Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1 day create a world, pass it on, updated page 18-19 +

Comments

• happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited July 2010
    this seems like such a great idea! I just have a few questions. Are we making sure that creators are respectful of other's work and you should only change something if you notice something is off or you notice any problems. Not just removing it totaly if you dont like it. Unless its agreed upon by a majority of the creators involved?
    And if its not finished to a playable condition by the end of the 30 days, will you extend the date or give people more chances to update or perfect their lots or whatever? lol
    I know, Im always thinking of the most complicated issues!
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited July 2010
    i need to update this, just something pretty hectic going on atm

well atm, as it stands anyone can change anything, but if someone completely changes someones work, then most probably we'll have to discuss whats the best next step
    but i dont think anyone will do that,
    with others work, things like tiding it up, and adding to it is fine, like terrain paints and such,

at the 30 day point, it will be a reivew see if theres anything needing to be done,
  • RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2010
    Candi_Dyla wrote:
    Okay so, I was sort of busy today so I didn't make all too many additions, just a few community lots and some roads. But the buildings were rushed and are incomplete. I was going to make more but I ran out of time, hence the empty lots, because I have to go to bed now because I have to wake up early tomorrow to catch a plane.
    Sharedworldcommunitylots.png"width=640"

It can be found to download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?w50vr6qcqtveeok

Hi, you need to add the world folder, not just the .world file. Otherwise it won't work. The folder name will be something like Sims30.
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited July 2010
    I like building so if there is a day that I can take where I can add some houses or a neighborhood, Ill take that. Whens the last day supposed to be? It would have to be sometime after Tuesday next week.
    edited July 2010
    mm i havent downloaded Candi_Dyla's version, but from his last comment i was under the impression he was going away ...
    i will try test it now, but this might be a problem ..

and after Tuesday is fine .. :)

if in the event that the latest version can not be opened without the world folder. ...

should we resort to the previous world file ... ? then once we hear back from Candi_Dyla we could try and import the lots back in ?

edited July 2010
    drowssap wrote:
    mm i havent downloaded Candi_Dyla's version, but from his last comment i was under the impression he was going away ...
    i will try test it now, but this might be a problem ..

and after Tuesday is fine .. :)

if in the event that the latest version can not be opened without the world folder. ...

should we resort to the previous world file ... ? then once we hear back from Candi_Dyla we could try and import the lots back in ?

Yeah, I could do that, I just want to build anyway. (:
    edited July 2010
    well until we hear from Candi_Dyla carry on with the previous world file ? and once we hear from him we can transfer his lots to the world ... ?

good luck btw :)!
  • Candi_DylaCandi_Dyla Posts: 777 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm back now. I'm so sory. I will try and fix that now.
    edited July 2010
    Uh oh. The compressed folder is too large of a file for me to upload onto mediafire. I'm not sure what I should do? If someone were to download the Kiara's upload than save my world file in her folder, would it work? I'm really unsure. I feel really bad. I think I'm ruining this whole thing. Sorry.
    edited July 2010
    dont be silly, im thinking its because of how many backup folders there are in there ... try deleting a few of the older back-up folders then uploading ?

:)! and dw about it seriously its ok

last time i checked there were around 5 ish back-up folders, each of them containing a copy of the world, theres no harm in deleting a few of the older ones
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so. I deleted all but one back ups and now it i small enough to upload. thanks for the tip.
    edited July 2010
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi, :mrgreen:

I only sent the save from my day.

You only have to send your back up and not any other. Those don't matter any more.~ but you have them if they're needed. :D
    edited July 2010
    Right, okay, I know I didn't do much, I know, I was pretty busy.
    34gvq8k.jpg

Download file comming up soon...
    edited July 2010
    that looks well cute :D! fits in nicely :)!
    edited July 2010
    Okay, Here is the link. And thanks :)
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2010
    Wow!

I just popped in to see what was going on with it. There's been a lot of work done on it. I wouldn't mind taking a swing at it for a day. I'll just check in every day and whenever there's a lull, let me know and I'll pick it up. :D

edited July 2010
    most days are free, tomorrow or the day after is fine :) its up to you though,
    id love it if you could add to this world :)
    edited July 2010
    I can work on it tonight my time PST, and get it back uploaded around midnight my time. If that's good, if not let me know. :D

edited July 2010
    That was a fun diversion.

I added a farming area with a dirt road that twines down to the coast. I added two commercial lots, one for the General Store and Feed Mill, and one for the local Tavern & ***** Tonk. Three Farm Lots, and three farm workers residential lots.

Anyone can of course alter anything if needed. Here's the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?534dd732icd059u
    1z3bfwk.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Oh my God! that's soo amazing! Why can't I make anything that good? I am forced to be envious of all of you skilled and talented world builders.
  • WyndhaneWyndhane Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Reporting for duty. 28th is mine. :D
    edited July 2010
    wow! auntielynds that looks great! im awful at doing farms, i shall download and check it out!
    this world is really coming along well :shock:

sorry about not updating this enough, i shall do so tonight

also to everyone else! your all welcome to join in :)!

and 28th is fine 8)
    edited July 2010
    That was fun, I'll take another round after everyone else gets theirs. I'm soooo slow, and there was so much more I wanted to do. I don't know how Rflong does it. When I saw she had it for a day, I thought "Oh no, there will be nothing left to do! :lol:

Great work so far everyone. I love all the different roads. Especially the one with the blue trim. Who created that? Maybe they would let me use it in one of my own worlds. :mrgreen:
  • WyndhaneWyndhane Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Arrright, I got shamefully little done, but TIME IS RUNNING OUT so here it is:

First things first! An update of the overview map (fog disabled)! Progress is joy.
    overview-1.png

... frankly, I blandly tossed trees on there to, uh, encourage other people to build a forest. ::cough:: It is terrible. It all but sabotages the project. But... this map desperately lacks woodsiness, and EgmondvonSchitzel's spruce trees looked terribly lonely and I'd just mess up the nice terrain painting if I touched it in pursuit of moar woodsiness. :<

I did some routing-painting. Not much, but some.

waterfalllake.png
    I repaired this lake. Sculpting work killed it previously. :O

swimmablelake.png
    I built another lake BECAUSE THERE WEREN'T ENOUGH OF THEM YET. THERE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH OF THEM. It is swimmable, if you like to swim in plants.
    Don't ask me what those ruin bits are doing in there, I don't know either.

graveyard.png
    I made a graveyard lot. Careful - IT'S A TRAP!

I built these three residential homes; they come furnished NPC-livable but fairly lovelessly so.
    house1.png
    60k furnished

house2.png
    170k furnished

house3.png
    70k furnished

all contain at least one crib.
    Somebody smack me if I forgot a door somewhere. :|

and:
    mineentrance.png
    this is a "tomb" entrance. This "tomb" contains spawners, a lot of rubble and some Ambitions drilling/mining machines. Some sections cannot be freed without the Legendary Axe of Pangu - but most can, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. :o It's not the most interesting of places, but, well, MINES! Where else would the frisbeeing doughnut gems and metals come from? :-/

http://www.mediafire.com/?5hkzmssxleyrrlg is the download link :O somebody tell me if there's problems.

@auntielynds

... aw shucks. ^^" Thank you! :oops: :XD: 'twas I - the roads - and yes certainly, they're available for anyone who wants them. I'd be honored to see them used elsewhere.
    I believe the download link for the textures is on the fourth page of this thread. Alter at your leisure. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on