Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• silwerkittysilwerkitty Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yay! let the games begin! ;D
  • murphy575murphy575 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! Just one question: how do you pick your sims' lifetime wants when they grow up into young adults? Are you allowed to pick? Also, if a lifetime want pops up while they're kids/teens, can you save it?
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay, finally! I've been scouring the forums daily, awaiting the rules, and finally they're here! Thank you!

I'm going to start today...
  • KrokopokoKrokopoko Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One thing I need to get clear. Can I only control the founder and the heir or can I play all Sims living in the house.
  • jeremysipesjeremysipes Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2009
    Woot! I am assuming you posted it on maty also already? guess my lazy *** could just look....
  • SayYellow11SayYellow11 Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ahhh I'm so excited for this! :) I just need to come up with a family name now...lol. I'll definitely be making this into a story, so if you want to, add me as a friend to remember to read it! :D
  • DemenshiaDemenshia Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2009
    Since you can't choose the traits as they grow older I'm also assuming you cannot use the Mid-Life Crisis lifetime happiness reward? What about the change lifetime want reward?

Thanks again Pinstar! :)
  • Proudgeek8Proudgeek8 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ayyyy *spazzes*

I'll be off making my heir as soon as Riverview downloads. ^_^

Thanks pinstar!!
  • RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you Pinstar. You rock! I know that took a lot of thought and work just to make us simmers happy - appreciate it!
  • x0holly0xx0holly0x Posts: 412 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Started my legacy.
    I can't wait for second generation *squeals*
  • Bcfn24Bcfn24 Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2009
  • TaylorWhoTaylorWho Posts: 171 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AHHHHHHHH YAY! IM SOSOSOSOSOSOSO EXCITED. I SHALL GET IT STARTED RIGHT AWAYYY.
    Pity I have school all week, though. And I'm going away for the weekend. -dramatic sigh-
  • wicca43wicca43 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited June 2009
    murphy575 wrote:
    Yay! Just one question: how do you pick your sims' lifetime wants when they grow up into young adults? Are you allowed to pick? Also, if a lifetime want pops up while they're kids/teens, can you save it?
    I was wondering this too... :?
  • SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2009
    YAY!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Pinstar!!!!!!! :lol: :-o :D:lol: :-o :D
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • heyyjulieheyyjulie Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2009
    legacy challenge, my favorite <3
  • crystalfox05crystalfox05 Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2009
    Woooo hooooo... Thanks You Pinstar! :-)
    Let there be Sims! <3
  • MerudaMeruda Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, I started my legacy...

and it's going to be interesting because my founder (who is a YA female) fell in love with that old Sekemoto woman :lol:
  • simona0stsimona0st Posts: 565 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :thumbup: Thanks! :mrgreen:
  • jpullman813jpullman813 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I'm saying bye-bye to my test legacy, but I'm looking forward to starting my new one. Although I didn't break any rules, I just would rather start fresh. I'll be posting new images soon!
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the rules :)

I'd like to ask few clarifications.

1 point per 100K spiration points - are you talking about used or unused points? E.g. if a sim has super green thumb aspiration reward worth 20K and 10K unused points is the points that counts towards that 1 point 10K or 30K?

lifetime wants - how you set them to teens/kids and what happens if a kid or teen wants a certain lifetime want? Are you allowed to change lifetime wants later with an aspiration reward?

life fruits - are you allowed to eat them? Gives sim one day more in their current age. Sims need to be quite high in gardening skill (level 8) to grow them.

I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey thanks!
    Well in that case I'll play the rules, 90 days it is. Mind you though, with the awkward socializing options in the game, it might be hard to get your founder hitched in time to biologically have a baby. I see problems! LOL!

It might just be a bit harder, specially with Loner sims or such, but it is not a real problem, my sim is already married and will soon get pregnant, and she is still a young adult.

/happy simming
    Of Kings and Castles
  • VeokVeok Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I'm most likely to get sympathy here.

I just restarted my legacy (I had used ambrosia in my previous one and had a playable ghost. Grr!), and at the end of day 2 my sim had the following possessions: A guitar (in inventory), a 2x3 room with floor and wall coverings (and even a door to get in! what luxury) and the stone park bench from buy mode.

As my sim was napping the night away on her parkbench, a burglar comes onto the lot. That's right, ignoring the other 5 rich adjoining houses (I'm in riverview), the burglar comes straight for my sim.

That's okay, I think. The only object on the lot is the bench, and with my sim sleeping on it, the burglar can't get to it, right?

WRONG.

The burglar steals the park bench from under my sleeping sim (leaving her floating in the air) and runs off.

Truly, an auspicious beginning...
  • SiminaboxSiminabox Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was just reading through and have seen a few of the questions asked and quite a few of them have the answers in the rules.

So yeah make sure you read through them carefully!
  • Batty_BenjaminBatty_Benjamin Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's just hit me... I don't like any of the other people in my town...

Ahaha I want my legacy to be handsome and pretty but the other people are all ugly :(
  • xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2009
    can't wait to start! Hopefully I get through this!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top