colours you used for the main rooms and exteriors :) rec from me
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Sparkly! *glomps*

I'm glad you got this one finished out. It truly looks awesome. I love love love the sunken garden. That is definitely my favorite aspect about the lot.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    maria_loves_alex - thank you, I hadn't thought of them as rustic but I see what you mean now you've said it :) Especially with the brick/stone work :)

JUJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *running glomp* He he, I remember mentioning this in the BnS thread all the way back then and you commenting about it's being almost over budget when it was just a shell... now you see why LOL
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I got the Delorean and flux capacitor! You bring the sandwiches and lets hit 88mph! :mrgreen:

delorean-profile-512.jpg

*pssst!*
    Where we going btw?!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alli! How did I miss this! ROFL hilarious! I should have known you of all people would have access to a delorian! What your fav sandwich filling? :P
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2010
    so sparkle when do we get another build. i know you said a couple of weeks but i guess i am pushy :mrgreen:

also stealth bump
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Another one?! You just got one on friday! :P Stop expecting the rest of us to keep up with your stupidly high output rate :P I'm not that fast! 1 every two months is about my rate. But there should be one coming out sometime in the next couple of weeks, possibly this coming friday if I feel up to it :)
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Sparkle,
    I love your home, I love the retro feel and the warm colors you used, wood always accents a home so nicely, the gardens are stunning, and the drop down garden, I never would have thought of that. Beautiful!!! I rec'd and dl.
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow that is beautiful! And so are all your creations! I wish I was that good. hehe Very good job, I love it!
  • Options
    LilymayroseLilymayrose Posts: 149 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I love the imaginative and warm way you've decorated the interior of this home, I find it's often more difficult to do that, than it is to build!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    Hi Sparkle,
    I love your home, I love the retro feel and the warm colors you used, wood always accents a home so nicely, the gardens are stunning, and the drop down garden, I never would have thought of that. Beautiful!!! I rec'd and dl.
    The garden was something I had wanted to try for a while before the BnS contest came up last year and I thought "why not try it now"... I still managed to incorporate it into the BnS version of the house but not in quite the same why i did here, I'm really happy with how it turned out :)
    TenderWolf wrote:
    Wow that is beautiful! And so are all your creations! I wish I was that good. hehe Very good job, I love it!
    :oops: Thank you... As to getting good.... it just takes practise, getting used to the tools the game gives you and LOTS of messing around with things. This was originally an experiment with the CFE and roofing tool to see what I could create with it and I liked how it came out. My latest upload, when I originally created it, looked completely different and I just kept adding walls and taking away walls... I nearly demolished the entire lot at one point, same with the WIP I'm working on at the moment, another CFE test, it's been majorly modified since the original test, you just have to play around until you come up with something YOU like! :D
    I love the imaginative and warm way you've decorated the interior of this home, I find it's often more difficult to do that, than it is to build!
    My personal difficult is landscaping.... if I'm in the right mood I can build a house in a week or two but it will then take me about a month to landscape it. I really like messing around with the interiors but I just don't understand plants LOL
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited August 2010
    So beautiful Sparkle! I just love that kitchen...it's perfect!

You always have such lovely lots...this one is definitely no exception!
  • Options
    Sims3issofunSims3issofun Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow what a beautiful home! I will download it!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bree, long time no see :( make sparkle dim! Thank you though for taking the time to stop by and comment!

Sims3issofun - nice name LOL Thank you also and I hope you enjoy using it :D
    SparkleSimsSig2.png