Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiberium Poisoning?

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten a variation on the "Nauseated" moodlet from having Tiberium in their inventory.

Also, does anyone know what long term effects this may have in game? (Yes, dropping the rock does remove the moodlet)

J.

Comments

• NeoGeminiCreatorNeoGeminiCreator Posts: 46
    edited June 2010
    If I remember correctly your sim will die if you keep tiberium in their inventory for too long. And since you're lucky enough to have tiberium in the first place, I suggest starting a tiberium farm. Keep the piece you got and eventually it will expand (I think) and make more tiberium. Wait for the new pieces to expand and you've got an easy 30 000 Simoleons there.
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for that "Viceroidal Nausea" didn't sound particularly pleasant when I looked it up on EA's website.

I have it locked in a very deep basement... will check it in a few days :)

J.
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for that "Viceroidal Nausea" didn't sound particularly pleasant when I looked it up on EA's website.

I have it locked in a very deep basement... will check it in a few days :)

J.
  • aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited June 2010
    Is this a new way to die?
    What is tiberium anyway?
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited June 2010
    If I remember correctly your sim will die if you keep tiberium in their inventory for too long. And since you're lucky enough to have tiberium in the first place, I suggest starting a tiberium farm. Keep the piece you got and eventually it will expand (I think) and make more tiberium. Wait for the new pieces to expand and you've got an easy 30 000 Simoleons there.

Sims don't die from tiberium poisoning, and hey do not reproduce themselves...
    What is tiberium anyway?

This gem was added into World aventures... there is a rare chance to be able to buy in egypt, but the easiest way to obtain is by breaking space rocks after attaining the 150 oak board challenge completion.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    edited June 2010
    What is tiberium anyway?

The Command and Conquer series is based on the contamination of earth by an extra-terrestrial element called Tiberium. I think it's an easter egg as an Ode to the successful EA IP.

Cute, but if you could die to Tiberium poisoning it would be interesting to see what colour the ghost would be ;)

*Evil Laugh*

J.
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2010
    green ghost :shock: in swamp :lol:
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2010
    For the second time, in sims tiberium aint kill ya!
  • NamiTaiNamiTai Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2010
    So, I cut my tiberium gem into the only cut I could cut it into: spire. After that, I placed it in my house. It glows and spits out stuff every now and then, but it seems harmless. It is growing though. It was worth 7 thousand something when I got it cut, and now it's worth 40 thousand something. :D:D:D

Edit: It's now called a Large Spire Cut Tiberium.
    edited June 2010
    Yeo thats pretty much what it does...
    Thats the biggest it gets :cry:

Wish u could get like sim sized spires.
    edited June 2010
    NamiTai wrote:
    So, I cut my tiberium gem into the only cut I could cut it into: spire. After that, I placed it in my house. It glows and spits out stuff every now and then, but it seems harmless. It is growing though. It was worth 7 thousand something when I got it cut, and now it's worth 40 thousand something. :D:D:D

Edit: It's now called a Large Spire Cut Tiberium.

Mine did the same thing, but I didn't get it cut I just put in the deepest basement I had once my sim started to run to the toilet. It "changed" into the Spire Cut shortly afterwards. There is a second chunk of Tiberium sitting next to it now (gotta love space rocks) but it's inactive. May give it a go and see if the soul gem thingee stops me from retching. ;)

J.
    edited June 2010
    Once more with feeling. :(

Sorry for the Multiple posts.

J.
    edited June 2010
    And this one....

J.
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the multiple posts :(

J.
  • ParanoianaParanoiana Posts: 34
    edited June 2010
    Tiberium is a rare and precious ore that came with World Adventures. You can find it in China, or get it through breaking Space Rocks on the Board Breaker bought in China.
    The thing with Tiberium is that you should carry it in your sims's inventory until they get poisoned, and then you just place the Tiberium anywhere on the ground and wait for a few days; during this time you will see the ore spout green sparks which I find rather cool. The Tiberium will eventually grow into a Large Spire Cut, worth between 30k-40k, so it's ultimately a very good money source. :-)
    If you want some, you shouldn't really run trying to get it in the raw since it's extremely difficult to find (haven't found a raw one yet, but I haven't been searching that actively), instead make your sim work up their Martial Arts skill and have them break Space Rocks on the Board Breaker. You're bound to get some Tiberium after a while, just remember to keep it in the sim's inventory until it gets poisonous.
    I've also heard that the Tiberium won't "activate" properly if you get it from the board breaker, ie. it won't poison your sim or grow into a cut. Travelling would cure it, if that's the case, though.
    Oh, and Tiberium can't kill a sim, they only get a bit sick (though they've never vomited because of it in my experience). The only new way to kill sims that WA brought was through the Mummy's Curse.
    This felt rather long-winded, but yeah, hoped that helped you some. =)
    edited June 2010
    I wish they add tiberium poisning death eventually... maybe it culd be ane easter egg for an aliens ep.

*lol aliens as in aliens, not aliens as in facehuggers,chestbursters and the lot, sigourney weaver and all*
  • ParanoianaParanoiana Posts: 34
    edited June 2010
    I wish they add tiberium poisning death eventually... maybe it culd be ane easter egg for an aliens ep.

*lol aliens as in aliens, not aliens as in facehuggers,chestbursters and the lot, sigourney weaver and all*
    Ohh, I would love that! :D I loved all the supernatural creatures from The Sims 2, it would be awesome if they could have some creepy supernatural/paranormal EP with aliens, vampires, werewolves etc. And alien abductions=win. :P And alien babies, though I wish they would have some special ability(ies) and not be so normal unlike in TS2. Like being immune to Tiberium poisoning. Or being able to communicate with cockroaches. :lol: LOL Okay, that felt so random.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited June 2010
    so THATS why my space rock started spewing greeen globs and grew to twice its normal size! lol.

it didnt make my sim sick tho. i just put it on display cause it looked cool. i had originaly had it in a skull cut. (glowing green skull, awesomeness) but it grew into a giant spire cut. i was kinda annoyed the cut changed, but its still really cool.

i never checked to see how much it was worth. i beleive i got it from thr board breaker, cause my master martial artist has a board breaker in the basement, and she usualy has the floor filled with various gems

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Jivatma/Ovevil 3/Screenshot-164.jpg&quot;height=450 width=600"[/IMG]
  • simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited June 2010
    With the Miner machine from Ambitions you can drill, drill, and get random gems and stones and stuff :)

Command and Conquer was mentioned above, but I want enough Tiberium to start a War.

screen4_large.jpg"width=600"
    edited June 2010
    If u cant seem to be getting tiberium (it took me about 30 gems to get one, then i got like 5 tiberium within 21 gems) Look for anything with green on it.
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited June 2010
    There was a big thread on Tiberium a little while ago, it had some good information.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure you can only find Tiberium on the ground in Egypt (which makes sense since in Command & Conquer it was originally found there) but as mentioned you can get it from the board breaker (and possibly the new drilling device).

"Inactive" Tiberium that doesn't glow or grow seems to be a bug, it usually happens when you get it from the board breaker. You can "activate" the Tiberium by either travelling with it or getting it cut (if you want a particular cut such as the skull mentioned above I think you have to let it grow and then change the cut using the display stand, although I could be wrong). The heart cut is a good option if you have it available since it's cheaper than the spire (although the profit on growing and selling Tiberium is pretty big anyway).

There's another bug (unless they've fixed it, I haven't checked with the new patch/expansion yet) that makes any cut gem and smelted metal lose value when you travel with it (or export and import it) so if you take a 40,000 value large spire cut Tiberium to a different location with you it'll end up worth around 100 (items change to the value of their raw form).

With regard to the Tiberium poisoning, it just makes your sim sick and doesn't have any other effects so it's not something to worry too much about. As far as I know, it's not necessary to have your sim become sick to make Tiberium grow (as I mentioned earlier, just travelling with it or getting it cut should work).

I think those are the main points anyway :).
  • lathrai35vlathrai35v Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2010
    First time my sim got the poisoning moodlet from Tiberium. The strange thing was that he didnt have Tiberium in his inventory :)
    An hour after the sickness moodlet appeared it arrived cut in the mail lol. So maybe somehow having it cut through mail also counts as having it in your inventory.

After I put it on display the moodlet slowly disappeared and when it did disappear, my sim had to vomit :)
  • TeresaIsonTeresaIson Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    You only get sick or ill feeling if you keep the cut tiberium in your invetory for to long so if you get it cut, there are 2 choices of cuts spiral or heart shaped the spiral one is the only one that "grows. it usually maxes out between 30,000-45,000 simoleons and you dont have to keep it deep in your basement just make sure after you check your mail after getting it cut you take it out and either set it down in the garage or on the gound or on a carters display table you will be fine and ive kept tiberium in my invetory for several days you dont die just sick only and yes it does go away in a few hours, have fun. :D
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited July 2010
    For more reference to tiberium, I suggest you refer to the post http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/132219.page
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited July 2010
    Smeelia wrote:
    There's another bug (unless they've fixed it, I haven't checked with the new patch/expansion yet) that makes any cut gem and smelted metal lose value when you travel with it (or export and import it) so if you take a 40,000 value large spire cut Tiberium to a different location with you it'll end up worth around 100 (items change to the value of their raw form).

I just want to say that the 'cut gem bug' also affects analysed space rocks; if you score a really good boost to the base value of a space rock when you analyse it don't travel with it; it'll drop to a random unanalysed value for that type of space rock (and you won't be able to reanalyse it).