Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exotic world preview Update 15/08/10 update page 4 Beta testing

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
The story so far

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..

I've recently started work on a new world for the Sims 3, the project name is hope Island, thou the name might change.

I've been working on the world since 10th, with work and family stuff going on, I've made some progress, see what you think so far, all feedback welcome:-

Screenshot-3-17.jpg

You can still see by the pictures I'm still doing the textures, but you can still see by the last pic on how the final world might look.

update 16/07/10

I've got two new picture of the world to show you:-

Screenshot-4-13.jpg

You can see the world starting to take shape, of course I still need to finish the textures and add trees and objects.
Screenshot-5-15.jpg

UPDATE 19/07/10

The next step for this world was to try and get the trains running, here are the pictures of the trains in action:-

Screenshot-2-21.jpg

Update 20/07/10

The texture for the world are completed :D , so here is the final look at the shape of the world:

Screenshot-3-19.jpg
Screenshot-52.jpg
I'm still tweaking the world colors, but this sunset gets my vote, I love the orange glow
Screenshot-4-14.jpg
Thou the world does contain some reference to weather, like the water changes to a dark blue when the clouds are overcast, I'm still trying to keep a feeling of realism to the world. The color used here might not be in the final version, I'm trying different colors at the end of every night, the final version will contain my favorite weather and sea colors.
Screenshot-5-17.jpg

Comments

• S1msEl1teS1msEl1te Posts: 82
    edited July 2010
    The last pic lools pretty cool.
  • 9908999089 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited July 2010
    bookmarked!
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I will be release the pics in stages as I'm doing small diary over on the TS3 CREATORS CONSORTIUM you can find the thread here:-

http://builders.forumotion.net/wip-f7/hope-island-15-07-2010-t941.htm

A one of the key features of this world it will contain a edited moon, sun,stars and contain heat waves from world adventures, the next pic I post, I will show you the heat waves so you can see what the world looks like with them in.

• stargemSM1stargemSM1 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Beautiful and bookmarked. One question, the textures you are using, are they default or CC? If they are CC where did you get them?

edited July 2010
    stargemSM1 wrote:
    Beautiful and bookmarked. One question, the textures you are using, are they default or CC? If they are CC where did you get them?

The texture are edited EA textures and some I made myself, the world does not need that many textures, 16 in total, but that's for everything water, grass and mountains, what I did was use a base color, which was sand for the mountains then just highlighted the mountains, with some low quality textures. All the textures used in the world are DDS with DXT 5 compression. Which makes them far less in KB than the EA textures.

At some point I will make a texture pack for release, a least when I get 5 minutes to sort out my folder with all my textures in.
  • stargemSM1stargemSM1 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2010
    hehehe...cool and thanks for the info...*sigh* (heads over to CAW to recolor mountians)

edited July 2010
    Just updated the first page with 2 new pictures
  • psrahmingpsrahming Posts: 55 New Member
    edited July 2010
    It looks great. I love the mountains.
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey Stw!

I love it at TS3CC, and I love it here!

Makes me think of an alien world in another galaxy. I think it would be cool to inhabit it with sims created with Jmtmoms, Reptile Skins at GoS. :mrgreen:

3162bkj.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited July 2010
    This world looks totally awesome! :P I like custom textures that you use for it) Looks kool. Mountains are just Wow

Auntielynds, I just was looking for you because I remember that you have links to custom textures on your signature :lol: I was looking through all posts to find you, and you just posted your comment here :mrgreen: Thank you for links! My old PC died last week with all the world files and textures that I had and I lost everything. It's always helpful when somebody has links like that :wink:
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2010
    Stw402,

Wow, your world looks wonderful, even with just the terrain. I'd love to see it, after you have completed some of you lots.
    edited July 2010
    psrahming - Many thanks

auntielynds - Thanks for posting the link to the alien sims, I like the idea of having a part of the world a little alien in nature, on the north part of the world, I was thinking about building something to do with a dead culture, perhaps that culture was reptile and perhaps a few still live in the world. I will post a link to the sims in the final upload and work them into the final story about the world, sounds like fun.

white_lily_1988 Many thanks I'm pleased you like the world so far :mrgreen:

Damienf519 - Many thanks, I've also enjoyed viewing your town recently,"Las Montañas Rojas ", a nice cowboy town :D

Miniupdate

I will be having a little break this weekend, but I will be back with a new update soon. The next update will include the animated train pictures, that will be fully working soon.

edited July 2010
    Stw402,

Thanks. I'm glad you liked my town as well. I was trying to give Las Montañas Rojas a cowboy town look. I'll updated my thread on it, when I'm done, and you can done load it, if you'd like. I think I might also download your world when its complete. You might want to also consider including a saved game file, with some of your own sims, so people don't have to wait for the town to populate itself when they first start playing.
    edited July 2010
    Upon release I've yet to given up hope that the world will contains Sims by using CAW:-

That pic is a test shot in trying to get sims working inside CAW, thou my concerns over this was how well they would save and I had few problems getting them to save during testing, but I do plan to continue to research this, in the hope that the world can be populated by using CAW. But even If I'm successful it still might not happen, due to the total size of the world will increase a great deal, in that case a saved game file will be a good option, also something of note, upon request the actual CAW world file will be available for download.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AbemAbem Posts: 1,137
    edited July 2010
    Im downloadin it when it comes! It looks amazin!
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure you already know about this, but I'll post it just to be sure.
    Tutorial: Pre-populating worlds http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=403303
    edited July 2010
    Abem - Many thanks

auntielynds - That's the first time I've read the tutorial, it's different than the method I was trying to get to work, I made the Sims in cas placed them in a blank lot, extracted all the data from the lot, then loaded in CAW and placed in the same lot without the sims. Then exited CAW and then edited the new lot with the original extracted data. I got this working but would crash out, when I saved the game, so unless I perfect this method or use that tutorial I'm sure upon release I will have some sims ready to be used.
    edited July 2010
    Stw402 wrote:
    Upon release I've yet to given up hope that the world will contains Sims by using CAW:-
    SIMS.jpg

That pic is a test shot in trying to get sims working inside CAW, thou my concerns over this was how well they would save and I had few problems getting them to save during testing, but I do plan to continue to research this, in the hope that the world can be populated by using CAW. But even If I'm successful it still might not happen, due to the total size of the world will increase a great deal, in that case a saved game file will be a good option, also something of note, upon request the actual CAW world file will be available for download.

That looks interesting and it might be nice if you could get it to work. However, I never feel comfortable downloading anything that uses a mod, since there are enough problems with the game already.
    You know you could just upload a saved game file to a third party site and people could download that separately. Than once they have the map file installed, all they'd have to is move the saved game file to their map folder. That way you might still be able to upload the map to the exchange.
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited July 2010
    OMG! LOVE IT! but how did you get your water that blue!!! please tell me
  • SareBear123SareBear123 Posts: 1,703 New Member
    edited July 2010
    OOh very nice, bookmarked
    edited July 2010
    Damienf519 - I can see your point, I do want this world to be store object, custom content free, mod free, anything I do beyond this will just increase the download size and might make it beyond uploading to the exchange. If I get a few family's uploaded with the world that will be a bonus, that will depend on a lot on the size of the world, If I feel the KB goes to high then that will be the first thing I will axe. One thing I should say, I wish to be able to actual play the world myself, so I will consider things very carefully on what will work in the world.

MATZ - Thanks, as for turning the water blue, read this tutorial, it should explain what you need:-
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388840

You might also wish to read my tutorial over on TS3 CREATORS CONSORTIUM, it will show you how to edit some other things, like the sunset times:-
    http://builders.forumotion.net/tutorials-tips-guides-tips-and-help-f35/world-specific-params-files-in-testing-t934.htm

SareBear123 - Thanks for your interest in the world

UPDATE

Got no new pics to show you yet, still working on finishing the terrain, I will hold new pics off until I can show you something new. Making good progress, I'm hoping to have a look at how you can animate the train, but unsure where I will use the train on the map, I'm sure I will work something out.
    edited July 2010
    I've updated the first page with the trains, the train track splits the land, the trains go in and out of tunnels, it does add a extra depth to the world. Some of the area's around the trains are still not finished but does give you a idea of how the trains will become a part the world.
    edited July 2010
    I've tweaked the front page, removed some of the older picture and replaced with the latest pictures from my world.

Many thanks for viewing :D
    edited July 2010
    Here are some new development pics of my upcoming world:-

Screenshot-2-22.jpg
    Screenshot-3-20.jpg
    Screenshot-2-23.jpg
    Screenshot-7-16.jpg
    Screenshot-8-15.jpg

I've been busy designing the town area this week, I still need to touch up the area and add trees and other things to this part of the world.