Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official Fan-Based Sims 3 Pets Ideas Thread

Comments

• GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2010
    i want my cat to sims 3 pet
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    edited July 2010
    Solorius wrote:
    Whenever a burglar is doing a night time visit to you're house it would been fun if dogs/cats that has brave, protective, aggressive etc traits they would chase the burglar down the street until they catch him/her or the burglar gets away.
    Cowardly pets would hide when the burglar is in the house while other pets will bark/growl at the burglar, waking up you're sims and maybe scare the burglar.

Would be fun if there was a dog catcher who takes any dogs they see walking alone without any owner in the neighborhood and cats who are misbehaving.
    If you're pet has a collar or an id tag you're sim would get a phone call from the dog catcher saying they found you're pet walking around alone in the neighborhood (dog) or was wreaking havoc (cat) and you have to go to the dog catcher to get the pet back and you get a warning first time it happens but you will be fined if it continues to happen.
    If you're pet don't have collar or an id tag you will get an help note saying. haven't you're pet comes back from its walk? Maybe you should call the dog catcher to see if he knows where you're pet is. The note would appear after a half day or so.

I really like those ideas, especially the dog catcher one... maybe that will encourage EA to add leashes to the game, haha.

I really want them to add something along the lines of if you don't walk/exercise your pets they become overweight (just like sims and real life) and also become antsy and possibly destructive/stir crazy and annoying (barking, digging, chewing, running around... being a hyper antsy pet... etc.)
  • ihatepizza210ihatepizza210 Posts: 1,620 New Member
    edited July 2010
    YES! I love pets! I melt at the sight of a sim kitten. Adorable. But I think it would be cool if they included pets in with maybe a farm expansion since there are all kinds of crops you can grow, why not add farm animals and plows and such? And herding dogs and barn cats. That would be so awesome.

Also, with the recent Farmville craze on facebook, I think it might sell quite well.
  • NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2010
    and if u have the world adventures expansion packs there are exclusive dogs/cats in china egypt and france. like france could have the poodle and china could have the siamese cat. and for weather, we should be able to have to clean the pool and mow the lawn in the summer. but since cleaning in the sims 3 takes forever they should lower how long it takes to clean something. and yeah who knows maybe seasons and pets will be together in one pack.

EDIT: i like the sims farm idea too. like u can go horseback riding and stuff. and with the new late night ep does anyone know if the dating game is in it?
  • NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2010
    ooohhh there should also be a pets stuff pack that can include new pet stuff... and pets should maybe have clothes. there should also be celebrity pets like there are celebrity sims in the new upcoming ep.
  • chris2chrischris2chris Posts: 1,909 New Member
    edited July 2010
    you should be able to own a llama

• pppjodiepppjodie Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    omg u av thought of everything, creators take note!! we want pets!
  • StittleStittle Posts: 925 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I saw ferrets mentioned in this thread, there should also be a ferret racing competition. It's a real sport, they race them down drain pipes!

Also, I saw Llamas mentioned. Maybe if someone had pet rabbits then the little rabbit that is somehow connected to the sims (we can get tattoos of it, it's on kids t-shirts...is it called the Frezer Bunny? I heard that on another thread) should randomly appear in the hutch with the rabbits. It can be a bit like the gnome.

When someone mentioned pets as being simple domestic animals, I saw a tv show that was about people's pets. There were three people with odd pets living in their homes! A man with an aligator, another man with a bear, and a woman with a bison! They had rescued these animals at young ages and they became attached to them.

So maybe we should have something like that in the game? Like if your sim finds an animal in danger, then they can rescue it and keep it as a pet.
  • swiftswanswiftswan Posts: 544
    edited August 2010
    Thank you everyone!
  • Sim_KrazySim_Krazy Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2010
    Bump
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited September 2010
    I think it would be a cool idea if the sims could showcase their pets.....like in a Best In Show......or (if they were going to do the episode up right) have a horse show.....where the sims could breed their pets and show them off. They could get blue ribbons.....and that is one of the wishes an animal could have...."get a blue ribbon".

I also think that pet adoption is a good thing to keep.....but I think that if you wanted a pet when you are already in the game.....that you should be able to get it from other merchants....like pet stores or even breeders if you wanted a pedigree!!

Which also even leads to a new career track!! Being a breeder!! It would be the one career you could have and stay at home to be a stay at home Mom/Dad (if you had kids, cause we all know that its hard having careers and also being able to rear your kids).
    edited October 2010
    Thank youuuu~! <3
    edited October 2010
    bumpity bump ^_^
    edited October 2010
    Updated xo
  • HartVitaHartVita Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2010
    This is my dream EP. hoping they release it soon. fingers crossed :mrgreen:
    edited October 2010
    Me too! ^_^ thank you.
  • tommy111tommy111 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Amazing ideas guys! I really hope someone from EA sees this thread! Like many other simmers this is my dream EP!

Here's a few ideas of my own:
      It would be funny if big dogs (example: Lab, St benard etc.) with the "lap dog" trait could attempt to sit on your sims' laps! This will give the sim a negtive moodlet called: "Can't handle wieght" this can vary between -5 to -50 this moodlet will depend on how big and how heavy the dog is. it will also depend on their traits: "Hates animals" (Worse) "Dog person" (Better) or "loves animals" (Better) If you have a bad relationship with your dog your sim will aggresvely push him/her off their lap they will also do this if they hate animals. If your sim loves animals and/or has a good relationship with their dog will continue to let their dog sit on their lap, but you will still have the negtive moodlet.
      Early in the morning if your dog/cat is hugery they will bark/meow at you to feed them. causing you to wake up and recieve a bad moodlet.
      When your sim is sleeping they might come into your bedroom and climb on your bed to sleep with you. they may sleep at the end of the bed, the middle of the bed, or even inside your bed! (That would make things more realistic!) If you sim is a light sleeper they will instataly wake up, if they are a heavy sleeper the will never wake up when their pet climbs on their bed, even if their huge dog climbs up they will still continue sleeping!

Thats all for now! Will send more ideas soon!
  • TheRandomkid321TheRandomkid321 Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    I would like to see Farm animals but i realize thats not likely to happen. Squirrils would be fun to see but has even less of a chance. Hamsters would be fun to have and you could carry them on your shoulder. There should be Lots of breeds of dogs and cats and give them traits. Breeding should be a definat idea. And toddlers should be able to interact with the pets. Also im probalbly the only one who thinks so You should be able to control the pets. And make the pets able to die and be a ghost. Also THike the sims 2. I would love to see the werewolf make an apperance again. I know your probaly Saying that would be a copy os ts2 pets so they wont buy it like on late night but think about it. People missed out on ts2 Because it wasnt mac compatable. But really I would accept any mythicle creature even bigfoot. But more would sell with the werewolfs because of the 'Ugh' twilight fangirls.
  • LolzersLolzers Posts: 819 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Why did I never see this thread? It's much better to direct people to than that other one I've been using.
  • HartVitaHartVita Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2011
    i have a suggestion. in the sims 2 pets there was only two dog sizes, it would be cool if there was a dog size slider or at least more than two sizes for dogs.
  • SantaBelleSantaBelle Posts: 23 New Member
    edited April 2011
    These are all really great ideas! I too have wanted a Pets EP for the Sims 3! But, (not to be a downer or anything) we need to remember that most of the stuff you're asking for won't get put in the game. I especially love the idea of having small pets, but I think there shouldn't be such a large variety; probably only the basics: a few bird breeds, turtle, rabbit, a choice of reptiles, hamster/gerbil/guinea pig.

I also think that the pets need to be on a leash whenever they leave the house with their sims (or carried if they're small enough). And I hope if EA does make this EP, they don't do random strays. That was the most annoying part about TS2 Pets; those annoying stray dogs that would dig holes on your property and knock over your trashcan and forage in it.
    edited April 2011
    I really really hope that's a real thing ^__^
    edited June 2011
    Yes everyone, it is official. Sims 3 are going to release Sims 3 Pets in October 2011.

Wooo! :D
  • FlowerGirl429FlowerGirl429 Posts: 176
    edited June 2011
    Love all of the ideas...

There could be a whole bunch of skills created with this expansion pack such as:
    -Breeding
    -Animal Whisperer
    -Fetch (hidden skill for sim--dog catches item more often)
    -etc.
    Post edited by Unknown User on