Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval

Dream come true or what!? Very Excited about this!

Comments

• ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited August 2010
    Good God how many threads are people going to make about this....
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2010

Search is your friend...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/243524.page

it really is.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2010

Woot!
    *high fives*
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited August 2010
    No, it looks horrible IMO.
    I was hoping for a sims game set in medieval times. But instead we get a rubbish rpg, where you can't even create your own sims. *sigh* EA really messed up here...WHY did they have to make it an rpg? WHY?

I want to be able to make medieval families...to build medieval homes and castles. But no.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited August 2010
    I fear that you are right doodlesam, but, maybe just maybe they will listen to us. It's still months before its released, hopefully, if we start make some noise we can get some input.

1. I want to be able to play everyone, not just a hero!
    2. Sims should live and die. procreate.
    3. Medieval times were not politically correct! None of this, men taking women's names. Unless, you give the player the option of making a matriarchal society.

I will buy this if you get it right! My money is already burning hole in my pocket for this. I graduate in the Spring '11 with a history degree. I want this to be my graduation present to myself. Please, sim gods, get this one right.
  • KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited August 2010
    This spinoff offers so many posibilities. I wonder what kind of careers the medieval sims will have. I'm sure instead of having the usual level 1-10 medieval sims have typical guildranks (Aprentice, Novice, Journyman, Artisan, and Master). Some careers could be...

Farmer
    Miller
    Knight= Squire, Knight, Cavalier, Paladin
    Blacksmith
    Artist
    Priest= Monk, Fryer, Priest, Bishop
    Rancher
    Inn Keeper
    Trader
    Wizard
    Monarch= Lord/Lady, Count/Countess, King/Queen of SimNation

What about all the ages we are used to seeing in TS3, how will they be effected in the Middle Ages...

Baby- Wrapped up in rags rather than the blankets from TS3. Were bottles around in medieval times? If not mabie they should introduce breast feeding.

Toddler- Even medieval folk had to teach their children how to walk an talk. Instead of using a potty, toddler are tought on a chamber pot.

Child- There was no formal schooling in the middle ages (except for the upper class) so i would a imagine medieval sim children would spend their spair time helping their parents or playing with friends.

Teenagers- back then, you were considered an adult at a younger age. Medieval teens don't go to high school, but can get a job as an aprentice. Should they be able to marry and have kids? I doubt it. They are probably too buisy with the apprenticeship.

Young Adult and Adults- grown men and women of the middle ages. They have all privlages available to them.

Elders- The old and wise. A sim who has spent their life in one career should become a master as an elder.
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    I was hoping for a sims game set in medieval times. But instead we get a rubbish rpg, where you can't even create your own sims. *sigh* EA really messed up here...WHY did they have to make it an rpg? WHY?

I want to be able to make medieval families...to build medieval homes and castles. But no.

It's still early in the production process, the quote i got from (i think) Grant Rodiak said
    "The Sims Medieval offers a new way for players to experience The Sims which we hope fans will enjoy, and it features gameplay that fans of strategy and role-playing games will find appealing such as controlling an entire kingdom and quest-based gameplay mechanics."

It's possible that TSM could still have the normal life simulator aspects mixed in with all the other stuff... It better!
  • laurenruth915laurenruth915 Posts: 4,102 New Member
    edited August 2010
    So this isn't an expansion, but rather a different game in itself?
    edited August 2010
    Yea this is a spin-off of The Sims 3. Kinda like how the sims stories was a spinoff of TS2.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:

Why do people keep saying we won't be able to create our own sims? I think this says otherwise:

http://www.simprograms.com/get-medieval-with-the-sims-the-sims-medieval-announced-images-logo-boxart
    Players can choose to customize every new Hero that comes to the kingdom, including selecting their traits and their fatal flaw. Players get close to their characters, not only sending them on epic quests, but also making sure they carry out their daily responsibilities such as healing the sick, trading for exotic goods, or forging armor. From having a baby to competing in a royal tournament, what happens to their Sims is up to the player. The time of romance and chivalry is back with The Sims Medieval.

Anyway I'm really excited because I've always wanted a game like this. Where I can command a kingdom and still interact with my citizens on a sims like level. I foresee lots of royal court scandal in my game though, hehe.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm just hoping that The Sims 3 forums don't get so swamped with topics made about a completely different game than the Sims 3. Hopefully when the Sims Medieval forums get set up all that discussion goes over there. After all it is a completely different game than The Sims 3, and these forums are for Sims 3 discussion, not other games.
    edited August 2010
    What about skills. I would imagine medieval sims need far more skills than modern sims...

Cooking- same as any other sim game. The food and cooking process is different though.
    Construction- The ability to build homes and craft furniture.
    Smithing- The ability to build metal objects and wepons.
    Tailoring- Allows a sim to create clothing and other cloth items.
    Sword- The ability to do battle with a sword. I can picture children building this skill with toy swords.
    Archery- Improves skills with a bow an arrow. Children use a slingshot.
    Farming- Same as gardening, but greatly expanded.
    Magic- improves spell power and adds new spells. Only certain sims can learn magic.
    Faith- Allows a sim to heal the sick and injured. Sims who master faith can bless others.
    Music- Allows the sim to play a wide array of medieval instraments such as a lute or bagpipe.

I can also think of a few more medieval careers...

Bard
    Hunter
    Carpenter
    Chef
    Lumberjack
    Miner
    Tailor
  • razberriarazberria Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2010
    doodlesam wrote:

YES!!! I want to be able to make medieval families...to build medieval homes and castles - me too!

EA please no more World Adventures rubbish :(
    edited August 2010
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I fear that you are right doodlesam, but, maybe just maybe they will listen to us. It's still months before its released, hopefully, if we start make some noise we can get some input.

3. Medieval times were not politically correct! None of this, men taking women's names. Unless, you give the player the option of making a matriarchal society.

I will buy this if you get it right! My money is already burning hole in my pocket for this. I graduate in the Spring '11 with a history degree. I want this to be my graduation present to myself. Please, sim gods, get this one right.

YES!!!

Please EA create Sims games, not World Adventure rubbish :(
    edited August 2010
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

YES!!!

Please EA create Sims games, not World Adventure rubbish :(
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2010
    Bad. Horrible. *Barf*.

Um, sims is NOT RPG. No. 90% of simmers don't want our sims games to be RPG. NOPE. So, that is like a totally different game from sims 3, right, like Castaway Stories was?
  • Kenwey3000Kenwey3000 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2010
    hello! http://www.thesimsmedieval.com/ (site The Sims Medieval)
  • SanariSanari Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2010
    It's a spin off game not an expansion pack. It won't effect your Sims 3 game whether you buy it or not.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2010
    I sense a lot of disappointment up ahead, and a lot of fans that will be totally disappointed at the type of gameplay they'll be getting.

This is one stand-alone game I can easily pass up. Now, EA, if you make one like My Tribe or a combination Frontiersville/Farmville type of standalone game, I might just break down and buy those kinds of games.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited August 2010
    You know, I'm thinking this has a possibility of being good, though I'd rather wait until we actually have more information on it before making unfounded speculations. They just announced it, don't say how it's going to be a piece of crap before we well and truly know anything about it. I've found that things tend to change when it comes to the making of games.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • hyperchild623hyperchild623 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2010
    yeah i agree with Babisko. Remember all those pessimists about how there arent going to be any sliders in the new expansion pack? and then they were slapped in the face because they were wrong? :) i do. its MONTHS away from being released, in SPRING. they have plenty of time to develop it, so dont go saying it's going to be crap when all you saw were a couple of screenshots and a few paragraphs of a short interview.
  • BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited August 2010
    really need to see what kinds of quests are offered and the level of grinding that is required.

I mean if you can't just cheat, finish all the quests and wait for mods to make it a proper sims game... >.>
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
    edited August 2010
    Could this be the first sim game to feture sims killing other sims! In one image you see a knight holding a sword to a man's face.
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100803124842/sims/images/f/f9/Ss_2.jpg
  • JessLolJessLol Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2010
    http://jessislol.tumblr.com/post/901063645/what-the-****-ea

NOTE: I now realise it isn't an expansion, but they should be making expansion packs rather than crap like this!
  • EmpressTatianaEmpressTatiana Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I am so excited for the Medieval Sims and from what it states, I think we'll be able to create our sims and such. I'm can't wait.