Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

memories, sims 3 needs it!!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    razberriarazberria Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Please bring back memories :) Memories made the Sims so much fun to play.
  • Options
    razberriarazberria Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2010
    *bump*

Memories :)
  • Options
    EgorowskiEgorowski Posts: 152 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Yes, I really miss memories. I used to love looking back over my sim's life. But they shouldn't have memories for tiny things like each time they meet somebody new or each time they see a roach. Just important things, like each time they kiss/wohoo somebody new. Getting married, having babies, break ups, promotions. And negative moments like getting something reposessed.
  • Options
    pugger64pugger64 Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2010
    I loved memories! I so want them back!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2010
    JakeVon wrote:
    Memories are just static little bits of data arranged by chronological order, not complicated at all. This is possible but I do not believe EA will incorporate this into The Sims 3 any time soon.

But those little bits of data take up a lot of room, and eventually, they'll cause people's games to lag big-time. I believe I pointed out that with story progresion it would be next to impossible for families to have consistent memories. For example, Jack Smith met Jill Jones, and has the memory of meeting Jill Jones. But when you switch to play Jill Jones's house, chances are she'll have no memory of meeting Jack Smith.

I honestly don't see how EA can bring back memories without completely overhauling the game engine, and somehow I get the feeling it's not on the top of the list. I think I may ask this question on one of the Sims Twitter or Facebook pages.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I don't know about memories, I found them kinda boring, the were a little informative in The Sims 2 but The Sims 3 doesn't really need them.

I remember getting the same memory over and over again in TS2 but I really didn't need to know as I used my own memory to remember that I made my sim marry this person, do this and do that etc.
    I also don't want my game to have to have all this extra information to remember anyway, the game is a bit laggy for me as it is now.
  • Options
    princess_sashaprincess_sasha Posts: 155
    edited September 2010
    Totally agree

I made Zelda Mae and Dustin Langerak have a baby and got married whilst she was pregnant now it says Dustin is the baby's stepfather D:
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited September 2010
    I don't know about memories, I found them kinda boring, the were a little informative in The Sims 2 but The Sims 3 doesn't really need them.

I remember getting the same memory over and over again in TS2 but I really didn't need to know as I used my own memory to remember that I made my sim marry this person, do this and do that etc.
    I also don't want my game to have to have all this extra information to remember anyway, the game is a bit laggy for me as it is now.

I agree with you... I hardly ever looked at the sims 2 memories and for me it would be useless. I also don't like the idea because of the way I play Sims: sometimes I age children not in the order that they were born in (hope I'm making sense here). So my memories would always get mixed up like it used to in Sims 2... It would probably just slow down the game for something that is not very useful in the long term (in my opinion).
  • Options
    amarisjeamarisje Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Hi I'm new here and I just started playing with the sims 3. I agree that there will always be things that we miss from old games, but no memories??? what a big shame. I loved to make stories and see what other sims did in their lives before they were added to a family. I hope it will be in a expansion pack soooooo bad :'( sniff
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't miss memories. I feel like they aren't really needed and wouldn't really serve a purpose. I mean yeah they were fun to look at but I feel that they didn't really add anything to the gameplay.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    OlomayaOlomaya Posts: 575 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I miss memories too! I feel like there's little point to premade families without them because there's no backstory. Most of the fun from the TS2 families was their stories and all the secrets you would discover through their memories.

Memories chronicled our Sims lives.
  • Options
    PenguinPersonPenguinPerson Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited December 2010
    I totaly agree i had this other thread about what we miss from ts2 and memories came up in like every post if you want to add what you miss type in do you miss it the title of it and in this they should get rid of mystery sim for first kiss with adults
  • Options
    AsadBAsadB Posts: 159 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Agreed.
    I really miss it from TS2.
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yes. Would be nice if memories were upated for sims3.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Options
    jessicarr2005jessicarr2005 Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2010
    I miss them, bring them back
  • Options
    GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    edited December 2010
    I agree! been thinking this from day 1!
  • Options
    fandec130fandec130 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Agree!
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited December 2010
    I didn't really care much for memories, sure they gave me something to look at while my sim was at work, busy skilling, etc. but other than I didn't see a point for them. Unless there was some way to edit our memories to how they say, I guess it'd be pretty cool.

Also, maybe sims could purchase a diary or journal or something to save the memories in so you can look at them after they died. That's one thing that bugged me about TS2: After your sims died, you couldn't look at anymore of their memories, even if they meant little to me. :?
  • Options
    Flowerhorn1Flowerhorn1 Posts: 657
    edited December 2010
    i never played sims 2 so i dont know exactly what memories on the sims are like but i t sounds cool
  • Options
    Tigger243Tigger243 Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2011
    I really wished that they would've put memories in sims 3. That was the first thing I looked for after my son learned to walk. It made me sad that they didn't put it in. :(
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Sims need memories! It would be nice to have selectable, deleatable memories, in TS2 your sim would remember every time they got a new job or made a wish at a wishing well it became tedious. But remembering when you met someone was central to using the death phone to bring sims back, You couldn't bring back someone no one knew. The refridgerator in TS3 Has more memories than the sim. It remembers the type of fish, weight, quality, who caulght it, even the name your sim gives to the fish, add to that fruit and vegetables, and the rocks and gems in the treasure chests. It's ridiculous that the sim can't remember its life!