Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any simmers also harvest moon fans? Other games?

I am currently addicted to Harvest Moon Animal Parade for Wii. It has some features in common with the sims 3 such as a developing community where members get married and have children. However, it also has its own unique features such as owning pets you can train, participating in festivals, and more farming options. I would love to see a talented simmer build Harmonica Town from this game in CAW. I know one simmer did Mineral Town from the gameboy version and play that town quite often.

I can't decide which is my favorite game (TS3 or Harvest Moon). I would love to see some Harvest Moon elements in a future TS3 EP (animals, mining, more story-oriented quests, festivals and holidays). I wish both games had more interactions for babies and toddlers as they are my favorite life stages.

My favorite TS3 EP so far is ambitions. Love it. I think my favorite all-time EPs would have to be the pets or vacation-themed ones. I was dissapointed WA didn't have more tourist features even though I love the puzzles. One day, I built some tourist lots in some of my destinations such as a family park in France. I think my least favorite EP was Superstar for TS1. The only things I really liked about that EP were the babysitter and the dive tank.

Basically if I could do anything to improve sims or harvest moon, it would be more children and pet themed objects, options, and interactions.

My favorite games when I was younger (adolesence) were catz 5, dogz 5, and babyz (by P.F. magic). Unfortunately, I had to stop playing them because they wouldn't run well on later versions of windows. All the newer games in this series are more mini games than virtual life so I don't play them.

Two really well-done virtual life games are My Baby First Steps and Nintendogs for the Nintendo DS. My Baby doesn't have much replay-ability once you do it once though.

Comments

• simcrediblesimcredible Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2010
    AHHHH HARVEST MOOOOON! LOVELOVELOVE!
    okay - i'll read your post now.
  • CloverStarDropperCloverStarDropper Posts: 1,873 New Member
    edited July 2010
    *Breathes in*
    HARVEST MOOOOONNN!!!! :mrgreen:
    *Breathes out*
    Phew. I love harvest moon. I have More friends of mineral town, rune factory, a wonderful life, another wonderful life, tree of tranquility, magical meloday...
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2010
    I just love Harvest moon
  • vidkid21vidkid21 Posts: 3,731
    edited July 2010
    Harvest Moon= Win
    Have it for gameboy and gamecube! :P
    edited July 2010
    I haven't gotten a new one since the VERY first one for the wii, where you are that fat blob of a guy. I want a new one so I can finally be a girl.

I love the gamecube one, i believe it's a wonderful life?
  • vidkid21vidkid21 Posts: 3,731
    edited July 2010
    I haven't gotten a new one since the VERY first one for the wii, where you are that fat blob of a guy. I want a new one so I can finally be a girl.

I love the gamecube one, i believe it's a wonderful life?
    yep. I need to go play that! xD
  • peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2010
    I feel so out of this. What exactly is Harvest Moon? I've heard of it I think.
    edited July 2010
    I feel so out of this. What exactly is Harvest Moon? I've heard of it I think.
    It's a series of simulation games about farming, with a bit of fantasy (ESPECIALLY in the spinoff, Rune Factory, which is my second favorite game). :D
  • puppyluvvpuppyluvv Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2010
    YES! HARVEST MOON! :D I love it!!!
    generation-two-banner-trait.png?w=640
    Our Lives are Better Left to Chance - A Legacy
    edited July 2010
    Ah okay thanks CloverStarDropper. I see, it sounds interesting. Is it similar to farmville? Because I despise farmville. A lot. [my friend is addicted, and it makes me want to hit them repeatedly]
    edited July 2010
    Ah okay thanks CloverStarDropper. I see, it sounds interesting. Is it similar to farmville? Because I despise farmville. A lot. [my friend is addicted, and it makes me want to hit them repeatedly]
    I wouldnt really know, i've never played it. The games have a mini-story, sometimes. Usually envolving the Harvest Godess. But a few have no real plot and are freeform.
    Rune Factory, on the other hand, is a fantasy/farm/simulation/rpg game, with a huge plot. I actually like the game. :P I married Rosetta on it.
    edited July 2010
    Lol okay, just wondering because you said farming so it's the first thing I thought of. The fantasy one sounds the coolest!
  • kelsey2126kelsey2126 Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Everyone should play street fighter
    edited July 2010
    Nothing like farmville. I hate, hate, hate, farmville.
    edited July 2010
    Oh my god me too.
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited July 2010
    Farmville stinks. No character development or story. Harvest moon is a much better simulation.
  • RANCIDRANCID Posts: 500 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ah Harvest moon. I cant even count how many weekends I wasted as a kid playing those games on my gamecube. For hours, like a mental patient, I'd sit in front of my TV and play. Very good memories it's now replaced with my ps3 and MAG. I used to play dogz and catz habitually when i was a kid too . I was devastated when they stopped making them... I also loved the zoo tycoon games!
  • pixpumirapixpumira Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited July 2010
    HARVEST MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3<3

WEE!!!!!!!
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited July 2010
    harvest moon is one of my all time favorite titles
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited July 2010
    I LOVE Harvest Moon. Been playing it since the very first one came out. Have it on Wii as well. :D
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • mewichigo34mewichigo34 Posts: 20
    edited July 2010
    harvest moon rocks
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2010
    harvest moon rocks

Agree and welcome to the forum
  • DANIW523DANIW523 Posts: 782 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I LOVE Harvest Moon! :D I haven't played in a while due to my playing the Sims. I definitely prefer the SIms because it's waaaaaaay more interactive than the streamlined story of Harvest Moon
  • TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited July 2010
    Harvest Moon is Amazing!
    I was thinking about doing foret-me-not Valley on caw!
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Wonderful life and another wonderful life!!!!! Zomg!
    I remember before I had kids... when I first rented awl (for free because I worked in a movie store) I played for an entire day. Totally "wasted" a day just watering crops and talking to people. it was the best.LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top