Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mouse Disapears in Game...

I have a Macbook that I bought in 2007 that I am using to play The Sims 3. I have had several occurrences in the past few days when my mouse cursor has disappeared during gameplay. It does not come back so I have to maneuver my way with the trackpad and hover over the buttons till I can save and quit and then restart...

Is anyone else experiencing issues similar to this?

Comments

• Options
    y878hy878h Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yes, it happened to me once...very annoying. i rebooted and it hasn't happened since...
  • Options
    tulasi089tulasi089 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Its happened to me once as well...
  • Options
    iJaiiJai Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, that has happened to me a few times too. So annoying. Hopefully, they fix that.
  • Options
    a88y8eana88y8ean Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem too!!

I really hope it is fixed ... it's tres tres annoying!!!

• Options
    chilipepper31chilipepper31 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This happens to me too, it's really annoying but there is way to get your mouse back without quitting your game.

Minimise the window by pressing cmd and enter, then your mouse should reappear and you can go back into fullscreen mode again by pressing the cmd and enter again.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    spilledpotionspilledpotion Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Chilipepper, that'll help me a lot. I was wondering if that would work, but hadn't had the opportunity to test it yet.

I didn't even bother trying to maneuver an invisible mouse - I always just opened up the cheat box (ctrl + shift + c) and typed 'quit', which brings up the little box that says 'are you sure you want to quit?'. Pressing the return button from there automatically clicks the 'save and quit' button. So it sounds like I didn't have the worst time of it, but still, it was rather annoying. :p

• Options
    AmbrielAmbriel Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha! I moved the invisible mouse around to save and quit, guess I'm a little slow. At least that issue doesn't cause data to be lost. But it is frustrating. Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed/fixed? And if so, when will we get a patch for it?
  • Options
    moiracmoirac Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So happy I found this! Worked like a champ. :-)
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you hit control + return to go to windowed mode, move the mouse out of the game window and click to get the OS X cursor to come back, you should see the mouse in the game again, then hit control + return again to return to fullscreen.
  • Options
    luckykebluckykeb Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep happens to my MacBook but not the MacBook Pro. I just quit save and restart the game.
  • Options
    LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes this happened to me once too.
    I also have a macbook bought in 2007,
    I was deleting floor tiles when my mouse vanished....
    I tried for ages to try and save my game, just could not seem to reach the dam tick button. ^^
    So annoyed because I was doing the Legacy Challenge.... :evil:

Anyway thanks for your tips guys and girls, I will try the
    ctrl shift c, "quit" technique as that sounds easy to me. :D
  • Options
    nikisowellnikisowell Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    happens to me ALL the time and i have an 08 mac version. you have to restart the game and it usually happens after extended gameplay
  • Options
    DaisycooperDaisycooper Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah mine did the same and i just made a really nice house so spent like a hour trying to gwt my way to the save button by chance :)
  • Options
    AndreamsimAndreamsim Posts: 345 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine did the same :?
  • Options
    CarynCaryn Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    it's happened to me as well. I have the new 09 Macbook pro
  • Options
    dgallardodgallardo Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm using an iMac 2GHz Core 2 Duo with an ATI Radeon X1600 and It happens to me to. Thanks for the solution of pressing cmd-enter.

Anyway, we have to ask EA for solving the bug.

• Options
    paigelorrabethpaigelorrabeth Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've had the same problem!

I'll try the fullscreen thing out. Thanks.
  • Options
    chloeserenachloeserena Posts: 332 Member
    edited July 2009
    i hate it when that happens,
    especially when i start a new game and is Disappears, i tried the cmd + tab but it never showed back up when i re=entered the game :/
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited July 2009
    i hate it when that happens,
    especially when i start a new game and is Disappears, i tried the cmd + tab but it never showed back up when i re=entered the game :/

Try the method mentioned earlier, command + return. Move the mouse to the side to where you think it is out of the game window, click and you should see the OS X cursor and when you move it back over the game window and click it should be back. Go back to full screen mode and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    TheHollowTheHollow Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It happens to me all the time but only when I'm in buy/build mode. at which point I begin the five minute process of getting back to playing so that i can save and exit with an invisible cursor =.= I''ll try what you said next time it happens. thank you so much :-o
  • Options
    pshsarahpshsarah Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ah, I'm glad it's not only me that has had this happen! Very annoying, but easily solved (as has been said) by going out of full screen mode and back in.
  • Options
    amandymooamandymoo Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes it happened o me too, I think to everyone :( Defiantly something EA needs to fix in an update!
  • Options
    habanerohdhabanerohd Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    For the record.. I am troubled by this as well.
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I haven't had this problem so I couldn't say everyone is having it.
  • Options
    BeckixoBeckixo Posts: 84 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This Happens to me almost every time i play the game,by now i can get to save and quit with my eyes closed. I have a Mac Leopard which isn't more than a year old and its really annoying me i hope they fix it soon.