Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eternal Sims

Since installing Ambitions my sims age up as normal to elder but then the grim reaper never comes and they just live forever . No i have not married a grim reaper into my family at any time .

So far my oldest is 265 days which is rather ridiculous on a normal life span

Also i get messages that Npc sims are nearing old age and i should visit them which is impossible considering they are NPC's and therefore do not have a house . Then 3 days later i get the message again that the same Npc is nearing old age and so on and so on .

Anne T Septic the maid and Carrie Post the mail woman are prime examples

Ageing is also messed up . My teen had a sweetheart and she aged to young adult the day before him . He aged the following morning and he immediately called her over and asked her to move in . Imagine my suprise to find she had already jumped from young adult to adult

Comments

• bobinrobinbobinrobin Posts: 303 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Since installing Ambitions my sims age up as normal to elder but then the grim reaper never comes and they just live forever . No i have not married a grim reaper into my family at any time .

So far my oldest is 265 days which is rather ridiculous on a normal life span

Also i get messages that Npc sims are nearing old age and i should visit them which is impossible considering they are NPC's and therefore do not have a house . Then 3 days later i get the message again that the same Npc is nearing old age and so on and so on .

Anne T Septic the maid and Carrie Post the mail woman are prime examples

Ageing is also messed up . My teen had a sweetheart and she aged to young adult the day before him . He aged the following morning and he immediately called her over and asked her to move in . Imagine my suprise to find she had already jumped from young adult to adult

That is weird. I think the oldest sim I have had was like 110 days old or something close to that.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited June 2010
    Where is your lifespan set? Epic is 960 so, that looks normal to me.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2010
    Mines set at normal life span and the long span which is longer than mine is 190 days so its not that
    edited July 2010
    FINALLY after 294 days the grim reaper decided to come and collect her

Only thing was i forgot she had a death flower in her inventory so she gave it to him and goodness knows how long before he will be back to get her again .
    Been another 6 days so far
  • dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I noticed weird things with age as well when i instaled ambitions, The sim i played got a outfit from the past i wanted to recolor it since i didn't like the color on him after i did that he got younger thing is though i saved and quit the game for little bit but when i got back he was back to his normal age which was all the way up to near growing up to adult.
  • MungyMungy Posts: 222
    edited July 2010
    In my game I took simis bacholer's (however it's spelt lol)remains to the science lab to be brought back, and now every so often I get a message saying I'd better visit as he doesn't have long left, but he never dies. Many generations have passed, many other sims have gone, but he is still here.
    edited July 2010
    Well thanks to the death flower she lived another 73 days .

She outlived her daughter, granddaughter and great grandaughter.
  • rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Well thanks to the death flower she lived another 73 days .

She outlived her daughter, granddaughter and great grandaughter.

lol?
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2010
    i play on the 190 days and one of my elders died at 205 and another 210 then the other 2 elders are now 254days and still going so i guess it just waiting for grimmy to come but you can trigger it via a cheat. there son is now just an elder his self so lets see which goes first.
  • gerbenlegacygerbenlegacy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited July 2010
    If you want to get rid of her, type testingcheatsenabled true, then shift+click on her and then select 'next life stage' or something. I did that when I forget my sim had a death flower as well, and it worked! :D