Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 installation questions

I know this isn't the Sims 2 forum, but it's more active here and many players also played Sims 2 so I'm more likely to get an answer.

I'm going to install the Sims 2 and some EP's on my newer (Sims 3) computer so I'm wondering if I need to download all the patches (for each of the EP's I'll be installing) or if they are already included in a later EP. Example: If I install Nighlife, is the University patch included or do I have to download it?

Also, do I need to install the EP's in order? I remember we had to for the original Sims, but don't recall for Sims 2.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kemcho123kemcho123 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I think they are included. I mean whenever I used to install a Sims 2 EP they just installed with it. Hope I helped. :)
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    They will update as you install, just let them update.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited July 2010
    The University patch is not included in Nightlife. The patch wasn't released until after Nightlife. In fact, it was released at the same time as the first Nightlife patch.

I'd recommend installing the patches yourself. The final patches for most EPs didn't come out until after the next EP was already released, so the patches you get with the EPs are not the final ones.

You don't have to install in release order but it's probably the best order to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top