Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any simmers also harvest moon fans? Other games?

Comments

• fasdfasd Posts: 714 New Member
    edited July 2010
    not saying this in a bad way, but why does it seem like everyone with the little children as their avatars have a thing for animals?

on topic: i never bothered to buy harvest moon even though i've heard about it a lot and many people seem to play it.
  • CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited July 2010
    Let me tell you. I use to LOVE l.o.v.e. Harvest Moon when I was younger. If they made it for the Xbox 360 and or PC I would probably buy it :P
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh I never played Harvest Moon. The other game I'm really into is an MMO called Wizard101.
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I loved Harvest Moon.

<- Fan. :-)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited July 2010
    I loved Harvest Moon on the GCN. They released two versions and I had to play both, one where you were a male and the other where you were a female. I loved it, I wish I had bought it... D:

Animal Crossing is my favorite, though. As long as we can erase the latest edition, City Folk, from existence than I've always enjoyed it more than The Sims series. They're two entirely different series, I know... but I LOVED Animal Crossing to death when it first came out. I was so obsessed that it was quite sad.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • mangoparademangoparade Posts: 32
    edited July 2010
    I'm Mandi, a HUGE Harvest Moon fan. I have Another Wonderful Life for GameCube, Island of Happiness for DS, and Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade both for Wii.
    But I also love Sims - not sure which I love more, on my free days I'll spend about an equal amount of time playing each - lol.
    Well, I came across this forum, anxious to find other fans of Harvest Moon (and Sims) because I've been planning a project for a couple of months now and I'd love to talk to some of you about my ideas (if anyone ends up reading this that is). Either way, it's nice to know there are some other Harvest Moon fans out there that like Sims, too!
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2010
    barisaxy wrote:
    I loved Harvest Moon on the GCN. They released two versions and I had to play both, one where you were a male and the other where you were a female. I loved it, I wish I had bought it... D:

Animal Crossing is my favorite, though. As long as we can erase the latest edition, City Folk, from existence than I've always enjoyed it more than The Sims series. They're two entirely different series, I know... but I LOVED Animal Crossing to death when it first came out. I was so obsessed that it was quite sad.
    I <3 Animal Crossing too! I was obsessed as well, and I still play it from time to time on my little blue DS. (:

I've played Harvest Moon a couple times but never got into it. I wanna go play it now. D;
    edited July 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

I loved Animal Crossing as well! I have it for Gamecube and DS but never played the Wii version. Reason I say I 'loved' it (note the ed) is because I played it all the time on my original DS until I bought a DSi and it wouldn't let me connect to Animal Crossing towns via Wifi on there =(
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

I loved Animal Crossing as well! I have it for Gamecube and DS but never played the Wii version. Reason I say I 'loved' it (note the ed) is because I played it all the time on my original DS until I bought a DSi and it wouldn't let me connect to Animal Crossing towns via Wifi on there =(
    Oh yes, I also have it for Gamecube. DS is funner, I think. (:

O: I was gonna buy a DSi. Maybe I shouldn't now...oh well.
    Is the DSi really fun?! ;D I heard you can take pictures with it.
  • LunarAngelWolfLunarAngelWolf Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    i love the harvest moon! i was looking in other threads and one of them was talking about adding a farm EP and i love that idea. That would be so awesome :0 what do you guys think?
    edited July 2010
    SimsARL wrote:
    O: I was gonna buy a DSi. Maybe I shouldn't now...oh well.
    Is the DSi really fun?! ;D I heard you can take pictures with it.

The DSi IS fun (except for the drawback that I did mention)! It actually does have 2 cameras - one that faces you and another that faces the direction in which your looking if that makes any sense). What I also like about it is that it also has a Shopping Channel like that on the Wii that lets you purchase DSiWare (mini DSi games) using points you can purchase or receive.
    edited July 2010
    i love the harvest moon! i was looking in other threads and one of them was talking about adding a farm EP and i love that idea. That would be so awesome :0 what do you guys think?

A farm expansion pack?! THAT would be AMAZING!!! & that also would help with a Sims project I've been working on for a couple of months now.... *mischievous laugh* xD
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm a huge fan of all things Nintendo. If I'm not playing Sims games I'm playing Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Kirby oh Star Fox, I just can't forget Star Fox. Ooops, I forgot the "Paper Mario" series way different from Super Mario and still so awesome.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I love Animal Crossing too, I've played the GameCube DS and Wii version, can't wait for the new one which I think it's for the new DS called the 3DS.
  • craigs64craigs64 Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    the purple plumbob...do u have a wii/ac frend code?
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited August 2010
    I love Harvest Moon. The first I ever played was A wondeful Life for the gc. I love most all the games i've managed to get my hands on, though I do have to say, I never was really fond of Back to Nature or Island of Happiness. Magical Melody too.

Though, Animal Parade is by far my favorite of them at the moment (especially with the wizard ;))
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
    edited August 2010
    OMG Babisko, I LOVE the Wizard (I'm his biggest fan xD) Check out my studio, I made a Harvest Moon Wizard sim!
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited August 2010
    OMG Babisko, I LOVE the Wizard (I'm his biggest fan xD) Check out my studio, I made a Harvest Moon Wizard sim!

:) Nice. It seems, whenever i start a new game on AP, I'm always going for the Wizard. It's hard for me to go after another marriagable candidate, though I can almost proudly say that I got myself to snag Chase in one of the games instead of the Wizard.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • JenniferMallard5JenniferMallard5 Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2010
    I love harvest moon. i had the ps2 version i think its called a wonderful life i stupidly traded it in for another game awhile. back now i want it again but can't find any copies in any of the video game stores. :(
  • sarasgamecube14sarasgamecube14 Posts: 185 Member
    edited August 2010
    Kail16 wrote:
    I'm a huge fan of all things Nintendo. If I'm not playing Sims games I'm playing Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Kirby oh Star Fox, I just can't forget Star Fox. Ooops, I forgot the "Paper Mario" series way different from Super Mario and still so awesome.

Me too! And I'm sooooo excited for the 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!! And Epic Mickey for Wii!!! :lol:
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    craigs64 wrote:
    the purple plumbob...do u have a wii/ac frend code?

No, sorry I don't.
    edited August 2010
    Me too! And I'm sooooo excited for the 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!! And Epic Mickey for Wii!!! :lol:

Oh yeah, I'm excited for Epic Mickey, too!
  • HailfirechristyHailfirechristy Posts: 14
    edited August 2010
    ah i never expected to see a topic about harvest moon on the frount lol. I've been a major fan of HM for a long time now... first started playing Mineral town. then save the homeland, and wonderful life (all playstation ones, never had a gc or wii) i'm so glad that there's hm boy and girl for psp as my access to the mineral town disk went away with a freind :(

one major word of warning though Innocent life while it might be a HM title... sucks. for me it was way too easy and i ended up having close to a million bucks by the time the story plot was done. story was ok... but gameplay was too easy.
    edited August 2010
    ah i never expected to see a topic about harvest moon on the frount lol. I've been a major fan of HM for a long time now... first started playing Mineral town. then save the homeland, and wonderful life (all playstation ones, never had a gc or wii) i'm so glad that there's hm boy and girl for psp as my access to the mineral town disk went away with a freind :(

one major word of warning though Innocent life while it might be a HM title... sucks. for me it was way too easy and i ended up having close to a million bucks by the time the story plot was done. story was ok... but gameplay was too easy.

Yay another HM fan! I've played practicly all the HM games on Nintendo platforms, but never played on a Sony/Playstation game. I do have a PS2 but no HM games for it. I would like to get one sometime for that platform though!
  • kayastephenkayastephen Posts: 1 New Member
    Harvest moon is my favorite farming simulator game but there are some alternatives games like harvest moon, check here for the games like harvest moon : https://www.techshout.com/sim-games-like-harvest-moon/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top