Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1 day create a world, pass it on, updated page 18-19 +

Comments

• RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2010
    Gah, friends, I should have known. >.< My one friend wants to go to the movies Saterday and I can't say no, she's going to kill me, because she knows my mom will obviously say yes etc. Maybe Sunday? Sorry, I know I'm delaying but it's not my fault, my friends, family etc. >.<
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited July 2010
    you dont have to drop out :(
    like i said before you can do as much or as little as you like, its up to you
    im happy with everyone's work so far,

and so long as your letting me know in advance :lol: which you are, i have no problem what so ever :) sunday is fine dont worry
    + have a good time with your friend :)
  • Candi_DylaCandi_Dyla Posts: 777 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey, I'm going to be unable to work on this world at my assigned time. Sorry. I'm not sure when I'll be available but I'll let you know.
    edited July 2010
    thats ok, thankyou for letting me know,
    oh :( its so late, feels like iv lost a day of my life, god knows how i will sleep tonight, iv been asleep all day on and off the bus,
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yes? You called... :(
    edited July 2010
    i was wondering if you had been working on this or if you didnt feel like it,
    im ok with either :) i will always look up to you as that amazing world builder anyway

• WyndhaneWyndhane Posts: 383 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I think it's safe to say that your contribution is more than welcome, Rflong7. :-)

And actually! I've an idea for a workaround concerning the invisible and/or semiinvisible sidewalks, for builders who don't want CC files! Create road masks, with the mask tool, invert them and paint the terrain under the invisible sidewalk with something that looks, texture-wise, like a sidewalk or road-border! It should, psychologically, have the same effect on the player - they'd probably try lining up the lot with *that* border then, if it's convincing enough. :D

It's prolly rather late for me to bring up that suggestion, but it's an idea for others who may be like-minded. :D

Is that idea totally neat? It is totally neat isn't it? I think it's totally neat.
    edited July 2010
    It is a totally neat idea. :lol:
    The roads are great. It's only the sidewalks that concern me.

I have been working on it.
    I messed up some of the terrain paint- I was trying to mix it up and can't get it to match back up.... rather frustrating. I didn't want to mess it up, I really, really didn't. :(
    edited July 2010
    its alright dont worry about it :)! sure it'll be fine

i will look forward to seeing what youv done in the morning i guess, my search for a horror film has left me just too tired to watch a film, so i need sleep :shock:

edited July 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    It is a totally neat idea. :lol:

:mrgreen: :!: :mrgreen: :!: :mrgreen: :!:
    edited July 2010
    Get some sleep.
    I'll upload the files tonight. I might actually get something done. :lol:
    edited July 2010
    Okay- I didn't realize it would take so long to upload. I did add a back up file which might be the reason.

I'll upload pictures and the link soon... :mrgreen:

Okay... I did mess with other's work. But only marginally.

I extended the beach to add 3 60x60 lots with legacy prices.
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

And I had to play with the Marsh stuff...

There are 5 or 6 lots in the Marsh- Addressed and mood boosts added. I built 2 lots:
    a Quaint cabin

And the Longman's Fishing Hole.

I gave some texture to the mine/waterfall painted rock areas, worked on blending the Distant Terrain and smoothing the line, plus worked on the river wall a little.

Cut a River but decided to let someone else do it or change it. I realized I should "only work on a small part and sharing is good." ;)

And lastly, I flattened the city- with some hills where it was painted to indicate hills. I like flat lots. :??

That's all I did... :mrgreen:

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzqwzzmycqnjnzg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2010
    Whoa. This looks good.

I think I have to hate you now. :O

Anyway, nice! This is starting to turn into a very promising-looking world. :D
    edited July 2010
    Mwahaha! Another added to my list... :mrgreen::wink:
    edited July 2010
    You keep a list of envious haters? :hunf:

... stop gloating and come banter off-topic in the dot-thread! :roll:
    edited July 2010
    @ Rflong7

O M G

im impressed :shock: it looks amazing, you've really tidy'd up that terrain! thankyou for doing this :D!

oh im so tired, to much walking back and forth in work :(

i will update this now .. but theres no one for today ...
    edited July 2010
    would anyone like to add to this world today ?

im pleased by how the much shape the world has taken :shock: hopefully it wont die out :(

and as iv said many times 8) everyone is welcome to join in
  • EgmondvonSchitzelEgmondvonSchitzel Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Well, we can keep one little day free... but I don't feel like anyone else is going to join in :(
    So then there's only two people left :cry:
    edited July 2010
    well bump then :oops:

hopefully some others will join in the world looks lovely so far
    edited July 2010
    also Rflong7 i just downloaded it to have a look around :shock: and im impressed and :shock:, it looks so tidy

and also the layers are all sorted tidy, im not sure who did that but well :shock:

and the roads look nice too, must of been quite tricky with some of those textures :shock: i may take a few more in game photos, but i cant believe this was all done in 5 days :shock:
  • ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited July 2010
    WOW! This looks fantastic. I wish I could help, except that I am currently using a mac, and also... Well, you all are much better at world creating than I am!
  • ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Also, have you all any idea what this world will be called? And does it require mods and CC?
    edited July 2010
    Hi,

You can ask people if they would like to build lots for it too... Maybe certain sides or such~ especially for the community lots since we know what sizes they have to be.

Anyway... Thanks. I did remove some of my work because I didn't want to do too much and not leave space for others. You can tell it's by the lake and the upper level by the marsh. I can get carried away. :(

I didn't mess with any other layers. I did keep my work in one layer in case it needed to be removed. You never know. ~Oh, I must say that I used the fog emitters to make fireflies on the two lots. I hope it works like it should. If not they can be removed.
    edited July 2010
    no idea what it will be called just yet, im thinking of an idea in mind which will be like a thankyou to all those who have taken part in building it

and mods and CC no so far theres no lots either, and CAW does not use CC :)

and yes that could be a good idea, the world is in much better shape now for lots, and getting carried away is fine ;) my hope for this would was that it would be a sort of world where everyone who took part could add something :)

it looks amazing for 5 days though :shock:

iv heard that the fog emitters can be used to appear like weather as well, but its constant,

i gtg, will finish this message later

so yes ... ANY LOT BUILDERS OR WORLD BUILDERS ARE WELCOME TO TAKE PART .. :)!
    beginner or advanced either way your all welcome :)!
    edited July 2010
    Hmm... how long will you wait for additional volunteers before considering second rounds, Drowssap? :O

and: does the deadline increase along with drop-out days? :x seems like today's a no-go, after all.

(these questions are totally not a well-disguised way of bumping the thread)