Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA - We do not like Quests, and having to do them.

Just a note to say, exactly what is in the title. Not everyone wants quests, such as in WA and Ambitions, but you leave people no option, for example to buy vacation homes and build simbots. There should be ways round the quests and oppurtunities, and an on and off button for them. Also, a special request, please don't let Late Night be questy. We would like the freedom of sims 2 and more flexible gameplay.

Who agrees with me? Sign now!
:)

Comments

• elizka93elizka93 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I don't mind the quests but it does get a bit boring doing the same ones over and over again.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    /signed

We've already had enough quest based expansion packs so we don't need any more. :P
  • razberriarazberria Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Just a note to say, exactly what is in the title. Not everyone wants quests, such as in WA and Ambitions, but you leave people no option, for example to buy vacation homes and build simbots. There should be ways round the quests and oppurtunities, and an on and off button for them. Also, a special request, please don't let Late Night be questy. We would like the freedom of sims 2 and more flexible gameplay.

Who agrees with me? Sign now!
    :)

Signed!!! Agreed!!
  • Jennie7168Jennie7168 Posts: 275
    edited August 2010
    Im pretty sure EA has realized that simmers do not like the quests, which is why they made sims medieval. They can put quests in that to attract hardcore gamers to the sims franchise, without losing any of the players they have now.
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited August 2010
    I have my suspicions that late night will be full of quests.

signed
  • JakeVonJakeVon Posts: 122 New Member
    edited August 2010
    omg. -.- Late Night will not have quest-based gameplay. That's the whole point of going out on the town, to just follow where life takes you, not where quests take you. Don't have your suspicions, trust them for Late Night. or you may not, and miss out on some great gameplay... if there is some. Which it is the most likely case of this... I'm sad and I want pie.
  • Dblue055Dblue055 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2010
    No more quest please. I just wanted to buy a vacation home for my Sim in China so he could go there after he got married for a honeymoon. I then I noticed I couldn't choose the house I wanted for them to have. I felt like it was a wasted day for nothing.
    261a8405-8332-45e6-91d2-86a92a948212_zps31d10c21.jpg
  • JakeVonJakeVon Posts: 122 New Member
    edited August 2010
    That makes no sense. That's completely unrelated you know. Which houses you can buy for vacation houses o_O
  • Dblue055Dblue055 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2010
    It it related, the only way to buy a vacation home is to do the quest to build up your visa points. And i couldn't get the house I wanted. OK
    261a8405-8332-45e6-91d2-86a92a948212_zps31d10c21.jpg
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited August 2010
    I think Grant said on twitter there were going to be less opportunities, if that helps anyone.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited August 2010
    That would be great.
  • SanariSanari Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Please revise your WE with I or MOST PEOPLE.

Not to mention they're not FORCING you to do quests. There is an X button on the popups.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited August 2010
    Not to mention they're not FORCING you to do quests. There is an X button on the popups.
    Yes but if you want a sim-made simbot or a vacation home they are.

Signed!
  • Island6Island6 Posts: 2,664 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Sanari wrote:

Well, 'we' could mean the people who don't like the idea of quests. She can say 'we' because I, and it looks like other people, agree with her, so it's not just one person.
    Anyways, I agree. I hate the quests, and I'm always cancelling them out. I've never made a simbot, or had a vacation home because of them...
  • SanariSanari Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2010
    We means everyone as a community. So I guess by this meaning, those who don't mind the quests are a part of the SIMS Community.

She can say 'we' because I, and it looks like other people, agree with her, so it's not just one person.

Emphasis on the OR...
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2010
    I agree, I have not played WA much because I don't like being restricted by "quests".
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Agreed! That's why people liked the expansions from Sims 2 better. They were flexible, fun, and you had freedom. (the 3 F's? Haha! ) Sims isn't supposed to be a game with one set goal, and that's what its becoming. I really hope Late Night is NOT based on quests and opportunities (and I have a feeling it won't be. *yay!*) Maybe if it sells more than the other packs, EA will realize what it is that we want.
  • EmEmEmmaEmEmEmma Posts: 317 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Signed.

At first when I got World adventures I enjoyed it, but when I got back and then got a phone call telling me to go to Egypt and get cursed and burned, I got annoyed. Why should I do that?!?!

I really hope Late Night is fun and free...I think both me and my sims need a break, I come on Sims 3 to get away from the real world and relax, and then I have to do these tasks and it frankly stresses me out more sometimes.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2010
    Just to let you know, EA routinely ignores these forum petitions.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2010
    Ahhh but paradoxically they have to be aware of them to ignore them so.........
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • AmandaSandyCatAmandaSandyCat Posts: 216 New Member
    edited August 2010
    signed! :D Yeah, I haven't really been able to enjoy my game much... :/ I still have hope with LN though :) because one of my favorite EPs from TS2 was Nightlife :) I really hope that EA is getting the message about how people seem to hate the quest type gameplay... Thats not what the sims is supposed to be :( if you want a quest game go play Nancy Drew lol ;)
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Lol. Go them. I find them amusing. I don't care either way about quests. If I don't like them or feel like doing them, I ignore them. WA is beautiful but I rarely go to the places, for my own reasons.

• PurplePeacockPurplePeacock Posts: 914 New Member
    edited August 2010
    gamekitten wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Lol. Go them. I find them amusing. I don't care either way about quests. If I don't like them or feel like doing them, I ignore them. WA is beautiful but I rarely go to the places, for my own reasons.

Yes, but things like breast sliders have now been included, and there were lots of mentions of that in forums. And if you don't say they don't have a chance of knowing.

I think what I really don't like is how you do have to do quests to access some areas of gameplay, thus limiting you. You are not free to buy a vacation home unless you change how you play.
  • LostlillyLostlilly Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    ok getting my first vacation home was done on the thurd vist my sim did , so it is not hard, you know some ppl would like to see some challanges in the game they love,well, for me its a new version of the sims we get used to play, it is more exiting, i hope they do much more with it , so that means not only online games have quests you know but now we know that even like these games we love that have this option , i know most of you dont like the quests, but i think simmers with based mmropg games would love to play this game now. and believe me i know what does it mean of redoing a quest over and over again , i mean you want to see more new quests to do they could do something to make the game playable for both questers and non questers,but to remove quests?? they already started expantions with quests, why do you think the thurd one would be not?? i mean imagine you reached a night gathering spot to injoy your night and then a popup quest apeared that ask you to do a quest in this gathering to get what ever reward was it?? that might happen lol , any way for me i have no problem at all having more quests,i see lots of ppl not having there vacation lots , i think a good plan to finish as much quests ad possible is a good thing to insure you have your vacation lot in no time....and ppl talking about the new sims medieval would be good for questing gamers, i would like to ask you this... how long are we (questing based gamers) would have to wait to get our game we want?? we got it right now to enjoy ..... i just hope ea could do some thing to satisfy her non questing gamers .... and thats it sorry i cant sign in her , just wanted to say what i think.
  • arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'll sign. No more mandatory quests, please!