Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using world adventure worlds as base worlds

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
Over on the TS3 CREATORS CONSORTIUM one of the members wonted to start a Egypt project, so to save months of work, I did a little guide, to how to add the world adventure worlds as base worlds, this is copy of the guide, should anybody else wish to play about with the adventure neighborhoods.

This still in testing, but I've had no problems so far, with the ability to edit worlds in-game, this little mini guide might have some use.

Guess what?

This is so easy to do, anybody can do this in 5 minutes, so if you wont to spice up the game and have 3 new worlds to play the game with then read on:-

This is a pic of Al Simhara as a base neighborhood inside my game
Screenshot-31-3.jpg

All you need to do is, build a world in CAW, this can be just be a empty sea if you like, we just going to use the file it's not important what the world is. If you have never used CAW you can just download a world from the exchange and install the world. If you used CAW, extract the world and install.

Next go to the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds .

Copy the following files:-
China, Egypt and France

Place the copy of them files here:-
C:\Users\your name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds

Now it's time to load the game & start the magic

Select new game, you will notice in the select town location that the world you installed, just check this is on the menu, if yes, all systems go, if not you must have forgot install the world.

Next press the alt key on your keyboard to get you out of the game and go to the following location:-
C:\Users\Your name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds

Remember that world we installed, we don't wont that, so delete the file and then pick the world adventure world you wish to play, right click on the world file and rename the world as the same name as the file you have just deleted. Example if your deleted world was called Eygpt2 then you would right click on the Egypt world file and rename the file Eygpt2.

Next go back into the game, select the world of the previous deleted file and start new game.

You now have 3 new worlds you can play with the Sims 3, you can edit them to include rabbit holes etc, have fun.

UPDATE

Since posting this thread I did find a problem, You can only choose one family to play, thou the neighborhood still works, it does miss a few important elements that make up a base world.

I highly recommend that you use this thread for research only, I will make a update should I find a fix for this problem.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2010
    You're just too wonderful~ Thank you.

Bookmarked! :mrgreen:
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2010
    My goodness, this is interesting info.

You don't mention population. Do the destination worlds have residents, or are they empty worlds?
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Rflong7-Thanks Rflong7.

DOLLDRMS1- The world are identical to that of the world adventures, so you can play the Sims that are in them worlds. So far I've tested each world with no problems, other than you don't have any work locations, you will need to edit them yourself.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited August 2010
    So what your saying is that it still treats it as a neighborhood and you cannot go into create a sim? or choose anything that i could from say, Sunset Valley?
  • TinyWhiteThangTinyWhiteThang Posts: 15 Member
    > @Stw402 said:
    > Over on the TS3 CREATORS CONSORTIUM one of the members wonted to start a Egypt project, so to save months of work, I did a little guide, to how to add the world adventure worlds as base worlds, this is copy of the guide, should anybody else wish to play about with the adventure neighborhoods.
    >
    > This still in testing, but I've had no problems so far, with the ability to edit worlds in-game, this little mini guide might have some use.
    >
    > Guess what?
    >
    > This is so easy to do, anybody can do this in 5 minutes, so if you wont to spice up the game and have 3 new worlds to play the game with then read on:-
    >
    > This is a pic of Al Simhara as a base neighborhood inside my game
    >
    >
    > All you need to do is, build a world in CAW, this can be just be a empty sea if you like, we just going to use the file it's not important what the world is. If you have never used CAW you can just download a world from the exchange and install the world. If you used CAW, extract the world and install.
    >
    > Next go to the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds .
    >
    > Copy the following files:-
    > China, Egypt and France
    >
    > Place the copy of them files here:-
    > C:\Users\your name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
    >
    > Now it's time to load the game & start the magic
    >
    > Select new game, you will notice in the select town location that the world you installed, just check this is on the menu, if yes, all systems go, if not you must have forgot install the world.
    >
    > Next press the alt key on your keyboard to get you out of the game and go to the following location:-
    > C:\Users\Your name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
    >
    > Remember that world we installed, we don't wont that, so delete the file and then pick the world adventure world you wish to play, right click on the world file and rename the world as the same name as the file you have just deleted. Example if your deleted world was called Eygpt2 then you would right click on the Egypt world file and rename the file Eygpt2.
    >
    > Next go back into the game, select the world of the previous deleted file and start new game.
    >
    > You now have 3 new worlds you can play with the Sims 3, you can edit them to include rabbit holes etc, have fun.
    >
    > UPDATE
    >
    > Since posting this thread I did find a problem, You can only choose one family to play, thou the neighborhood still works, it does miss a few important elements that make up a base world.
    >
    > I highly recommend that you use this thread for research only, I will make a update should I find a fix for this problem.

if it World Adventures isn't in Electronic Arts folder it may be in Origin Games
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I bookmarked this page as well; thank you.